What is the best ESN Hybrid rubber for FH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Did you try H8-80?
H3 is likely to have reduced tackiness, which may ( or may not) suit your play style and technique. Depends if it’s old or new topsheet.
Oh, it was amazing, wasn't as spinny as my Golden Tango or Razka Z, but far more disturbing on power shots (no upward kick) and I was able to loop serves and smash counters better. I am going to take advantage of the TT11 special and get a few more. Hope my body can hold up playing with this but since I am using carbon blades now (vs all wood when I used Big Dipper), it can't be that bad. The rubber has a lot of potential for everything I do, and I think I can get better with it because my consistency will go way up. The only issue is that it might require a power output that I might need to get fitter to sustain. But that is why I take my collagen peptides lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Oh, it was amazing, wasn't as spinny as my Golden Tango or Razka Z, but far more disturbing on power shots (no upward kick) and I was able to loop serves and smash counters better. I am going to take advantage of the TT11 special and get a few more. Hope my body can hold up playing with this but since I am using carbon blades now (vs all wood when I used Big Dipper), it can't be that bad. The rubber has a lot of potential for everything I do, and I think I can get better with it because my consistency will go way up. The only issue is that it might require a power output that I might need to get fitter to sustain. But that is why I take my collagen peptides lol.
If you are feeling good, then you could get an experimental sheet of H8 hard or mid hard, sure this is going to need more effort but the low fast forward shooting top spin kick on loops / loop kills is the bees knees!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I just glued Stiga Dragon Grip on my Carbonado 45, testing it tomorrow with my robot and Monday at the club. On FH coming from Fastarc G1 (which I really liked, except serves, they have more spin with tacky rubbers) and before that Nittaku H3 Neo (8701) for comparison. A downside of DG is the weight: 52-53 grams cut, maybe I'll get used to it.
View attachment 28918
Nice rug. Can you make a honest review of it?😂

This user has no status.
Which hybrids have the lowest throw angle?
I'm not going to say it's definitely the lowest, but I do find the Codexx SuperSelect to be quite low. I've written elsewhere on the forum about the rubber so I won't write a lot here, but it's been my favorite rubber to use thus far out of ever next gen ESN rubber. Can't imagine using anything else right now, but I will probably give K3 and Bluestar A1 a try just to see what the hype is about.

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Nice rug. Can you make a honest review of it?😂
sure, these are my impressions only after a session with my robot and a session at the club.
Tackiness: Stiga DG is barely tacky, at least the sheet I have lifts the ball 3-4 mm
Feeling: feels very hard, as expected, but does not feel like a Chinese rubber, more like a harder version of G1.
Serves: for me better than G1, but not as good as H3 (or any Chinese rubber)
Spin on top spin drives: very high, comparable to H3
Speed: high, like G1 or even a bit higher. For short game is similar to G1, little catapult effect, so lots of control.
Overall I think has more gears G1 but it's also more demanding, less forgiving of poor executed strokes. So G1 is probably more fun to play with, but advanced players may enjoy DG if they can take advantage of it (big if).
The other downside is the price, at $54 is the most expensive rubber I ever bought, and I'm not sure it's worth for me at least.

Last edited: