Stiga Infinity VPS upgrade path

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hey.
I'm looking around for my next blade and rubbers. The one I'm using now is a Stiga Infinity VPS blade with Joola Rhyzm-Tech 2.1 FH and Rhyzm 2.1 Backhand.
Iv mostly been liking it but feel its a bit too slow.
Tragically a couple weeks ago during a short ball attempted save the edge and the blade hit the corner of the table and the bottom of the blade delaminated a good cm up the blade...
So now I'm looking for a replacement. The club I play in mostly only use their old blades except for 2 using Joola Trinity and Freeze, which are out of my wallets reach :p so not many blades for me to test... So then I turn to the forum oracles :)
What Im looking for is something similar feeling to the Infinity VPS, but a bit quicker. I like the feel and feedback from the Infinity VPS, and f.ex the freeze felt a bit too stiff? Also tried a Joola Wing Carbon but that felt WAY to stiff...
What I'm leaning towards now is Cybershape Carbon with Mantra Pro M and H rubbers? Which as I understand has a similar flex to the VPS??? At least according to revspin :p
Any other blades I should be looking at? I'm looking at a budget around 300-350 including rubbers.
Tnx for any tips
Best regards
Espen

This user has no status.
1702891638417.png

Want to try FALCIMA, it's a pure wood version of VIS as long as you don't stray too far from the tee too often

Reactions: Esp3nB
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Clearly It's Viscaria, I mean that's what Fan Zhendong went from. Stiga Infinity VPS to Viscaria.

But in all honesty, anything with carbon is gonna be an upgrade from the Stiga Infinity VPS.
I think the innerforce alc.s has a limba-spruce-alc-ayous composition. Which is just the Infinity + ALC.
Just one of the innerforces.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
If you want to stay with a 5-ply allwood blade, then take a look at the Vodak Rebel OFF (https://vodak-dreva.cz/en/off/168-2...30-handle-straight/35-kind_of_wood-whole_wood). It's a similar composition to the Infinity (Limba outer ply, with Pine/Spruce medial ply), but it's thicker and has a bit more 'oomph' behind it.

I know Vodak isn't a brand that everyone knows but, in my opinion, there is no other brand that offers a standard 'menu' of blades that matches Vodak for quality. To match Vodak you'll have to go to a custom blade-maker like some of those who are active on this forum.

Otherwise, maybe consider a 7-ply allwood like Korbel SK7, Clipper, P700, or similar.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Clearly It's Viscaria, I mean that's what Fan Zhendong went from. Stiga Infinity VPS to Viscaria.

But in all honesty, anything with carbon is gonna be an upgrade from the Stiga Infinity VPS.
I think the innerforce alc.s has a limba-spruce-alc-ayous composition. Which is just the Infinity + ALC.
Just one of the innerforces.

FZD nevery used Infinity. It was always a Viscaria with an Infinity handle. This is pretty well documented. Feel free to do the research.

FZD was using a Viscaria from before he was playing in Men's international tournaments. The Stiga sponsorship happened after that and all he did was put an Infinity handle on a Viscaria. There were quite a few tournaments where he ran out of the Viscarias with the Infinity handle and needed to use one of his spares that was a Viscaria with a Viscaria handle.

Easy to research. There is lots of information on this. And when he went to Butterfly sponsorship, he went right to Viscaria as Butterfly was "developing" the FZD blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
It should be worth noting that revspin is not a reliable way to compare blades. The ratings for speed, flex, hardness etc. are reliant on user expectations. The top review for the Cybershape carbon, for example, is going from a Primorac Carbon (extremely stiff) so the Cybershape is going to feel flexible in comparison, and earn a higher rating for that attribute.

ttgearlab's 'hold' ratings are a bit more reliable and you can find it here: https://ttgearlab.com/2023/04/04/stiga-cybershape-series-lab-test/

You want to look at Fig.09 Ec/Ep vs. Ep. Here you'll find that the the Cybershape Carbon holds the ball a bit better than blades like Viscaria and Innerforce, but not as well as other popular 5 ply wood blades like Korbel, Acoustic, or the Cybershape Wood.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Depending on the weight of the Infinity smaller/larger upgrades could be

Avalox AVX P500: 5-ply, koto instead of limba outer ply
YEO/Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive: 5-ply, walnut instead of limba outer ply
Both have spruce as a second ply and an ayous core like the Infinity so they behave somewhat similar.

Avalox BT777: 7-ply, Clipper structure
Stiga Clipper
Budget 7-ply: Sanwei Fextra 7 or Fextra One.

https://ttgearlab.com/2018/01/23/stiga-arctic-wood-celero-wood-lab-test/ (includes Infinity 87g, Intensity, Rosewood)
https://ttgearlab.com/2023/07/24/yasaka-ma-lin-carbon-ma-lin-extra-offensive-lab-test-report/ YEO 87.7g)
https://ttgearlab.com/2023/12/11/avalox-avallo-avx-blue-thunder-777-photos-information/

Even an inner carbon blade like the Yinhe M201 or the DHS 301Z might work considering just the elasticity and vibration indices from TTGearLab
https://ttgearlab.com/2023/11/07/yinhe-mars-plc-series-lab-test-report/

Butterfly Falcima: Viscaria without the ALC. Behaves and feels different then Infinity or YEO. Weight, like almost every blade, can vary significantly.
YEO: From 86g to 93g and more
Clipper: From mid/low 80g to 100g
Don't be afraid of the higher weight that a YEO or Falcima might have (my current YEO and Falcima weigh 93g and 91g). Both feel still balanced and not as head heavy as an Infinity or other Stiga blades with their hollow handles. https://mytabletennis.net/forum/infinity-vps-has-hollow-handle_topic66755.html

says [IMG]
There are not many blades like Infinity VPS as it has a particular feeling (which I like). YEO has way different feeling IMO, mainly because of walnut outer ply.

