TeXtreme® Technology by STIGA!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 2 reviews
Finally some more and exciting news! Next friday is going to be awesomeeeeee!

look forward to this release. very excited. i think they look very nice and i hope the price is not to expensive. i think for me 120-150€ would be a normal price if you look and compare to butterflys carbonblades.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
STIGA's Carbonado 145 & 190 With TeXtreme® Technology Video!

And this is link to the website , which includes some additional info on both blades.

http://stigatabletennis.com/en/2014/12/stiga-presents-the-future-by-the-carbonado-series/

Sorry to be a curmudgeon but, all this marketing BS simply confirms for me that Stiga is marketing with empty words. One is high throw, one is low throw.

Oh my goodness, a carbon blade with high throw? No, that has never happened before. A carbon blade with low throw? That has never happened before either. This is just silly. FLEXURAL BENDABILITY???? Lets just say redundancy. It flexes. Okay. Carbon that flexes. Unique. Hahaha. TORSIONAL BENDABILITY???? It twists?????? I would really love to know how that would help in hitting a table tennis ball.

No mention of dwell time. No mention of speed. No mention of the amount of spin you can put on the ball. All that is mentioned that is remotely useful is that one blade is LOW THROW ANGLE and the other blade is HIGHER THROW ANGLE. All the other information is empty words to create confusion because you don't understand them and to create confusion in a way that seems to make some people think, "I need this! I need torsional bendability with 5 plies of wood and a higher sweet spot; no, wait, I need flexural bendability with a wider sweet spot!

What wood, what weight?

Sorry, this really just looks like a weird version of marketing. Even if the blades are good, their marketing is totally lame as far as I am concerned.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
UpSideDownCarl

You are absolutely right. They just rely on human stupidity. I also thought "WOW, THAT MUST BE AN AWESOME BLADE!! I MUST HAVE IT". But then I read your post and turned out that I don't know why I would like to have this blade. There is compeletely nothing about important aspects of table tennis equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Upsidedowncarl;

You say that the marketing is just empty words. But instead you suggest them to say speed, spin, etc. Pretty obvious you don't work with marketing...
Is there are any word in the table tennis world that is empty, its the words "speed" and "spin. I think stiga does it very well in this movie. They don't talk about what everyone else is talking about. They are exploring something completely new in table tennis.

I mean, they don't have to talk about speed and spin because the players will talk about it themselves when they try it or talk with someone who tries it.

And the thing about Flexural and Torsional. You say thats shit. I say thats brilliant! No brand has before offered different kinds of carbon with different flexability. All other carbon out there is just the same. Just different kind of carbon, But still the same.

I will definately try this one! Hope TTD's review will explain for you easy things like speed, spin tomorrow.

Reactions: docbrown
This user has no status.
UpSideDownCarl

You really sound like a amateur with your post. Just like Rocket says, I don't think the need to mention things like speed and arc. And just so you know, Spin is nothing you can talk about when it comes to blades. The spin is created by the rubber... Noob.

All the necessary facts about the blades you can find here: http://stigatabletennis.com/en/2014/12/stiga-presents-the-future-by-the-carbonado-series/

But perhaps you would like the movie to says: "Just so you know, these carbon blades comes with excellent speed". I think that is pretty obvious...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
UpSideDownCarl

You really sound like a amateur with your post. Just like Rocket says, I don't think the need to mention things like speed and arc. And just so you know, Spin is nothing you can talk about when it comes to blades. The spin is created by the rubber... Noob.

All the necessary facts about the blades you can find here: http://stigatabletennis.com/en/2014/12/stiga-presents-the-future-by-the-carbonado-series/

But perhaps you would like the movie to says: "Just so you know, these carbon blades comes with excellent speed". I think that is pretty obvious...

You guys are funny. I don't mind if you are sucked in by silly marketing and empty content. We can agree to disagree on the marketing stuff. I think it is great if you guys like it. If you buy the blades that is actually good for table tennis. So I don't really mind.

