Who's the best player you've ever watched play LIVE?

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Tell us who it was, when, where, what event. How inspiring it was!
dsc_0066.jpg

Image from www.pingpongitalia.com

Last edited:
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I remember back in 2004 in the New Zealand Open, Joo Se Hyuk was there. I reckon he was at a prime level there very inspiring. Also in 2003 at the World Junior Circuit Ma Long and Zhang Jike and Feng Tianwei all played for China, though back then they weren't huge names.
Also in 2007 Lee Sang Su was the NZ World Jr Circuit event and I have his shirt! :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I have had the pleasure of seeing all the to players live over the last 30 years,Waldner in 89 was awesome as were all the swedes,97 waldner and samsonov,seeing boll beat waldi n 98euros from 20-14 down in the fifth saving 9 match points when 17 was special,bieng in dortmund when 13000 german fans were going mental for roskopf and fetzner winning the world doubles 21-19 in the final game. thornaby pavillion in north east england used to get a fantastic entry every year and you could also enter and qualify ,get the chance to play top players,played Eric Boggon,Paul Day,Chenxinhua tremendous tourny no longer on im afraid...
loads of other matches ,of to rotterdam for the worlds in May....come on Boll,

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I have had the pleasure of seeing all the to players live over the last 30 years,Waldner in 89 was awesome as were all the swedes,97 waldner and samsonov,seeing boll beat waldi n 98euros from 20-14 down in the fifth saving 9 match points when 17 was special,bieng in dortmund when 13000 german fans were going mental for roskopf and fetzner winning the world doubles 21-19 in the final game. thornaby pavillion in north east england used to get a fantastic entry every year and you could also enter and qualify ,get the chance to play top players,played Eric Boggon,Paul Day,Chenxinhua tremendous tourny no longer on im afraid...
loads of other matches ,of to rotterdam for the worlds in May....come on Boll,

That's incredible! Would love to have seen what you have seen :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
The best players I've watched were Zhang Jike, Wang Hao and Ma Long at their best at the German Open 2010 and 2011.
I'll probably be in Amsterdam in May too, looking forward to it :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Haha, the best player I have seen Live is Sean O'neill, although I can't say it was that fun to watch because he was playing one of his students in the finals of a local tournament. It was in a way inspiring to see how easily he won outright, how effortless it looked, how consistent he was, and how much trouble he caused for each one of his opponents. He was definitely on a completely different level than anyone else that was there. Although he wouldn't stand a chance against Joo or Oh oh Timo or Zhang or Ma Long.

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I went to watch the english open and saw some incredible table tennis. Table tennis live is amazing. I can't wait to watch the 2012 Olympics!

Me too! I'm flying all the way from NZ to watch the Olympics next year, can't wait!!