What are some of the worst anger outbreaks you've seen?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I broke my racket once while trying to throw it in my bag on a towel, but I totally missed haha. Next match I played 2 levels better with my spare racket, but still lost. That's why I was angry. Also one time i kicked an advertising thing like on the side (don't know how to call it). My teammates said it went up like 1 metre+ But yeah sometimes u put so much pressure on yourself and nothing works out, it is the worst thing in the world to happen.

The only way to get some win u really want very badly seems to be not caring too much.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I can't really say I was disappointed then Yosua. The funny thing, at 16 I have this I don't care attitude, regardless what the coach said to me. But looking back now, it was indeed embarrassing, because for the next two years I still bumped into the other player in tournaments, but I was much much calmer, and won against him on few occasion. Him being gracious in defeat, helped me a lot. He said I had a great potential, but I needed to keep my temper under wraps.
After that, there are times that I felt almost sorry that I beat him in some matches. When I made a good shot, he would always put his thumb up, and when I won, he would say that I played superbly and that he did try his best but I was too good. He's just being gracious, and I knew.

Now, I am more like him, especially against younger players. We just to calm down and acknowledge it when we lose a match, being a gentleman losing or winning. After all, it's only table tennis.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There are a couple of people at the club I play at who say all these outrageous things in between points. It is more like comedy to me than anything else. But they are doing it to get the other person angry in the match, or at least that is some of why they are doing it. But I have seen a few people blow their stacks. I won't mention the name but there is a decent pro, who sometimes teaches at the club I play at. He is a notch below the best players in the country and he was playing this 12 year old kid, who is pretty darn good, but who should never win a match from this guy, and the kid won the match and the pro broke his racket and stormed out of the club like he wanted to kill somebody. It was funny to see since this guy is usually laughing and joking around and in a good mood even when he gets beaten by someone else. I guess it is easier to loose to someone who you know can and should be able to beat you, but it is another thing when you loose to someone who you think you should beat.

I don't usually get angry when I play because I don't really care about the end results (winning and loosing). I do care if I get better, but I often learn more when I am playing people who at that moment are doing something that causes them to beat me. So even when I loose to someone I think I should beat, I find that there is something to be learned from the situation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well I was used to be angry man behind the table.. I never threw the racket away, never kicked something (ball is not counting :D ), ..
I only get mad, when I get bad luck.. And I get it a lot.. The net is 95% against me, I get so many nets from my opponents, I get so many pig edges from my opponents..
I feel it like an injustice, like.. I am playing good, damn, why does this happen to me all the time?
And then next rally I hit the edge of my racket and I am done ..
Well this was happening before my girlfriend started to come see me when I play.. She saw how angry I can get..
I look really dangerous then, cuz I am a huge man, and she got scared a little too :)
But then she explained me how others think that I am funny to get that mad for nothing, and.. since then I try to look at all those pig edges and nets like it was fun..
Its really hard for me, because I still feel it like injustice, but I try get over it..
And.. I asked then no. 1. in our country what it is, why I get so unlucky in games - he told me that it is probably caused by MY OWN GAME .. !!
BUT!
A turnaround happened!
I got glasses, now I see much better and.. my game improved, now I am the one who gives hard time to my opponents, the net is suddenly on my side, even pig edges..
And I never hit top edge of my racket, all shots are clear..
So - when someone of you got some trouble - go see your eye doctor, hehe..
Anyways - before I got glasses - when I tryed to stay calm and not mad after some bad luck - I started to play better..
Really, without anger it is better..

omg, I wrote quite much .. ok I quit now, hehe..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
When I play against someone who I think I should beat, then it puts kind of pressure on me..
I don't care about the rankings of my oponent. I just play my game and at the end, I look at the ranking (because I'm really curious ^^). Because, looking at rankings before the game, influences you quite much...
@Michal_Z: yeah, without anger I play better too ;) I'll keep your adivce and go to the eye doctor when I play bad or got some bad luck and so ;D