Table tennis rubbers for beginners with "Catapult" effect.

NDH

says Spin to win!
so should I get europe or asia
If you want the best advice, you can post some game/practice footage in the "Video Safe" thread and people will be able to advise much better than they are right now (having not seen you play).

There is no such thing as a "beginner rubber with catapult".

The catapult effect is for people who can already play the shots well, and the rubber then helps them out a little more.

OR...... If you have a coach who can teach you the right way straight away.

But it comes down to what you really want.......

Do you want to have fun, hit some YouTube worthy forehands every now and then..... But ultimately struggle to improve because your rubbers are hampering your progress?

Or do you want rubbers which will sound and feel more boring, yet allow you to play expansive shots without the fear of the ball flying 100 feet off the table, and ultimately improve your overall Table Tennis game?

You mentioned wanting a rubber to give you a good "arc" - But the rubber doesn't really do that for you..... It's how good your technique is.

Most of the people I see who start with fast rubbers, don't ever generate a good arc because that requires a faster arm speed and better technique - Things you don't learn if your rubber is too quick for you when you first start out.

You can get a good arc from a slow, hard rubber, and you'll have much more margin of error as well.

If you want the best advice, you can post some game/practice footage in the "Video Safe" thread and people will be able to advise much better than they are right now (having not seen you play).

There is no such thing as a "beginner rubber with catapult".

The catapult effect is for people who can already play the shots well, and the rubber then helps them out a little more.

OR...... If you have a coach who can teach you the right way straight away.

But it comes down to what you really want.......

Do you want to have fun, hit some YouTube worthy forehands every now and then..... But ultimately struggle to improve because your rubbers are hampering your progress?

Or do you want rubbers which will sound and feel more boring, yet allow you to play expansive shots without the fear of the ball flying 100 feet off the table, and ultimately improve your overall Table Tennis game?

You mentioned wanting a rubber to give you a good "arc" - But the rubber doesn't really do that for you..... It's how good your technique is.

Most of the people I see who start with fast rubbers, don't ever generate a good arc because that requires a faster arm speed and better technique - Things you don't learn if your rubber is too quick for you when you first start out.

You can get a good arc from a slow, hard rubber, and you'll have much more margin of error as well.
I can hit a good arc but people I know have been telling me that my racket sucks and I agree ( I got a random one for like 5 dollars from a random shop so I just want something sutable. Thanks for your advice. I have seen my shots being slow with the arc cos' I have no confidence in them.

NDH

says Spin to win!
I can hit a good arc but people I know have been telling me that my racket sucks and I agree ( I got a random one for like 5 dollars from a random shop so I just want something sutable. Thanks for your advice. I have seen my shots being slow with the arc cos' I have no confidence in them.
If you have no confidence in your shots now, adding a rubber with catapult isn't going to help at all.

But, without seeing you play, it's just guesswork really.

Buy what makes you happy :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
You don't want catapult, you think you want it. You actually want the opposite so that you have control. Once you have control you get the speed by learning proper stroke mechanic. If you think you can get speed due to catapult that's true but you get uncontrolled speed. In this regard someone here suggested to me Tibhar Aurus classic version and that rubber is sweet. As I mentioned before this kind of equipment requires coaching because it's good stroke mechanic that grants you consistency.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Personally, I would advise you to buy Friendship 729 Cross. You cant go wrong with them. Dirt cheap, have a lot of control and decent kick when you add power. There were my first rubbers when I started training with coach and I can vouch for them.