T2 Asia Pacific Table Tennis League 2017!

Which team do you think will win?

• Team Maze: (Timo Boll, Chen Chien-An, Aleksandr Shibaev)

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Team JJ: (Vladimir Samsonov, Chuang Chih-Yuan, Tomokazu Harimoto)

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Team Persson: (Jun Mizutani, Joo Saehyuk, Mattias Karsson)

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Team Rossi: (Dmitrij Ovtcharov, Shang Kun, Paul Drinkhall)

Votes: 24 34.3%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 2 reviews
Points that I like:

1. Court set-up: It's refreshing and feels so wide and not cramped. It's a good breather even for the spectators.
2. Time limit: This adds excitement and less boring "picking up the ball" moments. It keeps sustain the hype in every game.
3. Kill Zone Game rule: This adds variety and complexity to the team tournament. I personally starting to feel that this is a team tournament rather than just focusing on the individual players. Plus, more area for the coaches to showcase their tactics.
4. No deuce rules: Adds more excitement to the game and more pressure to the players. Like a buzzer beater in basketball.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
[...] a formidable effort to make TT less boring [...]

Wow. That hurt. Do you really think TT is boring? You're just floating it here, pretty much as it's a given commonly accepted. Making that remark a loaded one.

Since I'm weird, when I think I detect such a presumption in a remark my devious mind always runs the (loaded) question "are you still hitting your wife?".

(If yes: shame on you, you are still hitting your wife! If no: shame on you, you used to be hitting your wife! That's the way loaded talk works.)

Not that I'm aggrevated or anything, this is just my cognitive dissonance kicking in. Deep down I just cannot understand how one can not see the amazing skill and deep excitement in a TT match, even when televized.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Where are the other players..?? :eek:

Wang Chuqin, Xue Fei, Liu Dingshuo,
Wang Manyu, Sun Yingsha, Miyuu Kihara, Shi Xunyao, Liu Fei..??

But it's true that it looks like more like a show than a real/serious tt competition... :confused:

Just noticed this... assuming the draft video was made possibly a day or two before posting, I wonder if the turmoil in China has something to do with this? Very strange. Was looking forward to seeing the Chinese especially.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Wow. That hurt. Do you really think TT is boring? You're just floating it here, pretty much as it's a given commonly accepted. Making that remark a loaded one.

Since I'm weird, when I think I detect such a presumption in a remark my devious mind always runs the (loaded) question "are you still hitting your wife?".

(If yes: shame on you, you are still hitting your wife! If no: shame on you, you used to be hitting your wife! That's the way loaded talk works.)

Not that I'm aggrevated or anything, this is just my cognitive dissonance kicking in. Deep down I just cannot understand how one can not see the amazing skill and deep excitement in a TT match, even when televized.

You misunderstood, I play TT for years and I really enjoy the level of technique of the pro's because I can understand it, but the average viewer cannot and they are bored very fast because they cannot understand, so T2APAC with its current rules adds more suspense to the game, with more matchplay and less ball picking time, it will certainly need some refinement though and it would be really interesting to see how it evolves in the future

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Just noticed this... assuming the draft video was made possibly a day or two before posting, I wonder if the turmoil in China has something to do with this? Very strange. Was looking forward to seeing the Chinese especially.

No, what happened the pass few days had nothing to do with CTTA only releasing a few players
The list you see is what CTTA released.
The others are still bonded to CNT schedules.
This isn't uncommon in CNT history

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Points that I like:

1. Court set-up: It's refreshing and feels so wide and not cramped. It's a good breather even for the spectators.
2. Time limit: This adds excitement and less boring "picking up the ball" moments. It keeps sustain the hype in every game.
3. Kill Zone Game rule: This adds variety and complexity to the team tournament. I personally starting to feel that this is a team tournament rather than just focusing on the individual players. Plus, more area for the coaches to showcase their tactics.
4. No deuce rules: Adds more excitement to the game and more pressure to the players. Like a buzzer beater in basketball.

I personally feel the cour setup is cramp and not as wide as a centre court.
Those umpire tables is making it more cramp too

what is nice is the camera angle, feels you are more "live" than just watching on screen

Reactions: doraemon