Upcoming Joola rubbers

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Dynaryz.png

Tronix.png

Joola is releasing five new rubbers (sometime this year). Dynaryz Inferno seems to have their latest "Kinetic tension surface" technology, and has a maximum speed rating. Seems to be an update/upgrade of the Dynaryz ACC/AGR. Dynaryz ZGX seems to be an update/upgrade of Dynaryz ZGR.

Three new rubbers are included in Joola's new Tronix series. Based on their prices, the Tronixes are likely to be replacing the Rhyzens as the mid-tier product lines. The Tronix ACC and CMD have the giga-cell sponge (versus the hyber bounce sponge of Dynaryz Inferno and ZGX); to me it implies that the Tronixes are slightly softer. The Tronix ZGR is probably an update/upgrade of Rhyzen ZGR, and it has the balance sponge instead of the giga-cell sponge. It is interesting to see that the Tronix ZGR has a higher spin rating than the Dynaryz ZGX, although, how much can you trust manufacturer ratings?

One key information missing is of course, which of them will come with new colours? For that we can go to the ITTF website:
joola-ittf.png

So it seems that Joola have decided that their top-tier rubbers will get purple, their mid-tier rubbers will get blue, and their tacky rubbers will get nothing :( It is intriguing to see that Rhyzen ZGX is registered with the ITTF before any of the Tronix, but it is not included in the latest booklet. Maybe Joola has a change of plan.

Reactions: mocker88 and JeffM
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Yes, very persuasive device to fool boobies.
A cow can't cease giving milk. The milk original formula is a permanent solution to stay forever., yet still they contended it is a super-duper milk far better than ever before. Yes, it is a clever trap to entice money out of milk addicts. 🤣

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
It is getting a bit annoying that every tt company suddenly is releasing 3-5 rubbers a year... Is this just a way to jack up prices? I played some of those new shiny rubbers and I do really struggle to see differences with older products sometimes. 3 years ago 50€ was expensive for me, most rubbers I was interested in were 40€ and now this happens...

• Sad
Reactions: JeffM
Jan 2023
It is getting a bit annoying that every tt company suddenly is releasing 3-5 rubbers a year... Is this just a way to jack up prices? I played some of those new shiny rubbers and I do really struggle to see differences with older products sometimes. 3 years ago 50€ was expensive for me, most rubbers I was interested in were 40€ and now this happens...
These are catalogue prices. I expect the actual price to be lower.
For example, the catalogue price of Stiga DNA Platinum are 70 Euros. They are 58 Euros on TT11 without any volume discount. 60 Euro seems to be the ceiling of top-tier ESN rubbers at the moment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I wish they would add the sponge hardness to their info. I know overall feel can be different because of the topsheet but at least I know in what range I need to look.
Dynaryz Inferno is 50º ESN scale
Dynaryz ZGX is 52,5º ESN scale

Don't know the other models.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews
Oh no. Not more rubbers. Its impossible for me to understand. So the old Dynaryz is no longer Joola flagship?

If this ZGX is supposed to be upgraded ZGR, they should just call it ZGR gen 2 and replace the old one.
Going by the price of Joola rubbers, Dynaryz is still the flagship. I guess that Tronix will fill in some gap in their rubber line?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Despite all the new rubbers, I still feel that G-1, C-1, EL-S, FX-P, and the Rakza series play just fine. I think $40 and change for a new rubber is good enough for me. I have not had the urge to go for the $55-65 range of new rubbers (Xiom Omega VII Tour, Stiga DNA Platinum XH, H3 with blue sponge, Donic BlueStar A1, etc.).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
ESN rubber price has been on the increase for the past 2 years.
i'm talking about cost price, same model.

of course, it is difficult to hide and I do believe new models with highest cost to replace older model at increase cost is indeed a pricing strategy, and it may just perceive the consumer is getting something newer more expensive.
but since, if you buy the old one, the old one will cost the same as the new one, sadly.

This is what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket (ESN)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
These are catalogue prices. I expect the actual price to be lower.
For example, the catalogue price of Stiga DNA Platinum are 70 Euros. They are 58 Euros on TT11 without any volume discount. 60 Euro seems to be the ceiling of top-tier ESN rubbers at the moment.

TT brand pricing strategy will be on "new goods".
DNA Platinum has a price increase.
TT11 could have ample stock and would sell at the "old cost" for a lot longer than say me or any one else.

To tackle rising costs, brands also allow drop shipment (order directly from ESN, but pay Stiga for example), and Stiga does not see the stock, but a pure drop shipment and make profit off it. This will reduce overheads and companies like TT11 have the volume.

no matter what model, the biggest TT retailer will get stronger and smaller ones will suffer.
All this, because, cost increase and profit is decreasing allround.

