Top 10 most popular players on Facebook

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Top 10 most popular Men's table tennis players on Facebook :

1. Doubtless, Timo Boll is the most popular on facebook with 83,934 likes
2. Dimitrij Ovtcharov created his account a year ago aprox. and already has 16,473 likes
3. Michael Maze, 2009 European champion, has 12,343 likes.
4. Paul Drinkhall gets this place with 8,614 likes
5. Marcos Freitas is the most popular among Portuguese players with 6,199 likes
6. Adrien Mattenet also has his fan page with 5,219 likes
7. In this place another portuguese appears, Joao Monteiro with 3,502 likes
8. Tiago Apolonia appeared in the 8th spot with 3,302 likes
9. Quentin Robinot of France has become very popular after their amazing points and has added 2,330 likes on his account.
10. Christian Süss of Germany is in the 10th place of the list with 2,262 likes on his facebook page.

Source: TableTennisTa

I'm wondering why they is no Chinese players in the list. Probably because the internet restriction in China. Timo Boll has 5 times more likes than Dimitrij Ovtcharov and is the most popular ( as i expect ) player in Facebook.

Reactions: abbass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
You're right in saying it's to do with Internet Restriction in China. Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are amongst a large number of blocked sites in China. Often dubbed 'The Great Firewall of China'
Correct, and if they are on those sites, it is because they use proxy servers, which is becoming more and more common now. So it won't effect like numbers, but will effect stats like countries etc. There is even talks of removing this Great Firewall of China.

Some of the top Chinese players have millions of followers on weibo.
Yes, but we all know how TT value is in China and how unite Chinese can become, so lets leave China out of this equation.
The rest of the world doesn't seem interested in table tennis. Is table tennis value really so low? Does our super stars really worth so little (meaning they are really bad in marketing)?

TTD has almost 30k likes on FB, TTM has around 165k (double Timo Boll). Even my FB page is close to 1.5k likes and closing on to number 10......
The above numbers really are too low.
I wonder if it is got to do with the non English (major language) of certain FB pages, or very little updates, or what?

I feel it is crucial that TT members help Like, share, comment on social media, so 1 + 1 becomes 1000 possiblity