Switching to Stiga rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Hi there. Ive been playing with Cybershape wood with T05fx FH and glayzer 09c Bh. Its ok i guess, ive been playing for 2 years now, but im taking it quite serious, mostly spin oriented attacking game. Playing with couches etc, already won some tournaments. But for fun thinking about trying some Stiga rubbers. I was thinking about Dragon on Bh and new Hybrid(M or H? ) on FH. What would you think about that? thx guys in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: FrenchFrog33
I would use something faster on BH.
Glayser 09C on FH and Glayser on BH is a good combo for me. I use this on what I think is a slower blade than yours (Alser all+). Tenergy 05FX is way to reactive in the short game for me.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
After some chat with local Stiga dealer they reccomended Dragon for BH and Mantra PRO M for FH. Better setup for control, and thats what im looking for. Thx

Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Stiga is among the best brands and they have produced some great equipment.

So far I used following rubbers on my forehand

1 - Friendship 729 (from 1985 to 1991)

I started playing again in 2020

2 - Rakza 7, Rakza X, Stiga Mantra M, Tibhar MXP during 2020 till now

& I found Mantra as best forehand rubber. It produces heaviest topspin. However now I am thinking about to go for Stiga DNA Pro M.

so I'll suggest to go for Stiga DNA Pro M and then consider Stiga Mantra. I hope you'll not regret

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
After some chat with local Stiga dealer they reccomended Dragon for BH and Mantra PRO M for FH. Better setup for control, and thats what im looking for. Thx
That is weird. I would suggest the other way around Dragon Grip for FH and Mantra Pro M for BH, but I would rather just tell you to use Mantra Pro XH for FH instead of the Dragon Grip. I never played with Dragon Grip but I bet it's pretty much the same thing as Donic Bluegrip C2(which I used) so the durability of it is poor, while Mantra Pro XH is pretty good.
Tho the Mantra XH is not tacky and it's much more bouncy.
Anyway if you got these rubbers you can just twiddle the racket and feel if Dragon Grip is more suited on BH or FH,.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
That is weird. I would suggest the other way around Dragon Grip for FH and Mantra Pro M for BH, but I would rather just tell you to use Mantra Pro XH for FH instead of the Dragon Grip. I never played with Dragon Grip but I bet it's pretty much the same thing as Donic Bluegrip C2(which I used) so the durability of it is poor, while Mantra Pro XH is pretty good.
Tho the Mantra XH is not tacky and it's much more bouncy.
Anyway if you got these rubbers you can just twiddle the racket and feel if Dragon Grip is more suited on BH or FH,.
it depends, one of my friends is playing Stiga Hybrid H on BH and Dragon Grip on FH, another of my friends use Dragon Grip both sides and they all said DG is a much better FH

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi there. Ive been playing with Cybershape wood with T05fx FH and glayzer 09c Bh. Its ok i guess, ive been playing for 2 years now, but im taking it quite serious, mostly spin oriented attacking game. Playing with couches etc, already won some tournaments. But for fun thinking about trying some Stiga rubbers. I was thinking about Dragon on Bh and new Hybrid(M or H? ) on FH. What would you think about that? thx guys in advanced
Hybrid H on fh, Platinum m or s on bh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
it depends, one of my friends is playing Stiga Hybrid H on BH and Dragon Grip on FH, another of my friends use Dragon Grip both sides and they all said DG is a much better FH
I saw many HKer and Chinese used DG on FH side, even choppers. On BH I saw no one use it, but I tried C2 on BH it's usable just not my thing.
I think in China DG makes a lot of sense since it's around 200RMB on TB, even if one needs to replace it every 2 months it's not like Dignics that costs well over double. In Europe it's like 50+EURish and for 2 months that's a bit steep.

Reactions: longle and ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I saw many HKer and Chinese used DG on FH side, even choppers. On BH I saw no one use it, but I tried C2 on BH it's usable just not my thing.
I think in China DG makes a lot of sense since it's around 200RMB on TB, even if one needs to replace it every 2 months it's not like Dignics that costs well over double. In Europe it's like 50+EURish and for 2 months that's a bit steep.
Hello Zwill
How would you rate your Mantra XH on FH?

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Well coincidence here's what's coming in my next step of my EJ path. I bought those nearly 1.5 years ago (they don't even sell the Pro version anymore on the western markets) Definitely DG on the FH though, I think it would be too hard for BH.
413391772_705707391546560_622914679937723622_n.jpg

This user has no status.
I think the new DNA Hybrid series is really good.

I have been playing with DNA Hybrid H on FH and M on BH for 2 weeks now, and I have to say that they are amongst the spiniest rubbers that I have ever used.

Even A 2nd division player that I practiced with was surprisingly blocking a lot of my topspins off the table.

In terms of speed the Hybrid M is quite a bit faster then the Glayzer 09C. I played a few times with Glayzer 09C on both sides, but I found it super hard to create speed on closed rallies. I would say the Hybrid M is less tacky and softer, but that makes it easier to play with.