Where to buy equipment?

This user has no status.
Hey guys,

Can anyone please tell me about any cheap and reliable websites to order equipment from?
I'm particularly looking for Butterfly (Tenergy and Viscaria) and DHS (Hurricane 3 Neo) Products. Also, please make sure that they can ship to NZ. :D

Are these sites reliable?
  • pingpongdepot
  • tabletennisstore
  • sportsexpertthailand
  • skybizsports
  • Tenryu

If you find a good site, but it doesn't have Hurricane 3 Neo, that's fine, I can work with it.

This user has no status.
The thing about Butterfly is that they limit the area of action for table tennis shops. This way they keep prices constant(high), so you won't probably be able to find a "cheap butterfly store". This way, I believe there is only one Butterfly supplier for New Zealand where you can get your desired equipment from. As for DHS, there are a lot of shops that ship DHS worldwide.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The trouble with what you are asking is twofold.

1) You want to buy Butterfly products at a discount.
2) You want to buy Butterfly products from a seller who is out of your region.

And the thing is, if you find Butterfly products at a discount, they are, almost definitely, COUNTERFEIT. And if you find a seller who will sell Butterfly products to buyers outside of his/her distribution region, they are almost definitely COUNTERFEITS as well.

Butterfly has a system where they fix their prices region by region. Butterfly distributors from one region are only allowed to sell Butterfly products within their prescribed distribution region. They are not allowed to sell outside of their region. If they get caught by Butterfly doing that, they will not be a Butterfly distributor any longer.

And the markup on Butterfly products for sellers is too small for them to give a substantial discount and still make a profit.

So, as I already said, if you find a place that sells Butterfly products that is not in your region, it is more than likely the products are fakes. If you find Butterfly products at even a reasonable discount, it is likely that the products are fake.

So, for the Butterfly products you want (Tenergy and Viscaria), your best bet is to find out who the local Butterfly distributor is in your region. And buy from them.

For DHS products, just find an online source that you know is reputable like tabletennis11.com.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Is it your first custom-made setup ? it looks like it and it looks like you gonna make a big mistake

No it is not my first custom made setup, and I can definitely use a carbon blade :p.
I have tried a friend's Viscaria with the same rubbers (except for the fact that his hurricane was a boosted provincial orange sponge). I am happy with it so i decided to get a new blade. I can't afford to buy from my local shop again though, since it is way overpriced.

This user has no status.
The trouble with what you are asking is twofold.

1) You want to buy Butterfly products at a discount.
2) You want to buy Butterfly products from a seller who is out of your region.

And the thing is, if you find Butterfly products at a discount, they are, almost definitely, COUNTERFEIT. And if you find a seller who will sell Butterfly products to buyers outside of his/her distribution region, they are almost definitely COUNTERFEITS as well.

Butterfly has a system where they fix their prices region by region. Butterfly distributors from one region are only allowed to sell Butterfly products within their prescribed distribution region. They are not allowed to sell outside of their region. If they get caught by Butterfly doing that, they will not be a Butterfly distributor any longer.

And the markup on Butterfly products for sellers is too small for them to give a substantial discount and still make a profit.

So, as I already said, if you find a place that sells Butterfly products that is not in your region, it is more than likely the products are fakes. If you find Butterfly products at even a reasonable discount, it is likely that the products are fake.

So, for the Butterfly products you want (Tenergy and Viscaria), your best bet is to find out who the local Butterfly distributor is in your region. And buy from them.

For DHS products, just find an online source that you know is reputable like tabletennis11.com.

I should say that by cheap I guess I meant cheapest out of the whole "package" (e.g. shipping). I understand that there is a very high risk of purchasing a Butterfly product that is even a little bit discounted, so I should've said cheap shipping. I also should've said that in New Zealand, the local shops and websites are far more expensive than sites from other regions. A Butterfly Viscaria is $260 NZD which I think is ridiculous since in the U.S. it's $150 (which is approx. $210 NZD)
If I were to buy everything from my local shops, then it would cost a total of $427 NZD. I was kinda hoping that some of the cheap sites I listed above were reliable though, but I guess it's too good to be true.

I wasn't aware of the fact that dealers don't have permission to sell to other regions. Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, I am going to make a guess that the price at this store, if they are selling Butterfly products, is the price for your region.

There is nothing wrong with seeing if you can find a better price. But, usually, when a seller has the ability to sell Butterfly products across regions, it is because they are not an authentic Butterfly distributor. Now you know that Butterfly is very strict with how their products are sold and who is able to sell them.

Regardless, of all this. Good luck and I hope you get exactly what you want.

This user has no status.
Well, I am going to make a guess that the price at this store, if they are selling Butterfly products, is the price for your region.

There is nothing wrong with seeing if you can find a better price. But, usually, when a seller has the ability to sell Butterfly products across regions, it is because they are not an authentic Butterfly distributor. Now you know that Butterfly is very strict with how their products are sold and who is able to sell them.

Regardless, of all this. Good luck and I hope you get exactly what you want.

The store that I mentioned is an official ButterflyNZ shop. I also checked the Australian website, and the prices are similar. I guess this is the price of my region.

About the regional thing, there are websites that carry genuine products, but still sell overseas right? Like megaspin, gotabletennis, etc. From the thousands of reviews out there for those sites, I'd say that they are trustworthy. They are the only sites that I found reliable just from the reviews and popularity. Are these sites actually reliable though? Wouldn't Butterfly have done something about this? Or is it just that they aren't authorised Butterfly dealers anymore. Anyway, these popular sites have extremely high shipping costs ($65 USD and $53 USD) which is why I cant order from them. The total price would be around the same as if I were to buy from my local shop.

Anyway, thanks for the information and for the good luck.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, there are products that MegaSpin can ship to you. But my guess is, Butterfly products might not be included. I could be wrong.

I know when TableTennis11 used to sell Butterfly products, their website would filter those out if you were looking at their website from out of the Butterfly distribution region for TT11.

But MegaSpin does not always have the products themselves. Sometimes they find a source to sell you the product. So maybe they can sell across regions through a Butterfly distributor in your region.

Again, if you do search and find a seller that saves you money and you get genuine Butterfly products, that will be nice.

Good luck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Hey guys,

Can anyone please tell me about any cheap and reliable websites to order equipment from?
I'm particularly looking for Butterfly (Tenergy and Viscaria) and DHS (Hurricane 3 Neo) Products. Also, please make sure that they can ship to NZ. :D

Are these sites reliable?
  • pingpongdepot
  • tabletennisstore
  • sportsexpertthailand
  • skybizsports
  • Tenryu

If you find a good site, but it doesn't have Hurricane 3 Neo, that's fine, I can work with it.

Try www.ttmode.com - they sell Tenergy and have some DHS. Price is good.

This user has no status.
I'm not sure this will help or not
But anw for NZ i think you could use this site: butterflyaustralia.com or affordabletabletennis.com.au
Im currently in Australia and i get my equipments from those 2 sites
They are really reliable and safe i guess
i've never had a problem with them and their products are 100% genuine
I think they do ship to NZ but im not so sure
check the sites out first!
Goodluck mate!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
I'm not sure this will help or not
But anw for NZ i think you could use this site: butterflyaustralia.com or affordabletabletennis.com.au
Im currently in Australia and i get my equipments from those 2 sites
They are really reliable and safe i guess
i've never had a problem with them and their products are 100% genuine
I think they do ship to NZ but im not so sure
check the sites out first!
Goodluck mate!

I have already been to those sites. For BTYAustralia, the prices are very similar to my local store prices (if I were to buy the butterfly products from that site and my dhs rubber from a local store compared to buying everything from my local store). And for affordablett, they do not carry the butterfly viscaria. Affordablett also only sell the red version of hurricane which kind of bugs me :p.

Thanks for trying to help out though! :)

This user has no status.
Try www.ttmode.com - they sell Tenergy and have some DHS. Price is good.

Thanks! However they do not carry Butterfly Viscarias and they only have red hurricanes. I prefer the black ones since it can produce more spin. Red rubbers have added chemicals that affect the rubber's grip a bit. To me that's a big deal, since it's gonna be on my forehand.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Red rubbers have added chemicals that affect the rubber's grip a bit.

This is not true. This is an old wives tale. But, if you want black for FH, that is enough of a reason.

DHS sells so many less red runners because of myths like that that usually the red ones are older and have been sitting on the shelf longer. That will cause them to play a little worse. But if a red DHS rubber and a black one come from the same batch, there will be no difference.