Sweden Classic + Rakza Z

says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
Has anyone got ideas what is the feeling of this setup?

I play control game, topsin when there are opportunites during the rally. I play close to the table. I'm a bit old, limited strength and footwork not so fast - if F1 the fastest car, I would say I'm a F3.

I like to improve my push and short balls. My pushes mostly long. Yes, I can push short but quite difficult to control. I think my rubbers might be too springy (or simply I'm not good enough).

I'm wondering if this setup can help with my short game. I'm thinking to change after my FH rubber lose grip or dead.

Thanks in advance.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Good spin, slower speed, higher spin sensitivity. If you are active close to the table and are good at handling/adjusting to oncoming spin, I think it'd be a fine setup for playing a control/spin game, but it will be quite a noticeable change from Rozena.

Reactions: IB66 and Kopp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Correct me. I thought with a tacky/sticky rubber I can put my own spin on the ball and ignores any oncoming spin?
You can but you need to use quite a bit of force. But even without your own force sticky rubbers react less. I don't know if it's because of the stickiness or the topsheet lazyness or sponge hardness.

I think my concern with the Yasaka Sweeden Extra with harder rubbers would be that how much the rubber hardness will affect the blade flex. The harder rubbers will have make your blade flex more and in a way that might be OK but also make your shot less predictable. Blade flex is a variable that needs to be accounted for.

Nov 2022
.. the rubber hardness will affect the blade flex. The harder rubbers will have make your blade flex more and in a way that might be OK but also make your shot less predictable. Blade flex is a variable that needs to be accounted for.
Ouch! This is new to me. I don't understand 😅

Ok I know my blade slow and flexy but how the rubber hardness can varies its flexibility?

You say the harder the the rubber, the more flex it become? Logically speaking it should be the other way around, shouldn't it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Your rubber is hard your blade is soft, so once force is exerted to your rubber it will transfer to your blade too. Harder rubber can yield less and your blade will have to yield more.
If your blade yields or flexes it will change your hit angle by some degrees. That needs to be compensated for. With practice you can compensate but I am saying what is happening to your paddle.

This is one of the reasons that flexy blades are not that great if you have a fast stroke. The blade face has air resistance and of course, the mass of the blade face and rubbers also makes the blade flex so the blade face angle change is a big variable you need to adjust for. It might be just few degrees compared to the handle but it can make the difference that you hit the ball on the table or 20cm long.

Nov 2022
Your rubber is hard your blade is soft, so once force is exerted to your rubber it will transfer to your blade too. Harder rubber can yield less and your blade will have to yield more.
If your blade yields or flexes it will change your hit angle by some degrees. That needs to be compensated for. With practice you can compensate but I am saying what is happening to your paddle.

This is one of the reasons that flexy blades are not that great if you have a fast stroke. The blade face has air resistance and of course, the mass of the blade face and rubbers also makes the blade flex so the blade face angle change is a big variable you need to adjust for. It might be just few degrees compared to the handle but it can make the difference that you hit the ball on the table or 20cm long.
Understood. IYO, should I try Rakza Z Extra Hard on my FH, and normal Rakza Z on BH? Or both extra hard?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Has anyone got ideas what is the feeling of this setup?

I play control game, topsin when there are opportunites during the rally. I play close to the table. I'm a bit old, limited strength and footwork not so fast - if F1 the fastest car, I would say I'm a F3.

I like to improve my push and short balls. My pushes mostly long. Yes, I can push short but quite difficult to control. I think my rubbers might be too springy (or simply I'm not good enough).

I'm wondering if this setup can help with my short game. I'm thinking to change after my FH rubber lose grip or dead.

Thanks in advance.
IMG_8407.jpeg

Reactions: Kopp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Understood. IYO, should I try Rakza Z Extra Hard on my FH, and normal Rakza Z on BH? Or both extra hard?
I had Rakza Z EH in both red and black and the black sheet was bloody hard. On a super viscaria type blade they felt much better than on W968 and W968 is still stiffer than a Yasaka Sweden Extra so I am unsure if the combination would work. For me it would feel slow. Also Rakza Z (especially the EH) is pretty heavy so that doesn't help much either.

Interesting. At revspin many people pair Yasaka Sweden Extra with Rakza 7 and Rakza 7 Soft, so maybe this is a proper way?!

I have some experience with BH Rakza Z + Zoran Primorac and FH Rakza Z EH + Carbospeed and I'm happy with both of them. As Primorac is not so far from Sweden Extra, I guess that Rakza Z + Sweden Extra could work, but not really sure about Rakza Z EH. With my current experience and knowledge I'd put together BH Rakza Z + FH Rakza Z EH + Donic Waldner Legend Carbon, which is stiffer and faster, still with an incredible control.

Reactions: latej and Kopp
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Correct me. I thought with a tacky/sticky rubber I can put my own spin on the ball and ignores any oncoming spin?
I had used Rakza Z on my BH, it's a solid rubber, Adjustments will need to be made when pushing against backspin, I found both Z and Z EH to be pretty spin sensitive, you have to open the bat angle more than a lot of other rubbers.
The 'throw angle' usually people talk about throw angle when playing top spin stroke is pretty high, this is reversed v back spin, the ball can be pulled down. I see throw angle as spin sensitivity.
Scarfed Garchomp is 100% correct about Z/Z EH high spin sensitivity.

I played R Z on BH and Z EH on FH on a pretty slow blade, defensive rating, not a stiff blade either. Close to the table no issues regarding speed, mid range still good, away from the table speed is not slow slow, but a bit of effort is needed, still not as much effort that a rubber like H3 (un-boosted) needs.
The thing to ask yourself is how many away from the table looping rallies do I get into during a match?? most people are lucky to get into 1 per match. Defensive fishing is more common and you'll not have much of an issue getting enough on the ball to get it on the table.
Rakza Z and Z EH are still in my top 4 'Hybrid' rubbers!!

Nov 2022
I played R Z on BH and Z EH on FH on a pretty slow blade, defensive rating, not a stiff blade either. Close to the table no issues regarding speed, mid range still good, away from the table speed is not slow slow, but a bit of effort is needed, still not as much effort that a rubber like H3 (un-boosted) needs.
Are you telling that Rakza Z EH (FH) and Rakza Z (BH) setup should work on slow blade e.g. my blade or even slower like Sweden Classic or Sweden Defensive?

Great!

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Are you telling that Rakza Z EH (FH) and Rakza Z (BH) setup should work on slow blade e.g. my blade or even slower like Sweden Classic or Sweden Defensive?

Great!
I don’t see any reason why not, but It’s always a personal thing, what you like or don’t !!
what I would say is if you do want to try Rakza Z and Z EH, I would firstly remove one sheet of Rozena and put on either Z or Z EH, then the blade is familiar and the only difference is the Rakza Z or Z EH.
You then get a direct comparison between the 2 rubbers. You may find that you like the feel and play well with R Z on your current blade. If you do go down this route, BEWARE, majority of defensive blades have a larger head, if you cut the new rubber to a smaller blade, you won’t be able to transfer it to the larger one and have the whole blade covered!!
Overall a defensive blade with R Z / Z EH will be pretty heavy, and is likely to feel head heavy.
The defensive rated blades I use, are bespoke made, and have a regular head size.

With Rakza Z / Z EH, you will gain spin capability, possibly lose a bit of speed compared to Rozena, gain short game control (regarding the springiness of the sponge) but have to adjust to incoming spin.

It’s always swings and roundabouts!!

Reactions: Kopp