Those using/used Baracuda, how durable is/was that for you?

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I'm curious about how durable can my Blue Baracuda be. I'm expecting at least 2 months, that would be satisfactory for me.

I train two times a week at my club (2 x 2,5 hours). I usually have trainings outside my club too, they are around 2-3 hours per week. So a total of 8-10 hours of training a week. I clean it with wet wipes before and every use.

How long would it last like that?

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
If you play with it and it's ok (the sponge is not too soft) for you then it'll serve you for quite some time. I have a five years old sheet on one of the blades, it's totally ok and I played a couple of seasons with that rubber on backhand.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
If you play with it and it's ok (the sponge is not too soft) for you then it'll serve you for quite some time. I have a five years old sheet on one of the blades, it's totally ok and I played a couple of seasons with that rubber
It is soft, but that soft that it would be disturbing. I actually like the fact that I can feel the ball touching and bouncing off the blade. I use it on forehand and has very good speed, spin and control! Was a decent choice, that is for sure!

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I only put in about 6 hours a week at the moment but last year I was trying to do at least 9, and rubbers like Gewo Hype KR and Vega X did not last me longer than 3 months. I'm at around the 3 month mark on my current Baracuda and it's still holding up pretty well, definitely not quite as grabby or as crisp as a fresh sheet, but I'm not getting that annoying loss of grip and trajectory I've experienced with some newer ESN rubbers.