Tibhar Evolution EL-S and FX-S

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
My worry is EL-S will be too spinny, higher arc (backhand may suffer), sensitive to incoming spin from serves, not so springy, maybe suffering in power looping away from the table and so will smashes / flat hits etc?
What are your thoughts peeps?

These were my first impression - high arc in a Tenergy 05 way, but not as fun to play if you have a Spring Sponge addiction.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
People have commented that EL-S plays very linear.

Tenergy's spring sponge is pretty goofy. If you're used to it and unwilling to adapt in the slightest then you have condemned yourself to a lifetime of bending over for Butterfly's price gouging. Lots of people are very happy to do that of course, and all power to you and your overdraft.

I'd rather have something which rivals it for spin, throw, durability. If it's almost half the price and plays more linear than that's a plus for me. So I read NextLevel's first impressions and my eyes see one thing, but my brain sees "EL-S is better than Tenergy because it's less springy". :D (tongue firmly in cheek here, obvs)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
People have commented that EL-S plays very linear.

Tenergy's spring sponge is pretty goofy. If you're used to it and unwilling to adapt in the slightest then you have condemned yourself to a lifetime of bending over for Butterfly's price gouging. Lots of people are very happy to do that of course, and all power to you and your overdraft.

I'd rather have something which rivals it for spin, throw, durability. If it's almost half the price and plays more linear than that's a plus for me. So I read NextLevel's first impressions and my eyes see one thing, but my brain sees "EL-S is better than Tenergy because it's less springy". :D (tongue firmly in cheek here, obvs)

Yes. I don't think Butterfly is price gouging but that is just me. The thing is that Tenergy 05 is clearly faster, especially in the lower gears. The spin is also easier, and it depends on whether you like or need this or not. I think if this rubber had come out a year ago, it would have been great for me. Right now, ease of strokes with this new plastic ball that rips apart shoulders is a major concern.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Thanks for the TTmode discount tip! Had to order both EL-S/fh and FX-S/bh into a Yasaka ALL blade to try them :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
This is getting fun...just got an e'mail from TTmode as I guess their other customers too that today they have to disable their special weekly offer for new Evolution and maybe all Evo rubbers. The reason was some kind of suppliers marketing policy. It made me think guys if this was not the beginning of some kind of BTY strategy, lol! :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Booster isn't everything but I might try it sometime. I Will do some testing and post video today. The arc is beautiful. I haven't practiced third ball with it yet.
I just speculated how it would play with a SpringSponge like effect. But I'm sure that it's fast enough.

This user has no status.
This is getting fun...just got an e'mail from TTmode as I guess their other customers too that today they have to disable their special weekly offer for new Evolution and maybe all Evo rubbers. The reason was some kind of suppliers marketing policy. It made me think guys if this was not the beginning of some kind of BTY strategy, lol! :D

Can anybody else confirm this? No more -20% sales on the Evolutions? Having a Butterfly-esque marketing policy would suck donkey d*ck to be honest ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Tenergy users are not going to like this though it might play better with more booster. Just too slow. I can see it on my forehand though I might get injured if I go for pace. Not on my backhand as the stroke requirements are too large to justify unless I am all about consistency and placement.

So it's like baracuda?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So it's like baracuda?

Nah. The sponge is different. Also the grip of EL-S so far is massive. Vs. Tenergy 05, the control is better if the catapult of T05 throws you off. EL-S is almost like a boosted Sriver, as one guy put it. The spin is ridiculous when you loop properly - I get the same effect I get when I loop with Tenergy 05 and my spin is so much when the ball comes back that I am sometimes almost lost on what to do with the ball. But on smaller strokes or passive strokes, the behavior is very different as the Spring sponge feels and acts differently.

I think it is an excellent rubber. I just think that comparing it too much to Tenergy 05 misses the point. I will try to get some video tonight.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So, it's don't have a springy catapult effect, but it's topspeed is equal or nearly equal to T05 (shot with big stroke)?

Speed not sure - more work to be done there. The top end slow spin is definitely comparable. In fact, controlled looping is probably the biggest strength of the rubber. IF you can sustain the top end looping speed, and I don't think it is too hard to do so with good technique, you will be extremely consistent and delivering extremely spinny balls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Adventurous conclusion.

Next level has reasons to think that tenergy 05 is superior to EL-S, that is one thing.

But EL-S is way ahead of Baracuda in spin and ease of play, and I do think Baracuda is an excellent rubber. But the power of EL-S it has not.

I have reasons to believe that a Tenergy 05 user will not like it because they will often need larger strokes than they are used to. IF they don't mind this, they might find something they like. But the rubber should be considered in its own right. The sponge effect is different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
I've ordered MX-P instead. Played more with it tonight and it feels unbelievably similar to Tenergy 64. Better pushing, chopping, slightly more control on looping shots, good grippy top sheet, i feel like I can slow down the ball unlike Tenergy where it always leaves with identical speed and this was 6 months old MX-P without boosters Once I boost it, the sponge will soften a bit 1 deg or so. Shame I had to wait all this time for the EL-S to come out when I could have been practicing with the MX-P already. Guess how i knew this rubber won't be as good as people would have wanted it to be.......
Simple, I checked the reviews on the 2016 released Samba 27/19, TSP Regalis Blue/Red Stiga Genesis-Mantra, none of these rubbers had high opinions or were considered a fresh breath of air. Plus I doubt Tibhar will want to replace their flagship MX-P after every review is comparing it to best alternative for Tenergy.
Thanks for all your feedback and especially the German forum, even if I had to read it with Google Translate, it saved me some money.

p.s I'm sure EL-S is great and it will suit certain players

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Could you please compare hardness between fxp and fxs.

What is difference in throw, speed, spin, pasive block between els and fx-s and tenergy 05.*
Which is more suitable for game very near the table?( ten 05 or fxs or els)
Thanks