TeXtreme® Technology by STIGA!

says [IMG]
For me carbon is an old technology since butterfly came with arylate-carbon :D
Will test ZLfiber, ZLcarbon, Zephiliumxcarbon in the following weeks.

Textrem technology is basically just carbon again, I'm already disapoinded.

Lol....how can you be disappointed as you have not tried it?? The three artificial fibers you mention are also just a variant on carbon.
Hype or not, we can talk a lot about it, however it is all guessing until you have played with it. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
For me carbon is an old technology since butterfly came with arylate-carbon :D
Will test ZLfiber, ZLcarbon, Zephiliumxcarbon in the following weeks.

Textrem technology is basically just carbon again, I'm already disapoinded.
1. Tamca 5000 carbon
2. Arylate carbon alc
3. Zlf - this is zylon fiber
4. Zlcarbon
5. Zephilium carbon

6. Textreme already out?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Textreme is the trade mark of a carbon cloth made by unidirectional carbon fibers arranged as tape. The quality of carbon fibers used are the same with other carbon materials. You can go to a shop and buy some unidirectional carbon fiber, cut them as 1-2 cm wide tapes and weave a cloth as Textreme. Since the size of a TT blade is not huge, you can make it with if you have some patience and skill. I know, because I use different type of composite materials in my aeromodels. The type of the resin used and the characteristics of resin, the pressure you use while laminating the cloth, the curing temperature are much more important than the type weave.
The difficulty is weaving such a carbon cloth in industrial scale. The manufacturer of Textreme has found a solution to this problem and has been awarded with patents. On the other hand zylon, zephilium and aramid and glass fiber are not carbon. These materials may be also weaved with the processes and equipment used for Textreme carbon cloth. The resulting cloth will have the same texture of Textreme carbon cloth. Maybe in future they can make such a product and call it Textrezylon, who knows?

stigatextremeblade.JPG

The blades are looking thick.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yes Sir. I completely agree with carl here. Carbon blades although sound very tempting but if you start timing the ball and put your entire focus and effort behind it then you definitely don't need a carbon blade.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 2 reviews
Yes Sir. I completely agree with carl here. Carbon blades although sound very tempting but if you start timing the ball and put your entire focus and effort behind it then you definitely don't need a carbon blade.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

do you also think so when you see the best players in europe (many of them playing with carbon) that they have bad timing and bad focus?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
Hype and more hype. What force or impulse do you think you can apply with these new blades that can't be done with a wooden blade? If you can apply the same impulse you will get the same trajectory. I think the rubber makes a much bigger difference than the blade.

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
STIGA's new teaser for the Textreme Blades. As cited by STIGA: The two new STIGA Carbon blades will be released in the beginning of 2015.

Next friday we will release the product movie of these blades!