But A BLADE WITH MORE DWELL TIME CAN BE FASTER AND HAVE MORE SPIN AND CONTROL than another blade with less dwell time. The spinniest rubber on the market, put on a blade made of steel will not give you very much spin because of the lack of dwell time. A blade with a soft top ply can have good dwell time depending on the plies under it. A blade with a hard top ply and a springy ply under it can also have good dwell time. This is how a blade like the Timo Boll ZLF can have such good dwell time with a top ply of Koto which is a hard wood. The Zylon under the Koto gives the blade a lot of dwell time and therefore, the TB ZLF will be as fast as a Stiga Clipper and get more spin with the same rubbers. Also, a blade with more flex will usually have more dwell time than a stiffer blade. Usually carbon makes a blade stiffer which is part of why it makes the blade faster. Usually carbon also reduces vibrations and makes it so you get less ball feel. This is also what makes substances like Arylate and Zylon so useful. When used alone they make a blade faster with increased dwell time and you do not lose ball feel. When used with Carbon the carbon gives the added speed but the softer plastics (Zylon and Arylate) allow you to still have some of the ball feel and you keep the good dwell time.

Personally, I would love to find out that these blades are great. But so far, the information they have given is wrapped up in a bunch of graphics that look slick but don't have much to do with anything about how either blade will play. You guys don't even know if the carbon is a hard carbon or a softer carbon. If the blades have a hard surface or a soft surface. What kind of core the blade has. Most carbons, have a weave of some kind. Why would putting the weave at a 45-degree angle make the sweet spot "wider" and having the weave at 90-degrees make the sweet spot "taller"? Think about it.

How about this quote from that page: "which gives the blade more flexibility and increased stiffness" How could it be more flexible and stiffer at the same time?

What is Torsional Bendability?

I wrote my previous post after reading this page: http://stigatabletennis.com/en/2014/12/stiga-presents-the-future-by-the-carbonado-series/

On it, I see nothing of real value about why that carbon will be anything different than any other carbon.

Feel free to tell me what will be different though. I would be happy to be enlightened.

By the way, you can call me a noob or any other names you want, but it looks like I have over 2700 posts more than you and I have been on this forum since it started. And it looks like you have been here, what, 2 months? I don't need to call anyone names though.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I will repeat this over and over again if necessary. What impulse, or trajectory, do you think this blade can generate that another one can.t.
Don't give by crap about control or power. This resides totally within the player.

says [IMG]
There is no black or white guys, so no point arguing.
I understand UpSideDownCarl's point about the marketing. However, the only purpose of marketing is to drawn one's attention and not to explain a lot about the product. Hence, according to some marketing texts, I should be worldchampion by now. Regardless, Stiga did a good job, as this got hyped and talked about :)

Speed, spin, control, dwell, etc etc are all subjective. A pro-player would think my blade is way too slow, while someone else thinks my blade is a cannon.
I really enjoy the reviews made by TTD , but I can already garantuee the outcome of their review about these blades ;)

Personnally I favor comparisons. Take 2 other popular carbon blades (TB ALC & ... ) and do a proper comparison. This way it's more easy for everyone to position this blade. However, I don't think Stiga allowes this and as sponsored by Stiga, Dan would not make such review :)

BUT.....marketing did it's job for me too and I am pretty curious about these blades ! ;D

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
You guys are funny. I don't mind if you are sucked in by silly marketing and empty content. We can agree to disagree on the marketing stuff. I think it is great if you guys like it. If you buy the blades that is actually good for table tennis. So I don't really mind.

But A BLADE WITH MORE DWELL TIME CAN BE FASTER AND HAVE MORE SPIN AND CONTROL than another blade with less dwell time. The spinniest rubber on the market, put on a blade made of steel will not give you very much spin because of the lack of dwell time. A blade with a soft top ply can have good dwell time depending on the plies under it. A blade with a hard top ply and a springy ply under it can also have good dwell time. This is how a blade like the Timo Boll ZLF can have such good dwell time with a top ply of Koto which is a hard wood. The Zylon under the Koto gives the blade a lot of dwell time and therefore, the TB ZLF will be as fast as a Stiga Clipper and get more spin with the same rubbers. Also, a blade with more flex will usually have more dwell time than a stiffer blade. Usually carbon makes a blade stiffer which is part of why it makes the blade faster. Usually carbon also reduces vibrations and makes it so you get less ball feel. This is also what makes substances like Arylate and Zylon so useful. When used alone they make a blade faster with increased dwell time and you do not lose ball feel. When used with Carbon the carbon gives the added speed but the softer plastics (Zylon and Arylate) allow you to still have some of the ball feel and you keep the good dwell time.

