TT-Training FUN-Video - Marcos Freitas feeling exercices, "magic tricks", giant bat

This user has no status.
TT-Training FUN-Video - Marcos Freitas feeling exercices, "magic tricks", giant bat

hey @all,

i made a fun-video with some exercises of marcos freitas like playing the ball against the edge of the table or the backspin catcher. and i played a giant bat and tried to beat the machine :D

and some cool new slow-motions with new settings of my cam, now with 50fps. much smoother and cooler :D

have fun!

for the sake of completeness here is the video of marco freitas which inspired me to try it myself:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
The boy has got skillz. You did the ball bounce off the table with a BACKHAND for a little while. I would look like a complete fool trying to do that!

You stole my thunder on the FH one too, since it looks like you went a second or two longer than I did. And probably a faster pace, too.

Now if I just had your strokes...

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
hey @all,

i made a fun-video with some exercises of marcos freitas like playing the ball against the edge of the table or the backspin catcher. and i played a giant bat and tried to beat the machine :D

and some cool new slow-motions with new settings of my cam, now with 50fps. much smoother and cooler :D

have fun!

for the sake of completeness here is the video of marco freitas which inspired me to try it myself:

Hahahahaha. I love it. That is awesome. So good. That backspin catcher and controlling the ball on the edge of the table are soooo hard. But the funniest part is that GIANT RACKET!!!!!! Where did you find that. I have a friend who would love that! Hahahahaha.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

This user has no status.
The boy has got skillz. You did the ball bounce off the table with a BACKHAND for a little while. I would look like a complete fool trying to do that!

You stole my thunder on the FH one too, since it looks like you went a second or two longer than I did. And probably a faster pace, too.

Now if I just had your strokes...

hey schemeSC,
you did it really exactly like me, funny thing and very good! now i read on another thread (miracle ...) that you even did it a little bit longer, i see our next contest is coming :)
and i thought that it is not a big difference between fore- and backhand. i only tried this on that day the first time and not so long, so maybe i try it again more extensive.

UpSideDownCarl said:
Hahahahaha. I love it. That is awesome. So good. That backspin catcher and controlling the ball on the edge of the table are soooo hard. But the funniest part is that GIANT RACKET!!!!!! Where did you find that. I have a friend who would love that! Hahahahaha.

thanks carl! by reading that i could feel how you laughed on my video , cool :D i find that gigantomanic racket in my club. i will ask someone there where you could get it (or maybe google helps with that?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
yeah, very good, looking forward to that :) and clothing is not important, look at my mega sunglasses when i do the "magic trick" hahahha, so freaky :cool::D

Yeah, but wife-beater and underwear is not what I want people to see me wearing on a planned video;). I should get something tonight though.

This user has no status.
As promised. I want to kill the robot too but my shoulder needs to get better! And of course, no editing, as is my lazy talent :p.

no problem, we have time to kill the robot after testing our feeling :)

and a good try, too, NextLevel! the longest one could be the rallye at 1min7sec. for nearly 17seconds. i think it´s good for first-timers like us :) and cool to see how you motivated yourself short before the longest run, like that!

may be a little advise: you were very fast in continuing to your next try. i think it´s better to wait a little and concentrate on what you want to do, like the short time before you make a service in a match to think about what comes up next. the rest is due to practicing time. you are not untalented! ;) and you are brave, some in my club didn´t even want to try because of fear to make failure... :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hey NL, that was pretty good. Way more than i can do. I've got a bad cold at the moment, but i'll try to catch up with you guys asap.

@Marc that giant racket blew it... Made me laugh so hard... :D
It's quite impressive how you do that backspincatcher. I find it more difficult with t05 than with a tacky h3. I'll try to post a vid where i do it with both sides of my racket as soon as i recover.
But that might just be my personal preference...

Reactions: slimjimmii
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
As promised. I want to kill the robot too but my shoulder needs to get better! And of course, no editing, as is my lazy talent :p.

Nice work, NL. I counted 77 bounces and over 20 seconds starting at around 2:21.

Maybe I could start a contest to see who can get the most bounces between now and Christmas time, and give away a sheet of rubber or a gift certificate to the winner. Not sure if I'm allowed to do that through the forums or not, though...

This user has no status.
Hey NL, that was pretty good. Way more than i can do. I've got a bad cold at the moment, but i'll try to catch up with you guys asap.

@Marc that giant racket blew it... Made me laugh so hard... :D
It's quite impressive how you do that backspincatcher. I find it more difficult with t05 than with a tacky h3. I'll try to post a vid where i do it with both sides of my racket as soon as i recover.
But that might just be my personal preference...

did you ever tried to play the ball against the edge of the table or is it new for you?

very good, laughing is healthy!
at first i thought nearly the same. i was convinced that it is more difficult with a tenergy but now i have to say that it is a matter of technique and timing. just move the arm as fast as the rotation and with minimal contact and it works. the sound it makes is characteristic like the sound when a ball slides off the rubber. but it will be interesting to at which angle your different rubbers make this sound and the backspin catcher possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I luv that sound... :D
You're totally right, the timing is different. I must admit, i've tried the edge bouncer when i saw the video the first time, but i never practiced that in the club, just at home with table edges, mirrors, etc. I tried this in the club after seeing you guys do it so easily...
I always thought, i've got that what people call: Händchen...
But after seeing you guys, i must reconsider. Looks like i've got the fine touch of a lumber jack, a wood chopper, or a steel hammer.
But i keep tryin'. You guys are motivating. ;)
Still i find the backspincatcher easier....

Reactions: slimjimmii
This user has no status.
I luv that sound... :D
You're totally right, the timing is different. I must admit, i've tried the edge bouncer when i saw the video the first time, but i never practiced that in the club, just at home with table edges, mirrors, etc. I tried this in the club after seeing you guys do it so easily...
I always thought, i've got that what people call: Händchen...
But after seeing you guys, i must reconsider. Looks like i've got the fine touch of a lumber jack, a wood chopper, or a steel hammer.
But i keep tryin'. You guys are motivating. ;)
Still i find the backspincatcher easier....

hahah, fine touch of lumberjack :D may be you need a little bit more time, but when you have händchen you will be able to do that. and when you think that the backspincatcher is easier and you can do this, you really have a händchen, for me it is the harder exercise.

keep on trying! repetition is all :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
As SchemeSC said, it is more of a resonance thing. A bouncy TT Ball will help the best so use a seamless or a G40+ so that once you get the ball in resonance, only mild grip pressure adjustments need to be made to keep the bouncing going. IT's more like bouncing a ball at a low height above paddle than actually hitting the ball into the side of the table.

Reactions: SchemeSC and Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The truth is, I practiced the bounce one with a wall and at first it was awkward and then something clicked and I can do it with the wall. If I get it started on the edge of the table I am okay for a bit. But getting it started is hard on the edge. For me, with the wall, I seem to make the first hit a bit too hard.

I am practicing it while I am practicing the Reverse Pendulum without the table and the two go well because the bounce exercise helps the touch on the serve.

My Reverse Pendulum is now very consistent. However, I feel, for it to be useful I need about 1/3 more spin. The spin is 2x more than it was about two weeks ago when I started. But still enough less than my Hook and Pendulum that it needs more speed from the wrist and depth of brush contact.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Last edited: