Timo Boll Takes On Robot!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Timo Boll in an interview about his match against the robot.

Well, I don't really have any idea what it can do. But, it will be fun to see what it can do. If it can return several balls from Timo Boll when he is not trying to hit it where the robot can't get it, that is still pretty impressive in my opinion. In fact, just the fact that it could do what they showed it do with the ball in the video is pretty impressive.

Haha yes! Talk about putting us in suspense! I have a strange feeling this robot is going to be very good.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I found this. It is not the same robot as the one Timo will face, but, it is pretty cool.

If the one Timo is facing is the fastest robot to date, it could be pretty interesting and fun to watch Timo Boll hitting with it.

I, for one, am looking foreword to seeing it.

Reactions: Rhydian and agold
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
Izrezak.jpg

I can't waite :D

Reactions: Dan

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

Sep 2012
Here's a copy/paste of a post from reddit:

"What I wanted to see: the state of the art in robotics. How the machine served, reacted, reaction times, handled spin and other variables. How did each robotic degree of motion interact to get the paddle where it needed to be.
What I did not need/care to see: multiple camera angles, dramatic score changes with debris, close up of ball, close up of human player, split second flash of robot before determination shot of human player. Slow motion close up of ball...slow motion score change. Well pretty much this whole commercial.
In a word, how fast and how accurate was the robot? If I want drama I can watch shahs of sunset. (hint I do not watch shahs of sunset, the wife does and I have to leave the room when this happens)"

(what follows is a bunch of swear words)

the entire thread is here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/robotics/comments/2035nu/timo_boll_vs_kuka_discussion_thread/

Also:

7iB5lix1.png

ouch

Last edited:
Reactions: agold and Alborz
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Here's a copy/paste of a post from reddit:

"What I wanted to see: the state of the art in robotics. How the machine served, reacted, reaction times, handled spin and other variables. How did each robotic degree of motion interact to get the paddle where it needed to be.
What I did not need/care to see: multiple camera angles, dramatic score changes with debris, close up of ball, close up of human player, split second flash of robot before determination shot of human player. Slow motion close up of ball...slow motion score change. Well pretty much this whole commercial.
In a word, how fast and how accurate was the robot? If I want drama I can watch shahs of sunset. (hint I do not watch shahs of sunset, the wife does and I have to leave the room when this happens)"

(what follows is a bunch of swear words)

the entire thread is here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/robotics/comments/2035nu/timo_boll_vs_kuka_discussion_thread/

Also:

7iB5lix1.png

ouch
Hahaha, nice post M51.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Some say the garage robot video is fake too. Probably Timo is too good for the robot at the moment and could easily win 11:0 if he vary his spin. A real live match could be boring and an insult to robotic hence the act. Could be better playing some newbie but definitely not the former number 1.

M51

M51

Sep 2012
Remember this video is made to promote KUKA, not to show a human vs machine match.
That's the problem, it was pre-hyped as a "human vs machine match". Had we known that it was to be a plain bloody commercial all a long, no one would give two shits.

Speaking of shits:
Untitled.jpg

Daily mail in charge of editing...

Last edited:
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Timo Boll in an interview about his match against the robot.