Personally, I would love to find out that these blades are great. But so far, the information they have given is wrapped up in a bunch of graphics that look slick but don't have much to do with anything about how either blade will play. You guys don't even know if the carbon is a hard carbon or a softer carbon. If the blades have a hard surface or a soft surface. What kind of core the blade has. Most carbons, have a weave of some kind. Why would putting the weave at a 45-degree angle make the sweet spot "wider" and having the weave at 90-degrees make the sweet spot "taller"? Think about it.

How about this quote from that page: "which gives the blade more flexibility and increased stiffness" How could it be more flexible and stiffer at the same time?

What is Torsional Bendability?

I wrote my previous post after reading this page: http://stigatabletennis.com/en/2014/12/stiga-presents-the-future-by-the-carbonado-series/

On it, I see nothing of real value about why that carbon will be anything different than any other carbon.

Feel free to tell me what will be different though. I would be happy to be enlightened.

By the way, you can call me a noob or any other names you want, but it looks like I have over 2700 posts more than you and I have been on this forum since it started. And it looks like you have been here, what, 2 months? I don't need to call anyone names though.

The sweet spot gets wider when putting it in a different angle (in this case 45 degree) because of the bendability of the carbon. The thing about Textreme is that it's only bendable in one direction. Than my putting the carbon in a 45 degree angle instead of a 90 degree angle, the blade characteristic change, and the sweet spot is placed in another direction also.

Torsional bendability is the opposite of flexural bendability. Either something can be bent in a flex direction or it can be bent in a torsional direction. Thats the difference between the 190 and the 145.

I don't know why the don't say exactly what kind of carbon it is. But I think it's stigas way of doing. They rarely talk about what kinds of material they are using because of the huge amounts of fake blades from China.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The sweet spot gets wider when putting it in a different angle (in this case 45 degree) because of the bendability of the carbon. The thing about Textreme is that it's only bendable in one direction. Than my putting the carbon in a 45 degree angle instead of a 90 degree angle, the blade characteristic change, and the sweet spot is placed in another direction also.

Torsional bendability is the opposite of flexural bendability. Either something can be bent in a flex direction or it can be bent in a torsional direction. Thats the difference between the 190 and the 145.

I don't know why the don't say exactly what kind of carbon it is. But I think it's stigas way of doing. They rarely talk about what kinds of material they are using because of the huge amounts of fake blades from China.

So, from my understanding of physics, if the carbon is at a 90 degree angle and it causes the blade to have some flex in that direction and that makes the sweet spot "taller" then when those same fibers are at a 45 degree angle the flex should be at that 45 degree angle and that should make the sweet spot be at a 45 degree angle.

Also, the word torsional refers to twisting.

From the dictionary: torsion: the action of twisting or the state of being twisted, especially of one end of an object relative to the other.• Mathematics the extent to which a curve departs from being planar.

How would a rotational flexibility in a blade be possible or desirable? Or does Stiga just use that word and mean something else? I know you said Torsional is the opposite of Flexural, but--at least from the actual meaning of the words--not really.

The best I could figure if I connect the dots is that at a 45-degree angle the flex would be at a 45 degree angle. But, if the carbon only flexes in one direction why would you want a flex at a 45 degree angle that only goes one way. What would happen if you flip the racket so that the backhand side is on the FH side? Also, if it flexes at a 45 degree angle, the sweet spot should also be "tall" but on that 45-degree angle. From a technical standpoint it does not seem that a 45-degree angle on the carbon should turn the sweet spot 90-degrees. It should turn the sweet spot 45-degrees which would be weird.

I think those details are probably not what makes this stuff unique and I wonder what does or if anything really does.

Anyway, thanks for trying to answer what flexural and torsional are.

My guess is that these blades will be fairly decent carbon blades. They will be in line with the way blades like Rosewood, Ebenholz, Infinity, Emerald all feel but with Carbon. So they will probably play well.

