Tibhar FX-D or Andro C48?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
At least for myself though, I find that it is easier to open the point and use less effort in countertopspin and defensive strokes like blocking with a softer rubber, whereas I feel like harder rubbers allow me to push more controllably and are easier for me to serve with, as well as feeling better when I get a really good aggressive shot in. Ultimately which one you end up playing with is up to you- personally there are tons of rubbers I have tried which I feel comfortable playing with and they all do different things more and less well, the ones I'm using (G-1 and Baracuda) do not give me the best performance hands down, but they are just a bit more long-lasting and still give me more than enough for what I feel like I need.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I'm trying to decide which rubber (FX-D or C48)would be better for a 1200-1300 level offensive player who likes to power loop and (is trying to create) spinny serves. Which rubber do you think is better, or do you have another rubber in mind?
Just for the technical side, FX-D is a "standard" Tensor rubber whereas Rasanter C 48 is a slightly sticky "Hybrid" type rubber.

You would very possibly find FX-D easier to play and more predictable. C48 excels in counterspin and because of its surface can also create spinnier shots - that is if you can. The downside for most players is that hybrid rubbers need to be played actively to really shine, that demands for a good position, ball contact point and stroke.

I have no idea how your rating translates to ours over here, but other comments seem to indicate that you are reaching a bit high with these rubbers, no matter which.

Take a look at HeXer Grip from andro, that is a nicely controllable rubber with still enough power to not let you down.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
which one is that?
Not sure, I haven't tried either of them. Another way to look at it is the sponge hardness. FX-D is 43-45 deg whereas C48 is 48 deg. The transition would be easier if the sponge hardness is similar to what they are already using.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
which one is that?
The final speed is depending on your stroke, but it´s quite impractical to care about it in this case.
The FX-D has more catapult, therefore it´s bouncier and will feel faster on your "normal" strokes. C48 is harder to activate and feel slower on most shots. But because of its hybrid nature, if it has to be one of these two go for the FX-D.
If you want to do yourself a favour, go for Hexer Grip first ;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews
The final speed is depending on your stroke, but it´s quite impractical to care about it in this case.
The FX-D has more catapult, therefore it´s bouncier and will feel faster on your "normal" strokes. C48 is harder to activate and feel slower on most shots. But because of its hybrid nature, if it has to be one of these two go for the FX-D.
If you want to do yourself a favour, go for Hexer Grip first ;-)
Ok, let's start with which blade should I use? I have the Stiga Energy Wood V2, Tibhar Samsonov Alpha, Andro Gauzy BL7. Which would you prefer, and with what rubber? Andro Gauzy BL7 with Andro HexerGrip? And what sponge thickness?

Jan 2023
Ok, let's start with which blade should I use? I have the Stiga Energy Wood V2, Tibhar Samsonov Alpha, Andro Gauzy BL7. Which would you prefer, and with what rubber? Andro Gauzy BL7 with Andro HexerGrip? And what sponge thickness?
Have you played with them before? What is your current setup?
I'd imagine based on their structures and typical weights, in terms of speed, Gauzy BL7 > Energy Wood V2 > Samsonov Alpha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews
Have you played with them before? What is your current setup?
I'd imagine based on their structures and typical weights, in terms of speed, Gauzy BL7 > Energy Wood V2 > Samsonov Alpha
My current setup??? I have table tennis bipolar condition. I switch between Stiga Cybershape Wood w/Nittaku C1 (fh) Stiga Platinum Pro Soft (bh), Tibhar Fortino Performance w/ FX-D both sides, Andro BL7 w/ C48 (fh) Rasanter R45 (bh), Tibhar Alpha w/ K1 (fh) Evolution FX-S (bh)
I keep trying the different paddles. I'm trying to see which feels best. I can't decide.
I need to find 1 combo and STICK WITH IT!!!

Jan 2023
My current setup??? I have table tennis bipolar condition. I switch between Stiga Cybershape Wood w/Nittaku C1 (fh) Stiga Platinum Pro Soft (bh), Tibhar Fortino Performance w/ FX-D both sides, Andro BL7 w/ C48 (fh) Rasanter R45 (bh), Tibhar Alpha w/ K1 (fh) Evolution FX-S (bh)
I keep trying the different paddles. I'm trying to see which feels best. I can't decide.
I need to find 1 combo and STICK WITH IT!!!
Well as I said earlier, use the slowest one (probably the Samsonov Alpha, or Cybershape Wood). All these should be fast enough for 1200-1300 (should be fine up to 1500-1600). Then you can spend money on coaching instead :)

If you can't resist your EJ inch, get some 50 dollar Yinhe/Palio combo on aliexpress. You are likely to find that does not affect your match performance much.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Well as I said earlier, use the slowest one (probably the Samsonov Alpha, or Cybershape Wood).
Of all blades mentioned, I know the Samsonov Alpha best.
It is a really good blade and one of the few that, depending on rubbers, can be your travel companion on the road to improvement ;-)

@FrenchFrog33
Take your Samsonov alpha and get rid of the K1 Hybrid rubber, but keep your FX-S.
Then take the correspondingly coloured FX-D from your Fortino and place it on the Alpha.
Find out which one you like better on FH and BH. Then stick to it.
If the rubbers wear off and you think you have practiced enough to want more power, take your R45 on your stronger side and if colours match pair with the other FX-D you still have left.

If all your rubbers are still fairly good you can use the first setup for 3 or 4 months and the second also with no need to spend any money.

Come Christmas, ask again what you should treat yourself with. ;-)

And, have fun practicing. You will improve.