Cybershape Carbon is much faster then Infinity, so wouldn't recommend it. An innerforce kind of blade or 7 ply all-wood is the most obvious choice. BTY Innerforce ALC or Syntelliac VCI are a decent upgrade or Szocs nr1 if you want to stay with all-wood.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hey.
I'm looking around for my next blade and rubbers. The one I'm using now is a Stiga Infinity VPS blade with Joola Rhyzm-Tech 2.1 FH and Rhyzm 2.1 Backhand.
Iv mostly been liking it but feel its a bit too slow.
Tragically a couple weeks ago during a short ball attempted save the edge and the blade hit the corner of the table and the bottom of the blade delaminated a good cm up the blade...
So now I'm looking for a replacement. The club I play in mostly only use their old blades except for 2 using Joola Trinity and Freeze, which are out of my wallets reach :p so not many blades for me to test... So then I turn to the forum oracles :)
What Im looking for is something similar feeling to the Infinity VPS, but a bit quicker. I like the feel and feedback from the Infinity VPS, and f.ex the freeze felt a bit too stiff? Also tried a Joola Wing Carbon but that felt WAY to stiff...
What I'm leaning towards now is Cybershape Carbon with Mantra Pro M and H rubbers? Which as I understand has a similar flex to the VPS??? At least according to revspin :p
Any other blades I should be looking at? I'm looking at a budget around 300-350 including rubbers.
Tnx for any tips
Best regards
Espen
I will suggest that you focus on stiga blades as the feeling and feedback is heavily influenced by the manufacturing factory.

Piligrim suggested eternity vps which sounds like something you can consider. Otherwise, consider rosewood V.

If you have a physical shop at your area, go talk to the shop owner and try out some blades by listening to the blade's sound. (Listen to your current blade's sound and just find a new one with a slight higher pitch)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
FZD nevery used Infinity. It was always a Viscaria with an Infinity handle. This is pretty well documented. Feel free to do the research.

FZD was using a Viscaria from before he was playing in Men's international tournaments. The Stiga sponsorship happened after that and all he did was put an Infinity handle on a Viscaria. There were quite a few tournaments where he ran out of the Viscarias with the Infinity handle and needed to use one of his spares that was a Viscaria with a Viscaria handle.

Easy to research. There is lots of information on this. And when he went to Butterfly sponsorship, he went right to Viscaria as Butterfly was "developing" the FZD blades.
It was meant as a joke, like an open secret.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
I second the last two comments: Stiga Eternity vps or Stiga Rosewood V.

(1) First choice has diamond touch - vps treatment as well, which you are already familiar with.
(2) Second choice has no diamond touch -vps, but has different top ply (rosewood) that is harder than limba, so it is a kind of similar hardening effect, like diamond touch-vps.

But overall, if you like Stiga blades, they have this kind of feeling associated with Stiga. They just feel different to other blades from other manufacturers. I am not sure about newer Stiga blades, but the old and common Stiga blades just feel distinct (you may like it or not).

But in the end, it is up to you. As for me, it is good for me to try various blades as I get to know my own preferences in blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Don´t change blade and rubbers at the same time. If you ask me I think you should buy another Infinity VPS and change to faster rubbers like Stiga DNA Platinum M on both sides or MX-P. Get a 90g Infinity. On the other hand we don´t know anything about your skill level or playing style so its very hard to recommend anything.

Reactions: ck1407 and Esp3nB
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hey.
Tnx all for great input. Had a friend over yesterday and today that also play, though quite a few div. above me :p
Long story short he has had a break for some years because of studies but now wanted to start up again and looking for a new racket himself and had borrowed 6-7 from his old TT buddies. We used yesterday and today for some trials and I ended up liking the feel of the Andro Synteliac VCI :) Think the rubbers where Rasanter 48 and 42?
Got the blade ordered now.
Now I just need some rubbers that are easier to get in Norway....... :p No store here sells Andro rubbers....
The rubbers I can easiest get is from Stiga, Butterfly, DHS, Donic, Yasaka, Victas and Xiom. As well as a few Joola, Gewo and Cornilleau

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I think you can consider joola tronix acc for forehand and tronix cmd for backhand since you used joola previously so you probably have better access to joola. I have not played with the rubbers but there are quite few reviews online about them

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I think you can consider joola tronix acc for forehand and tronix cmd for backhand since you used joola previously so you probably have better access to joola. I have not played with the rubbers but there are quite few reviews online about them
Actually cant get them, the store only has the Dynaryz and Rhyzer lineup... Added the rubber makers I have easy access to in the post above :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hey all. Over the christmas I met up with a friend that had borrowed a 7-8 rackets from his club and we had 2 days and many hours of fun experimenting.
I ended up loving the Andro Syntelic VCI blade with stiga dna plat rubbers. Yes quite a bit faster than my old, but it just felt easy to play with, with lots of potential for spin, push and enough control for unorthodox plays :)
I love the response of the blade and vibrations :)
Tnx all for the responses and tips :)