Truls Moregard's Serve

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
Is anyone using Moregard's services? They look so much simpler than most of the rest players. To me it looks like he is doing hook/shovel serves or am i mistaken? His grip is sometimes normal and sometimes the forefinger goes to the middle of the racquet. What kind of deception is he using? Hits the ball on different part of the blade? Just looks so simple and not much variation and yet he is doing pretty well.

This user has no status.
What do you mean - he has all 3 types of serves from the same position- FH pendulum, heavy under/no spin, and hook serve. With these 3 types of serves you can serve all types of spin to every placements possible. I wouldn't say his serves are simple....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Is anyone using Moregard's services? They look so much simpler than most of the rest players. To me it looks like he is doing hook/shovel serves or am i mistaken? His grip is sometimes normal and sometimes the forefinger goes to the middle of the racquet. What kind of deception is he using? Hits the ball on different part of the blade? Just looks so simple and not much variation and yet he is doing pretty well.
hook serve is a good serve to use.
no spin and underspin variation is more difficult to spot - by hitting on different part of the ball and rubber

it is indeed very simple, and gets the job done.
however still needs lots of practice