Tabletennis11 lacquering

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Hi!

I've been thinking about getting some new blades from tabletennis11. Now, I've ordered from them before so I know they're. They do offer to lacquer the blades for free. The question is, does anybody have experience with ordering sealed blades from tabletennis11? Is it well done or is it better to just seal the blades myself?

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
They did my DHS Hurricane Long 3 and the quality is great, doesn't look shiny like lacquer but matte, oily, smooth. I suppose it slightly darkens the wood as to be expected. Removing rubbers for reboost is super easy and as previously mentioned glue stays on the rubber 95% of it. In fact I was planning recently to email them and ask them what they use to seal the blades as I wanted to do a throw away blade the same way so I can make rubbers quick releaseable but without the surface being lacquer shine as it can be harder to to attach boosted rubbers. I never got around it but somebody mentioned Wipe On Polyurethane being similar.

https://img1.picserver.eu/10000003916/001.jpg

This user has no status.
Great question and comments. I got a "Hurricane Long 5" from them and it was lacquered (as that is a free option from them). I was concerned because it shipped out pretty quick. I'm not a wood guy but I've got some experience as I've worked in a ply-board manufacturing plant. The time it shipped made me concerned because I didn't feel like the blade has time to dry from being lacquered. Note they could have a bunch of blades already done to fill orders which have expedited delivery. But the blade I got has started splintering... So bad that I'm about to order another one and just use the splintered one for practice and testing rubbers out.

Question: What is a good lacquer and are there any reasons I should be concerned with blade testing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I'm also playing with a pre laquered hurricane 5 long blade from tabletennis11. No problem with splintering here. You can try to contact them. Or just use a thin layer of blanc laquer to cover the damage spots.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I'm also playing with a pre laquered hurricane 5 long blade from tabletennis11. No problem with splintering here. You can try to contact them. Or just use a thin layer of blanc laquer to cover the damage spots.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

I could have hit the table with the blade. I have that happen some times. That could have started the splintering. But now, whenever I change the rubber I can see a bit of wood peeling off the blade. "Blanc lacquer", is that the brand name?