Wang Nan what happened to her

says no prob man well i am from lahore have been playing for...
says no prob man well i am from lahore have been playing for...
Apr 2011
one of the most dominating female table tennis player of all time in my books where is she nybody know where she is

wangnan3(news06.bjradio.com.gif

Photo source: baidu.com

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Wikipedia says she stopped playing internationally after the 2008 Olympic Games.

Zhang Yining was more dominating by the way ;) Olympic Champion Singles in 2004 and 2008 and world's #1 from 2003-2009. Also wiki haha.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
On a Chinese CCTV5 a few weeks back, there was an interview with her, she is now a mother :) living happily in China with her husband and taking care of her kid lol. I also remember that she said when she goes on strolls in the park, people would often tell her how much she looks like Wang Nan since none of them would believe such a celebrity would be simply walking on the streets!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
An article from TableTennisTa about Wang Nan

Recently, in an interview of CCTV, the veteran Wang Nan taught some secrets in the competion to Liu Shiwen and Ding Ning. Wang Nan has been silent in the TT arena for quite some time. However, recently, Wang Nan has been very visible in giving pieces of advice to the Chinese Nuping. This made a lot to speculate that she will be replacing Kong Linghui in coaching the Chinese Nuping. But her mentor, Gu Zhenjiang confirmed such issue is nothing but a rumor.

Wang Nan has been retired for almost two years and is now very successful being a full time wife and a mother. But apparently, Wang Nan has been expressing her desire to be back in the TT arena. Wang Nan has been described as a legend in TT where she managed to earn 16 world titles and a grand slam player. Her experience in the competitions and a steady condition serve as a model for younger players. Her visit to Chinese Nuping’s training giving comments and lessons is considered to be a voice of experience, filling the arena with her presence.

Considering her actions in the closed training, a lot of fans were already expecting that she would be coaching the Chinese Nuping. Also after the WTTC Trials, a lot of TT fans gave their comments with regards to Kong Linghui’s approach in coaching the Chinese Nuping. Particularly after Guo Yue was defeated in the Trials, Kong Linghui’s coaching was discriminated and was requested to be replaced. These recent happenings somehow contributed to the speculation of Wang Nan joining the coaching staff.

However, her mentor Gu Zhenjiang said in an interview, “This is not reliable.” Gu Zhenjiang said that basing such issue from the message sent by Wang Nan to Ding Ning and Liu Shiwen is not reliable at all.

“Wang Nan sharing her experiences in the competition and teaching some lessons in their career is normal. But, with regards to the coaching the Chinese Nuping, I really feel unlikely about it and like what I’ve said repeatedly, Wang Nan is not suitable in coaching. The good intentions and wishes of the fans are understandable but things do not go to that direction,” Gu Zhenjiang confirmed.

So tabletennistas, what do you think of Wang Nan as coach for Chinese Nuping? Do you think she can do a better job than Coach Kong Linghui considering that Wang Nan is of the same gender with the players?