However, I personally think Stiga is trying to create mystification around a product to hype it rather than giving the real details. To me the real details would be much more interesting.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Carbonado like Tornado, I like it.
Carbonado is not a made-up word, actually. It's an existing matter, also known as a Black Diamond - the toughest type of diamond.
So perhaps the hard, crisp feel of a black diamond coupled with the speed of a tornado? Riiight... ;-)

Anyway, interesting blades and technology, for sure. I appreciate the innovation, vision and willingness to look beyond the present even though the blades most likely won't suit me personally. Looking forward to the review of the 190 though. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Carbonado is not a made-up word, actually. It's an existing matter, also known as a Black Diamond - the toughest type of diamond.
So perhaps the hard, crisp feel of a black diamond coupled with the speed of a tornado? Riiight... ;-)

Anyway, interesting blades and technology, for sure. I appreciate the innovation, vision and willingness to look beyond the present even though the blades most likely won't suit me personally. Looking forward to the review of the 190 though. :)

Stiga are very clever. I like this idea and innovation. Thanks brab, it sounds like the perfect blend for a blade :D

says Aging is a killer
However, I personally think Stiga is trying to create mystification around a product to hype it ..........

Bingo! now you get it.
But, it's very difficult today with the existence of internet discussions to achieve that 'mystification'. But give Stiga's PR gurus for doing a good job.

For old guys like me, I remember the mystical appreciation that I had for McIntosh/Klipsch amplifiers/speakers, US muscle cars, Canon F1/Nikon F2 cameras and Stiga MarkV bats when they were first sold.
There's still a soft spot inside me for all those products. Maybe that's why I Have so many old blades and cameras. However, I still can't afford the McIntosh or muscle cars. Boo hoo........Anyone have a 1969 Mustang Boss 302 going cheap?

Count me in as one who'll definitely be trying one of the Carbonado blades.

My 'collection' includes old Stigas, Butterfly, Johnny Leach, Barna, Canon F1/A1/T50/T90, Minolta7xi/9xi/9, Yamaha Natural sound with Celestion Ditton66, Luxman turntable......and a Triumph GT6.
I bet that not many here know about these mystical products of old.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
There is no black or white guys, so no point arguing.
I understand UpSideDownCarl's point about the marketing. However, the only purpose of marketing is to drawn one's attention and not to explain a lot about the product. Hence, according to some marketing texts, I should be worldchampion by now. Regardless, Stiga did a good job, as this got hyped and talked about :)
But the hype borders on fraud. The TT companies take advantage of you guys.

Speed, spin, control, dwell, etc etc are all subjective.
No one can quantify this data with the right equipment. It is people opinions that are subjective. On another forum people debated dwell time for years but only used their opinion instead of really thinking about the limits of what dwell time could be. The real dwell time was much shorter that what people perceived.

A pro-player would think my blade is way too slow, while someone else thinks my blade is a cannon.
I really enjoy the reviews made by TTD , but I can already garantuee the outcome of their review about these blades ;)
Right but Dan is good enough to make any rubber look good. What he thinks is good may not be right for you or me or even my coach. My coach, ~2500, plays with H3 Neo commercial. To paraphrase a political statement. "Its the stroke stupid!"

Personnally I favor comparisons. Take 2 other popular carbon blades (TB ALC & ... ) and do a proper comparison. This way it's more easy for everyone to position this blade. However, I don't think Stiga allowes this and as sponsored by Stiga, Dan would not make such review :)
As long as you take someone's review and you put it in context of what your style is.

BUT.....marketing did it's job for me too and I am pretty curious about these blades ! ;D
I am not, I have an assortment of blades made for different styles. I don't need yet another looping blade. I am spending my TT allowance on coaching.

stiga said:
Carbonado 190 is constructed with Carbon layers in a 90 degree angle with flexuralbendability which gives the blade a stiff feel with great stability and high speed. The longer and flatter trajectory makes it an excellent choice for players who want to command the gameplay with high speed strokes.

The "longer" trajectory is simply the result of an impulse that can be accomplished by any similar paddle.
Humbug! I want to know what impulse i can generate with this Carbonado 190 blade that I can't in another.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajah* and Tinykin