The BEST Long Pips from ALL Brands

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Hello Pimplers,

This time I took the challenge to find all the brands who produce long pips (56 in total), and I tried to share which, in my opinion, are the best from each brand:

I’m sure many will have different opinions, or not. But the nice thing to share the video is to get your argues although the result is totally different.

For defining the best I took in consideration: best sellers, big amount of positive reviews, my own experience playing with and against them, aspect the make them different from average. Also, there are some that are old, but at their time where rule changer.

Looking forward to your comments and experiences.

Regards.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Did you try all these? Did you make any notes about what you thought of each sheet? What about longevity?
I don’t really chop with lp, I push, block and hit. I want something that gives a good amount of wobble and reversal and also doesn’t break quickly if I hit with it. I liked dornenglanz, but the pimples are a bit too fragile for my budget 🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
I tried some of them, some other I have played against them and some others I was asking people that played with them. In general I have some ideas to share about each of them if you are interested and getting an exchange and learn from it. Longevity depends of the brand, I would say some like Victas, Dr. Neubauer, Yasaka are really durable. If I understood you well, you are locking for pips for blocking and making spin reversal, that will be lasting? Am I right?

Reactions: AchyGeorge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I tried some of them, some other I have played against them and some others I was asking people that played with them. In general I have some ideas to share about each of them if you are interested and getting an exchange and learn from it. Longevity depends of the brand, I would say some like Victas, Dr. Neubauer, Yasaka are really durable. If I understood you well, you are locking for pips for blocking and making spin reversal, that will be lasting? Am I right?
Yes blocking and spin reversal, but also hard flat hits… gives opponents an awful ball to deal with, but tend to cause the pimples to snap off quite quickly. Sponged lp or short pips ox seems to be better lasting, but much less reversal. Maybe I can’t have everything, but I certainly haven’t experimented with as many rubbers as you!
(Probably I should avoid trying any different equipment for a while)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Well, I would say that testing is the only way. As you said, If you want flat and complicate balls, pips with vertical alignment is the best. But they have much less spin reversal. At the same time, Victas has lasting and really high spin reversal, but for pushinig they are not the best. Brands as Dr. Neubauer, can be a middle point. Specially Desperado Reloaded is such a amazing rubber for pushing and reverse spin. For blocking you need the proper technic, but once you get it they are really uncomfortable for the opponent. Then, theoretically those or the Tibhar will be a good options for you. But I have to insist that testing es the best, for example I tried many of them, because I was looking for similar characteristics that you and at the end, I choose DZ because of vertical alignment. I got les spin reversal But more balls pushed and attacked. This is that I can say, but if you have specific questions I can also try to help you.

Reactions: AchyGeorge
Strange. Nobody watches this thread? Nobody received that quite controversial post, which was made by user profile Wellso, which is not available anymore? Nobody is interested why this profile and post was removed? Sunset of democracy, sunset of free speach?:unsure:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Most of the time I attack with the long pips and this causes the pips to break quickly. I tested the Dawei 388 D1 Allround Quattro, Yinhe Neptune, Yinhe Qing, Nittaku Wallest and Dawei Saviga V in green. Of all these, the one that lasted the longest was Dawei Saviga V, which lasted 2 months and was also the one that I found easiest to attack. Do you already have an idea of the durability of the Sanwei DZ?

Reactions: DiegOX
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Most of the time I attack with the long pips and this causes the pips to break quickly. I tested the Dawei 388 D1 Allround Quattro, Yinhe Neptune, Yinhe Qing, Nittaku Wallest and Dawei Saviga V in green. Of all these, the one that lasted the longest was Dawei Saviga V, which lasted 2 months and was also the one that I found easiest to attack. Do you already have an idea of the durability of the Sanwei DZ?
Well, I have it already since 2 months, training twice per week and competing once. For now the pips still in their places. I could spect it because the material they use seems, for me, less fragile that the one used by other brands.

I’m so satisfied with the result. We can be in touch for keeping updating you about the durability of the pips during the next months.

Regards.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Well, I have it already since 2 months, training twice per week and competing once. For now the pips still in their places. I could spect it because the material they use seems, for me, less fragile that the one used by other brands.

I’m so satisfied with the result. We can be in touch for keeping updating you about the durability of the pips during the next months.

Regards.
Thank you very much for your feedback. Let's keep in touch. The Sanwei DZ and Victas P1 are on my test list. But I don't know what the Victas P1 is like for attacking, I see more people talking about its good durability.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Thank you very much for your feedback. Let's keep in touch. The Sanwei DZ and Victas P1 are on my test list. But I don't know what the Victas P1 is like for attacking, I see more people talking about its good durability.
Well, both are so different. DZ have vertical alignment and Victas horizontal. The pips are so close in P1 and there is more distance in DZ. I think, although you can attack with P1, they are made for reverse spin and block, while DZ are made for attacking. In terms of durability P1 is the king. Mine was 7 years with me and I can still using it. DZ is my actual rubber and I really like that I can do with it, seems durable one.

Remember that if you want to get a little discount, you can buy SANWEI material with my affiliate link. You can find it in the description of my YT Channel or IG account, regards and keep in contact

Reactions: Filipe Morais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
One way to get more reversal spin is to skim the ball and not hit the wood at all. The most common thing is to do it with the very horizontal chop technique, or (if the flexible pips allow it) with the topspin technique. Both at high speed.
This is also right, and this is that I use to do but against strong strokes there are some pips that make it easy because of the composition. Anyway, reversal spin is not the only way to play with pips 😁

Reactions: paulispaul
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
I also have the hypothesis (not yet fully proven) that in the ox rubbers if several layers of glue are put, by creating a more flexible surface, the pips suffer less from the deformation to which they are subjected with the chop, which generates a movement at the base of the pips that join to the rubber and therefore do not come off so easily. / When they have sponge, it provides the necessary cushioning, whether it is thick or thin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
I also have the hypothesis (not yet fully proven) that in the ox rubbers if several layers of glue are put, by creating a more flexible surface, the pips suffer less from the deformation to which they are subjected with the chop, which generates a movement at the base of the pips that join to the rubber and therefore do not come off so easily. / When they have sponge, it provides the necessary cushioning, whether it is thick or thin.
Interesting theory. Sounds logic, how many layer do you use for your pips ox?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
And the rubber didn’t get wrinkled?
Not really. The other way to glue an ox rubber easily is to leave a very abundant liquid layer on the wood and another on the rubber. It can then be stretched and manipulated until it is perfect. Then a small weight is placed on it. Obviously it will take longer for the glue to dry (maybe a few hours) but it looks good and with greater elasticity between the wood and the rubber.

Reactions: DiegOX
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Not really. The other way to glue an ox rubber easily is to leave a very abundant liquid layer on the wood and another on the rubber. It can then be stretched and manipulated until it is perfect. Then a small weight is placed on it. Obviously it will take longer for the glue to dry (maybe a few hours) but it looks good and with greater elasticity between the wood and the rubber.
Thanks again for the answer. For sure I will play with it soon.

Reactions: paulispaul
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
There are some players who break pips often. I am not one. In years of LP play I have probably broken one or two-it has been so long that I cannot remember. One player on another board (OOAK) seemed to break pips all the time. It has to be a technique thing.