The cost price from drop shipment is VERY BIG, but lots of catch to it (other than volume, there is also a manufacturing schedule)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Despite all the new rubbers, I still feel that G-1, C-1, EL-S, FX-P, and the Rakza series play just fine. I think $40 and change for a new rubber is good enough for me. I have not had the urge to go for the $55-65 range of new rubbers (Xiom Omega VII Tour, Stiga DNA Platinum XH, H3 with blue sponge, Donic BlueStar A1, etc.).
You are right.

Here is a recent donation of used rubbers I received for distribution to the underprivileged projects I am involved in.

Donor is a professional junior girls team (trains 2 sessions a day, 6 days a week), with many of the players winning WTT Youth Contender series around the world.

Guess what they used.... majority is $40 segment of rubbers.

Level wise, I would say the top player is around USATT2400~2500 level and the lowest is still easily 2200+
There is no need for using expensive equipment, unless you are sponsored and get them for free

1686227840183.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
You are right.

Here is a recent donation of used rubbers I received for distribution to the underprivileged projects I am involved in.

Donor is a professional junior girls team (trains 2 sessions a day, 6 days a week), with many of the players winning WTT Youth Contender series around the world.

Guess what they used.... majority is $40 segment of rubbers.

Level wise, I would say the top player is around USATT2400~2500 level and the lowest is still easily 2200+
There is no need for using expensive equipment, unless you are sponsored and get them for free

View attachment 25546
Agree. Recently I have been going from the G-1, C-1 series to Revolution and Rakza. They are all ESN's. Adapting different rubbers on my backhand has been pretty busy. It also helps that I play 5 days a week so I can adapt pretty quickly. I highly doubt the $55-$65 range "newest" rubbers will confer additional advantage. Let me work through my backlogs of ESN rubbers in my stock before even considering those "newest" rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews
✅ Tronix CMD - 43°
Perfect for a table game, including counterattack. Giga-Cell foam provides an excellent catapult effect, while the upper surface allows for varied effects and to play well-controlled spin tops. This results in superb sensations, excellent tops spin rotations and quick counter attacks.

✅ Tronix ACC - 47,5°
An exceptional medium-hard coating with a soft surface to generate heavy rotation, and a wide-pored Giga-Cell sponge for perfect balance with a catapult effect. The Tronix ACC is a dynamic casing that will bring out the best in your topspins game!

✅ Tronix ZGR - 56°
Bring effect and power to your game with optimal precision! The Tronix ZGR combines an extremely clingy Hyper Traction surface with a firm and unshakable sponge, perfect for players who prefer maximum ball rotation and a powerful direct transfer of energy into their offensive play, while offering constant control against adverse attacks.

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
✅ Tronix CMD - 43°
Perfect for a table game, including counterattack. Giga-Cell foam provides an excellent catapult effect, while the upper surface allows for varied effects and to play well-controlled spin tops. This results in superb sensations, excellent tops spin rotations and quick counter attacks.

✅ Tronix ACC - 47,5°
An exceptional medium-hard coating with a soft surface to generate heavy rotation, and a wide-pored Giga-Cell sponge for perfect balance with a catapult effect. The Tronix ACC is a dynamic casing that will bring out the best in your topspins game!

✅ Tronix ZGR - 56°
Bring effect and power to your game with optimal precision! The Tronix ZGR combines an extremely clingy Hyper Traction surface with a firm and unshakable sponge, perfect for players who prefer maximum ball rotation and a powerful direct transfer of energy into their offensive play, while offering constant control against adverse attacks.
So is Tronix a cheaper and inferior series to Dynaryz?

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Anyone know which of these is supposed to be their version of K3?
Who knows. Contra.de describes the same rubber as:

TRONIX ZGR - the TRONIX Series

Combine spin and power with optimal precision!

The TRONIX ZGR combines an extremely grippy Hyper Traction Hyper Traction upper rubber with a firm and unwavering sponge.

Perfect for players who for an offensive game with maximum ball rotation and powerful, direct energy transfer and at the same time want a constant level of control control against incoming attacks.

Notice that "clingy" became "grippy".

I guess it is too much to ask Joola marketing to just say "tacky" ...

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I've been searching the internet for reviews of the tronix zgr and for some reason found ZERO. I wanna know how it compares to Stiga DragonGrip. Or even to it's own relative the Rhyzen ZGR.

Has anyone ever bought that rubber?