What is blade best for loop and control

This user has no status.
I almost bought an ALC.S but outer layer spruce (softer than limba) and I play 42,5 soft+ rubbers (actually on koto (harder than limba)outer layer blade)
ALC.S good for minimum 45 mediaum hard rubbers .
what do you think?

Hi nemezis, I'm happy to share my understanding of ALC.S with you as an owner of two ALC.S flared blades. The surface ply of ALC.S is Anigre instead of Limba. You can tell from the color tone and texture of the surface ply. Anigre has also been applied to ZLF.S. How did the "S" come about then? That's because S is short for spruce and the 2nd ply of Innerfiber ALC.S and ZLF.S is spruce. This blade has nice sensation and control and it's easy to utilize the power of carbon layers due to its thickness of 5.5mm.

Personally, I don't recommend using soft rubber on either side of ALC.S mainly because it's an inner carbon blade, and you must pair it with a medium rubber ranging from 45 to 47 to get reasonably good responsiveness without sacrificing the ability to hold the ball while doing looping shots. This blade is awesome for all-round players and it suits my Chinese style forehand topspin perfectly. However, it does has its limitation in the top speed compared to other outer ALC blades. My personal setup is a 86g FL version + Palio Blitz 47.5 on the forehand and Donic S2 on the backhand. Works perfectly for my purpose and playstyle. If you play close to the table like I do, this is one of the best blades out there, but if you tend to loop in European style away from the table, then I'd suggest that you go for outer carbon blades or stiffer all-wood blades. Cheers.

All wood blade like what?

Lot of allwood blades have been mentioned already. And there are so many others out there, everyone with something different in its character.
Xiom Offensive S hase been suggested as a classic 5 ply example and I like it too.
Xiom Solo is a 7 ply allwood and is an etalon standart in its ckass, Xiom Feel S7 is its newer version with same speed but with more spin and control, Xiom Extreme S is heavyer and faster, etc. etc.
Some composite blades have been mentioned too.
We still don't know how your disability reflects the game, at what distamce you are playing, are you able to play over the table and can you take balls from under table level, what weight of blade you preffer, and so on.
Without this we may recomend hundreds of blades.

My vote: Sweden Extra for loop and feeling all+ speed, nittaku septear for 7 ply all hinoki good looping and better control blocking off- to off, and nittaku violin most expensive but fantastic feeling controlled attacking off -. All excel close to the table.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

Hello everyoneSorry to dig up this topic but I would like to know if your opinion has changed since then and which blade among those mentioned would you recommend now?

Still Tibhar's Stratus Powerwood with both side Donic Baracuda. Most controlled looping set-up ever ( Euro style ).NB: I had good memories of this set-up.

Reactions: len_xrs
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Best blade?

Best for what? Can the person define what what is in terms of production and outcome? Is the what the single thing, or are there numerous "what" going on and somethings needs to perform to a minimum standard for all.

The truth is that there are multiple ways to do multiple things and certain gear makes it easier or harder to do something(s) and there are tradeoffs. One has to know one's impact and abilities, and/or know how they will develop. Some gear is more appropriate than others for certain things.

There can be hundreds of possible suitable gear for a given impact and shot(s). There are trade-offs, not one single thing makes it easy to do everything outstanding.

Ultimately, it would take a knowledge of the player and his/her impact now and what needs to be down the road to know the category and specific blade class/type and same for rubber to include sponge. it is not so easy and cut and dried, but it can be if you simply it and shoot for middle of the road in the class and worry too much about exact detailed data analysis.

Great. I said all that without making a single recommendation just to throw down a structure for decision evolution.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
DELETED....

Sorry, I did not realize that I replied to a question in the old thread. I replied to 4-year old questions, thus I deleted my answer.

Last edited: