Which Evolution rubber should I choose for my backhand?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Good blocking does not mean hard sponge. I have a quite soft one on my BH (Victas V>01 Limber) and can perform damn good blocks :eek:

Agreed. One can block with any rubber and get used to it. Important aspects are having knees bend and able to get right to the ball when close to table, then the ability to control grip pressure and impact to make the ball do what you want.

Away from table blocking, you have the same dynamics in play. However, you give opponent enough time to check for and reply to SMS message on his mobile before hitting. You have to fool him on the spin and depth with hand pressure, you can do that with any rubber. However, it is a real good thing to make a sudden firming of grip right at impact and a tiny explosive hit through... at distance MX-P is SOOOOOOO much better for this and the OP values this option.

However, watching the match footage of the OP, I can see the way he prefers to impact the ball is certain situations... and MX-P suits his preferences a lot more than FX-P.

True, there are many impacts and also how the rubber matches the blade and how it is glued and used is of course important. I sometimes defy logic and go for FX-P on some of the more flexible or thinner blades, because the way I grab and spin the ball on FH... it just works better with FX-P there on those blades... and I can still block FH just fine.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Actually, things are not what they appear, Rayeez. PM me if you want an explanation.

When the time comes, I am going to contact you about this too. [emoji2] Because that really is an amazing deal.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
When the time comes, I am going to contact you about this too. [emoji2] Because that really is an amazing deal.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus
Basically, they have a December25 bonus code that amounts to the same thing until Jan 10. Not sure if they will continue the deal after JAnuary 10, but the December25 bonus code deal is equivalent.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I think MX-P will be closer to what you are used to. EL-P feels softer than either T05 or T80. MX-P is harder than either one. I think you would be able to adjust to either Evo rubber fairly easily.