What is the best ESN Hybrid rubber for FH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Just checked - Bribar Table Tennis, GT is £30/sheet ($38)I chose 5 sheets of red, 5 black, max thickness, addEd to basket no probs, no pop up saying out of stock. I think they are shipping worldwide now, not sure what the cost is for shipping stateside.
10 sheets about $380, not sure how that compares to US price?
Maybe check their website, and email or call them to check availability / stock!!
I am testing H3 provincial tomorrow. If I don't like it (I remember trying it on a Gergely a long time ago), I will consider that for sure.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I am testing H3 provincial tomorrow. If I don't like it (I remember trying it on a Gergely a long time ago), I will consider that for sure.
Did you try H8-80?
H3 is likely to have reduced tackiness, which may ( or may not) suit your play style and technique. Depends if it’s old or new topsheet.

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I just glued Stiga Dragon Grip on my Carbonado 45, testing it tomorrow with my robot and Monday at the club. On FH coming from Fastarc G1 (which I really liked, except serves, they have more spin with tacky rubbers) and before that Nittaku H3 Neo (8701) for comparison. A downside of DG is the weight: 52-53 grams cut, maybe I'll get used to it.
433923802_767463908665842_6372185960014107527_n.jpg

Reactions: TheProfessor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I just glued Stiga Dragon Grip on my Carbonado 45, testing it tomorrow with my robot and Monday at the club. On FH coming from Fastarc G1 (which I really liked, except serves, they have more spin with tacky rubbers) and before that Nittaku H3 Neo (8701) for comparison. A downside of DG is the weight: 52-53 grams cut, maybe I'll get used to it.
View attachment 28918
nice let us know how it plays, I love the 45. Would definitely buy a new one if I had the money!

Reactions: Tiz
This user has no status.
Im actually really having fun with Dragon grip. I love ripping heavy forehand winners with this. Very good spin and power, good rebound too. I feel it really suits limba blades for the dwell time and control. Then just rip away.

No wonder victor likes it.

Omega China Guang is also really similar.
How’s DG compared to Neo H3 orange and blue sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
How’s DG compared to Neo H3 orange and blue sponge?
It's really different. Unboosted, DG has a lot more speed. It's really fun to hit heavy forehand winners. And it's also fast enough for bh. I feel the dwell time is much less than H3, so I really feel the DG needs to go on limba-inner fibre blade.

H3 is slower and asks for boosting. But it has more dwell time and control and confidence. You feel confident to hit very hard. Also, because of the dwell time, you can put it on a wider range of blades including Koto-inner fibre blades as well as outer fibre blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
What is the release angle, weight and durability? K3 and Rakz Z have a high throw, which doesn't suit me. If Gevo has a lower throw, this could be a great option!
If it's anything like K2 then it's more forward shooting. It's very much like a very well boosted H3 but with less spin and more speed.
Durability is pretty good just clean and apply a non tacky plastic cover, K2 weight was about 48-9g cut to BTY head so not too bad either.
I would say this type of rubber is more intuitive, if you pull your arm up more it arcs more, if you hit forward it shoots straight.

I guess the biggest gripe I had with K2 is that a slow open up loop is not particularly spinny. But then again I was mostly just killing everything and it didn't matter so much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
If it's anything like K2 then it's more forward shooting. It's very much like a very well boosted H3 but with less spin and more speed.
Durability is pretty good just clean and apply a non tacky plastic cover, K2 weight was about 48-9g cut to BTY head so not too bad either.
I would say this type of rubber is more intuitive, if you pull your arm up more it arcs more, if you hit forward it shoots straight.

I guess the biggest gripe I had with K2 is that a slow open up loop is not particularly spinny. But then again I was mostly just killing everything and it didn't matter so much.
I meant Gewo. It turns out that K2 and Gewo Codexx 54 are practically the same rubbers? And if it’s not difficult for you, tell about the ejection angle, weight and durability. Thank you in advance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Yes, I know but I never tried the Codexx, only K2, but they look way too similar.

Codexx54
61309a9c565f4.JPG

K2
5c2c849be41cb.jpg

Golden Tango
2829_thumb_P_1496982456890.jpg
Maybe it’s just me, but the Codex has a wider spike. This can be seen by the smaller distance between the spikes. Also, the composition of the topsheet rubber appears to be different. The sponges are really very similar.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Maybe it’s just me, but the Codex has a wider spike. This can be seen by the smaller distance between the spikes. Also, the composition of the topsheet rubber appears to be different. The sponges are really very similar.
Hmm, I think the pips are the same but maybe they are more close together on the Codexx. I wouldn't read too much into it. The K2 is a few years older rubber, maybe they tweaked the topsheet formula a bit. I don't think they are 100% identical either but they both look and quack like a duck 🦆

• Love
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hmm, I think the pips are the same but maybe they are more close together on the Codexx. I wouldn't read too much into it. The K2 is a few years older rubber, maybe they tweaked the topsheet formula a bit. I don't think they are 100% identical either but they both look and quack like a duck 🦆
To be honest, I really like Nittaku's style. I have never seen an advertisement for Nittaku anywhere, but the quality and durability of their equipment speaks for itself. I'm very interested in the Nittaku Sieger PK50. I'll probably still look in this direction.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
To be honest, I really like Nittaku's style. I have never seen an advertisement for Nittaku anywhere, but the quality and durability of their equipment speaks for itself. I'm very interested in the Nittaku Sieger PK50. I'll probably still look in this direction.
I think PK50 is being discontinued. Nittaku are releasing some new rubbers soon.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I meant Gewo. It turns out that K2 and Gewo Codexx 54 are practically the same rubbers? And if it’s not difficult for you, tell about the ejection angle, weight and durability. Thank you in advance.
i have a sheet of k2 on the way from China so I should be able to get back to you in about a month. I'll try and remember to report back about C54 vs K2

Edit- but I can compare RZEH and Codexx 54. Imo C54 is a bit faster and softer feeling with lower throw for sure. RZEH has the edge in spin but the throw is indeed pretty high. I also have a sheet of RZ regular on the way so I should be able to make a comparison in due time

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
i have a sheet of k2 on the way from China so I should be able to get back to you in about a month. I'll try and remember to report back about C54 vs K2

Edit- but I can compare RZEH and Codexx 54. Imo C54 is a bit faster and softer feeling with lower throw for sure. RZEH has the edge in spin but the throw is indeed pretty high. I also have a sheet of RZ regular on the way so I should be able to make a comparison in due time
Oh. Rakza Z is incredibly high arcing and spiny. My issue with it is that I don't back off the table and it would be ideal for a player who backs off the table. That's why even though I sometimes prefer what I can do witn Rakza Z, Golden Tango suits me better because I can hold the table better with it. But I have found a new bestie ..

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp