Table tennis rubbers for beginners with "Catapult" effect.

my coach always recommends xiom vega europe, its bouncy, quite soft and does everything you tell it to do. very good rubber which lasts a long time too.

ps: nice haikyuu picture, my favorite manga :)
I love haikyu!! too!
I read it mostly but I like the anime too.
The manga's better tho.
Thanks for the advice.
What about the vega asia?

Reactions: mikeytt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I love haikyu!! too!
I read it mostly but I like the anime too.
The manga's better tho.
Thanks for the advice.
What about the vega asia?
vega asia is a bit harder, 47.5 compared to 42.5 of vega europe. i've got no experience of vega asia so can't really comment on it. just off the hardness i'd suggest vega asia on the fh and vega europe bh :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
My favorite this past year has been DHS Gold Arc 8. It seems to fit in all of the categories. Great spin, controllable speed, and dare I say easy to play. About $33.00. Its DHS's try on the non sticky rubber, and I'm surprised it's not more popular.

Reactions: Nifster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I will not recommend a bouncy rubber to a beginner. :cool:
Years ago when I was playing at the club I would come across a newbie with T05. I always tried spinning the ball off their paddle or hitting hard enough to bounce the ball long off their paddle when I got a chance, but the big opportunity was serving spiny or fast balls and watching them flail and fail.

@lodro, the problem is that young kids don't have their minds cluttered with all the crap we do. They learn quickly if TT is what interests them. Sometimes they learn too quickly, and they are too quick and nimble.

Hopefully the old age and treachery quote applies.

[URL='https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/david-mamet-quotes' said:
David Mamet[/URL]]
Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.
Many times but not always. I know because once I was the young pup and I stuck my finger in many elder's eyes.

Reactions: Nifster
Years ago when I was playing at the club I would come across a newbie with T05. I always tried spinning the ball off their paddle or hitting hard enough to bounce the ball long off their paddle when I got a chance, but the big opportunity was serving spiny or fast balls and watching them flail and fail.

@lodro, the problem is that young kids don't have their minds cluttered with all the crap we do. They learn quickly if TT is what interests them. Sometimes they learn too quickly, and they are too quick and nimble.

Hopefully the old age and treachery quote applies.

Many times but not always. I know because once I was the young pup and I stuck my finger in many elder's eyes.
So do I try a bouncy rubber?

(edit)
I'm young (kinda)