Tibhar EL-D...my new love!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Great! thank you for the feedback. I will use MX-S on the backhand then. I play close to the table.
Over the table != Close to table. Close to table attack I would pick MXP every day on BH. I am too weak to generate power with MXS on BH close to table.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
I would guess that MX-D is similar to Tenergy 05.
Mx-D is more like Dignics 05 that is more forgiving, but still pretty hard in terms of sponge. To properly spin with it, you have to engage the sponge and have proper arm speed doing it.

The general consensus is that the softer the sponge of the rubber is the easier it is to actually generate spin, because it becomes easier to activate it even with slower strokes. The generated spin will be higher for harder sponges if activated, which can only be done be people with proper technique.

If you really want to know if you have the technique need to topspin the ball, place yourself one meter behind the table and let somebody play a long Ball to you. Hit the ball at below table height with a maximum power topspin stroke. If it passes the net and bounces on the opportunities side of the table you are doing it wrong. If you need to lessen the power used to make the ball hit the table, then you probably don't topspin properly but rather counter the ball over (which will lack the arc to pull the ball down on the table).

Don't worry if you can not do it on 10 of 10 tries, but achieving it at all shows you, that you know how to topspin and shift your drive from drive (direct power) to loop (most power put into brushing the ball).

Mx-p has quite the catapult, so if your backhand is not very strong it would be more suited to the backhand(if you can manage 47,5,°) in terms of assisting in generating power. The MX-S is a little softer than the MX-P, but does lack most of that catapult effect which makes it better for your forehand, since one assumes that you can generate the power by yourself on the forehand due to the bigger stroke possible

I was previously playing Dignics 05 backhand and Tenergy 80 forehand. Now I changed the forehand to EL-D. I'm pretty happy with the D05 on the backhand. When I ordered the EL-D, I also ordered MX-P. I haven't opened it yet. I've never tried MX-P before. I'm not really sure what to do with it. I'm pretty happy with EL-D on FH/D05 on BH.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33