Votes: 74 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 57 43.5%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I don't know, it's as close to pretty impossible as you can get only because statistically speaking this will probably only ever happen once in a player's life. The circumstances are like astronomical for touch, countering of spin, placement, how it hits the net and so on. And to those of you who have done this two or more times in a lifetime it's still statistically impossible because you're probably the only people who've ever done it that many times in the world.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
It occured because the ball will travel in a parabolic curve when hit, and the table surface was level with the bottom of the ball when it reached the apex of the curve. Because of this, the ball had no vertical speed and therefore no bounce. I did this to my dad once, he just stood there mouth open, as did I.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I still think Xavier could've returned that shot. The ball rolled, it didn't bounce. All he needed to do was wait until the ball rolled off the right side.

I was wondering the same thing but I do think that there is a tiny bounce when the ball first lands. But in theory, I wonder what the rule is if it actually did not bounce at all and just rolled.