Need help finding a linear racket setup

This user has no status.
Hello!

Currently im using a stiga cybershape wood with dna platinum m on both sides, what im looking for is something with a more linear respons as a second racket perhaps something closer to a chinese racket.

I've got some requirements: 1. It has to be more cost efficient than what i already have 2. the blade has to come in a straight handle 3. blade should be of good quality 4. Backhand rubber should not be tacky or a hybrid rubber 5. forehand rubber should not require boosting 6. rubbers should not be too hard (preferably around the same hardness as what i already have, forehand can be a little bit harder)

says 40+ age in the 40+ age
says 40+ age in the 40+ age
Jan 2024
Your eventual choice is also dependant on your playstyle and brand preference, but here's some thoughts:

Harder rubbers will give a more linear response (generally speaking). Your current Platinum M is pretty average in hardness according to the specifications, (but if it's Platinum Hybrid M I understand the Tensor effect can be a little unpredictable).

Also consider, do you want a small adjustment, or a bigger change?

What problems are you running into regarding a non-linear response? Is it slow touch play jumping over the table or into the net? Are faster shots overshooting or not making enough of an arc to reach the other side? Or are you actually missing speed on the high end?

The Cybershape Wood is considered by user reviews I've read to be a pretty linear blade, and DNA Platinum M should behave pretty predictable, so I'm curious where you're experiencing issues, and perhaps a different solution is warranted instead?

Reactions: doppelganger_LT