What is the best ESN Hybrid rubber for FH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Is there a best ESN hybrid rubber for FH? I've been testing Dragon Grip and Omega China Guang on FH. They seem largely similar to each other. Both are fast, and quite spinny.

I've also tested Andro C53 and Joola Dynaryz ZGX. Both are good, but I think the extra bit of hardness at 55d is nice.

Does anybody else think that ESN hybrids are basically just the same? or do you feel a real difference? If so, which is the best and why?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I am also interested in this topic, because I am tired of boosters and the constant change in the properties of the forehand rubber over time. I want something stable, but not as expensive as Digniсs 09С.
In this regard, I am very interested in the Nittaku Sieger PK50. There are good reviews for this rubber here on the forum and on revspin, and there is positive video review. Also, the PK50 is not an old generation rubber and is on sale at a normal price. But what confuses me and stops me from buying is the absence of PK50 on the official Nittaku website. A search on the site finds only news about this from 2020. Why does this happen?
I tried Rakza Z and Tibhar K3 and didn't like the high throw. I'm used to playing H3 and N-80 and I need a lower angle. Also, Rakza Z was too soft for me and not fast enough in sudden movements. Dragon Grip judging by the reviews, it is short-lived, in addition, I have 20 years of negative experience playing with rubber from Stiga. Joola is more expensive here, besides, I don’t like their strategy, when there is no one rubber for a decent period of time, and constant new products with complex combinations of letters lead to confusion.
If I don’t find the answer to Nittaku, then most likely my choice will be Rakza Z EH.

Reactions: jackywongtt
I have some experience with Glayzer 09C (+Ma Lin Carbon), Rakza Z (+Primorac) and Rakza Z Extra Hard (+Carbospeed). I like all of them very much, but for FH Rakza Z Extra Hard is the obvious winner IMO. I can feel differences, but can't be more precise because of quite different blades. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Choosikick
says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
... Joola Dynaryz ZGX. Both are good, but I think the extra bit of hardness at 55d is nice.
Then try Dynaryz ZGR which is 56°.
A cheaper, a bit downgraded (less aggressive) version of this would be the Tronix ZGR, which I currently like best from all the different hybrids I tested.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Some people say DG doesn't last long...I personally haven't seen that to be the case. ESN rubbers in general don't last as long as Chinese rubbers. Compared to G1, if anything Dragon Grip seems to be more durable.

But are the playing characteristics of DragonGrip actually any different from BlueGrip C2? Or are the ESN hybrids across the brands essentially the same? Same speed, same spin, etc?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
On pure performance I think K3 but the durability of it is a big bummer. But all C touch ESN hybrids are similar how the topsheet wears fast.

K2 has a Rakza Z type topsheet but with fully dense sponge. I think K2 is a good price/performance champ if one buys it from Taobao or Prott. In many situations it's better than K3 and would suit someone who wants a boosted Chinese rubber feel/performance without boosting. The only fear is how long they will keep making it...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
On pure performance I think K3 but the durability of it is a big bummer. But all C touch ESN hybrids are similar how the topsheet wears fast.

K2 has a Rakza Z type topsheet but with fully dense sponge. I think K2 is a good price/performance champ if one buys it from Taobao or Prott. In many situations it's better than K3 and would suit someone who wants a boosted Chinese rubber feel/performance without boosting. The only fear is how long they will keep making it...
What is special about K3's performance?

I haven't tested it extensively or anything. I tested it briefly on a friend's blade. My memory or impression was that it was good, but the softer sponge of K3 made it seem like it had less overall power and speed than Dragon Grip.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Some rumours PK50 may be discontinued but still available at clearance price on online retailers. You can give it a try and buy more to stock in you like. Razka Z EH may well suit if you like to go a bit harder.

I have a sheet of RZ on the way, my hope is that the RZ lineup will not be discontinued because RZ is one of the best selling rubbers in Japan.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I tested the Xuperman Black and Red for the first time yesterday.
I would actually rate these as one of the best hybrids out there (and with its price, it isn't bad)

I was expecting more DHS H3/Skyline feel, the Red is however cake sponge, so that makes it even closer towards hybrid
while black is blue dense sponge, but without booster, is already hybrid like.
I would likely only be able to test again next week (with booster)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I would actually rate these as one of the best hybrids out there (and with its price, it isn't bad)

I was expecting more DHS H3/Skyline feel, the Red is however cake sponge, so that makes it even closer towards hybrid
Darn, that sounds like another rubber that is really worth getting.

I already have Volant-Phoenix H41 coming in. And I still haven't tried Rxton 9, Arthur Asia, Dingtian

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023

Very nice, then the red one can be a good backhand rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
What is special about K3's performance?

I haven't tested it extensively or anything. I tested it briefly on a friend's blade. My memory or impression was that it was good, but the softer sponge of K3 made it seem like it had less overall power and speed than Dragon Grip.
The porous sponge is quite bouncy while the topsheet makes a curve like D09c so I don't really need to brush the ball I can hit quite forward and it clears the net and it's fast too.
It's really easy to use I don't know if I would say it's better than D09c but I felt like it's much easier to use and in difficult situations that is important. K3 is also light, compared to other C touch rubbers. Cut on a BTY head I remember about 49g so that's very good for a 53deg rubber. The Xiom Omega Chinas and Joola Dynaryz ZGR are much heavier.
I don't wanna praise it much as the durability is truly shit, but I will say every C touch rubber's durability is unacceptable.

I wish Chinese companies could make a good hybrid. I prefer the Chinese topsheets, but most rubbers without booster are just a no go. Sure LAC is pretty good but durability again...

I wonder how Xu Xin's rubber fares. Even the "special" version at 40USD is a pretty good deal if it is bouncy enough.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Really? Is it so noticeable?
I tested A3 (47.5 sponge) and expected it to play not very soft... and the feel of A3 is very soft almost mushy, despite medium sponge.

I might test A2 later this week (I got a sheet from my last TT11 order)

Based on how surprisingly soft/somewhat slower A3 played, I would totally believe there are stark differences with A3 -A2- A1.