Which rubber to pair my Viscaria?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hello everyone,

I would like to have some advice on the following. Since a year or three I play with MX-P (max) on both sides on a Viscaria blade. I love the blade but
lately I doubt whether MX-P suits my game enough. I am a intermediate player with a good serve and good ( two winged) looping and blocking skills. My pushing and driving skills are not my strongest weapons.

Lately, I notice that the MX-P is sometimes too bouncy for me and I have troubles receiving long spinny serves from my opponent. I find my MX-P pretty sensitive for incoming spin.

I would like to play with a harder rubber that suits my game better, Meaning less sensitive for incoming spin, suitable for fast and spinny looping/flicking and dominant serving
with good control.

I am currently orientating on XIOM and Victas rubbers. but I am open to any brand.

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Gr Martijn

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I would like to play with a harder rubber that suits my game better, Meaning less sensitive for incoming spin,
Hmm... MX-P is already decently insensitive to incoming spin on light impacts after it is 2 weeks old. MX-P 50 has a harder sponge, try that out.

I find my MX-P pretty sensitive for incoming spin.
If you think MX-P is very spin sensitive, you REALLY gunna hate on the more modern and popular rubbers big time.
if you are babying the return of serve with an impact well past the bounce and past the endline, then it is no-shyt sherlock with any rubber that the serve will be difficult to control - way more difficult that impacting ball near bounce with soft hand. Go ahead and slap on sum Diginicski, some H3, or any Hybryd rubber and see that ball fly off your bat 2-5x moar.

with good control.
Control of what. There are many shots in TT, and no single rubber makes it easy to do all of them. (Ease of doing a shot is control) There are trade-offs when designing a rubber, just like there are trade-offs designing a car tire. You have to figure out the type of rubber and its sponge hardness to get you in the right direction for suitability.

Unless you are playing outside in the park, I think you are around so many good player and trainers who know well. Just ask.

Reactions: turbozed
says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
Go D05 BH and D09C FH. That's a major improvement. You gonna hate D05 in short game but if u can control it is a beast in attacking and flicking, block with D05 is super active and works also with passive. I saw young players at my club they play this combo very often or D09C both sides. I receive decent training too so this is not really hard for me, but if you already played for 3 years, you should go for something require higher ceiling of techniques. The first few times or few months it's gonna be hard, but it's rewarding and you would never look back into safe rubbers again. You play Viscaria with a very fast combo set up MXP for 3 yrs, I doubt D05 or D09C are not that much challenge for you.
You could go bluestar A1 FH and A2 BH, those rubber outperform BTY with half the price, but I doubt your place got it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Go D05 BH and D09C FH. That's a major improvement. You gonna hate D05 in short game but if u can control it is a beast in attacking and flicking, block with D05 is super active and works also with passive. I saw young players at my club they play this combo very often or D09C both sides. I receive decent training too so this is not really hard for me, but if you already played for 3 years, you should go for something require higher ceiling of techniques. The first few times or few months it's gonna be hard, but it's rewarding and you would never look back into safe rubbers again. You play Viscaria with a very fast combo set up MXP for 3 yrs, I doubt D05 or D09C are not that much challenge for you.
You could go bluestar A1 FH and A2 BH, those rubber outperform BTY with half the price, but I doubt your place got it.
How do you rate Bluster A1 vs D09c - have you played both?

says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
How do you rate Bluster A1 vs D09c - have you played both?
I have played both. I have already played like 4 sheets of D09C on my BH. Right now, I favor A1 more, I think it gives me better control, and the spin it creates is enormous. 2 rubbers are very alike, I think A1 is less spin sensitive, and more spin created. I maybe get bias because new stuff right now, but I really like my feeling with A1 (1 month old). Let’s see how it goes in 4 more months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I have played both. I have already played like 4 sheets of D09C on my BH. Right now, I favor A1 more, I think it gives me better control, and the spin it creates is enormous. 2 rubbers are very alike, I think A1 is less spin sensitive, and more spin created. I maybe get bias because new stuff right now, but I really like my feeling with A1 (1 month old). Let’s see how it goes in 4 more months.
let us know how the a1 goes in terms of durability. I've used the Stiga DNA Hybrid XH which I think is pretty much the same as the A1 but a tad softer. Used it for about 2 months and still works like a charm with no drop-offs. I gave it to my friend and now I'm using Tibhar Hybrid k3.