The $1000 Table Tennis Match - New York City PingPod

NDH

says Spin to win!

NDH

says Spin to win!
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Moderator
Feb 2016
1,634
2,929
5,238
Read 3 reviews
I'm in 2 minds here.... But I appreciate a lot of my thoughts on Table Tennis are unique to me (or certainly not the popular opinion!)

I *personally* find watching amateur table tennis quite dull (and yes, that absolutely includes watching myself!)

There are rarely great rallies or shots, and more often than not the standard looks worse than it probably is.

That's just a byproduct of the sport, and how the professionals make it look so good.

So for me to tune in to something like this, I'd have to be invested in the people - Of which there are very few out there that I'd go to the efforts of watching.

For me, you are talking about the TTD team, Professionals or other big Table Tennis personalities (or even other sports people).

If you managed to get @Dan vs Roger Federer.... I'm absolutely tuning in (and rooting for Roger... Sorry, Dan!)

The format itself is great - It's modern, entertaining and new.

But I'm not sure that's enough for me to go out of my way to watch unless the *people* were entertaining.

PS - Kudos for doing the commentary in the early hours of the morning and not falling asleep!
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Moderator
Oct 2014
20,912
27,658
73,745
Read 17 reviews
Tune in live as Dan and Beast commentate the $1000 Table Tennis Match at PingPod New York!

I am not sure where to find the story behind the match - maybe Tim will explain how it came about or there is a trail on social media that I am unaware of because I don't use Facebook or Instagram much?
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
New Member
Oct 2026
1
0
0
I am not sure where to find the story behind the match - maybe Tim will explain how it came about or there is a trail on social media that I am unaware of because I don't use Facebook or Instagram much?
So I will give some context to this rivalry David is the CEO of PingPod. I also concentrate for PingPod and other table tennis brands. David frequently messages me to practice and I usually brush them off because I’m either busy or already playing….. or just subtly brushing him off. I guess he got tired of it and bet me 1K because he thought I was scared and I was like put your money where your mouth is and I screenshot it. The text and I put it on social media and with the backing of PingPod we just made it an event to spice it out more instead of just a regular 5K match. Luckily we have awesome people in a table tennis community that wanted to get in on the action and be a part of it and MC it and or commentate on it. This live stream proves that this is what the table tennis community wants. This is what the table tennis community needs just some story personality, fire, and spice just from two men’s egos, wanting to play table tennis I could go on, but happy to reply to any messages I think the event was super fun and someone went home $1000 richer. 🤣
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2511.jpeg
    IMG_2511.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Top