Fastarc G-1, MAX vs 2.0mm?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I started playing with Fastarc G-1, and i use MAX on one side and 2mm on the other.

When i glued the rubbers, i noticed that i couldn't tell which one is the 2mm. I know that the fastarc have a rather thick topsheet, but with other brand i could see the difference. I tried to measure the sponge and total thickness with a ruler and they look the same. Even with a micrometer the total thickness is arount 3.85mm for both.

Next time i play i will flip my racket to see if there is a difference, i doubt i will feel one.

Can you spot which one is the 2mm?

Attachments

• 20230920_143816.jpg
    20230920_143816.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 225
  • 20230920_143833.jpg
    20230920_143833.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I started playing with Fastarc G-1, and i use MAX on one side and 2mm on the other.

When i glued the rubbers, i noticed that i couldn't tell which one is the 2mm. I know that the fastarc have a rather thick topsheet, but with other brand i could see the difference. I tried to measure the sponge and total thickness with a ruler and they look the same. Even with a micrometer the total thickness is arount 3.85mm for both.

Next time i play i will flip my racket to see if there is a difference, i doubt i will feel one.

Can you spot which one is the 2mm?
I cannot tell.

I thought that Fastarc G-1 top sheet is thick so the sponge could only be a max of 2.0mm sponge so as not to break the total thickness rule by ITTF. Then eventually Nattaku came out with "max" sponge so I was really confused about that.

My guess is that it might be 2.1mm? So maybe it does not really matter what you get.

Of note, on my Tibhar Revolution rubbers, it says 2.1mm to 2.2mm sponge printed on my EL-S and FX-D packaging material, in the back. Just like Yasaka Rakza 7 soft, we suspect, is somewhere between 37 to 42 on ESN hardness scale.

Therefore, I have a feeling there is some manufacturing error or deviation that is acceptable. We cannot be too picky. I am sure Timo Boll can be picky about testing 50 sheets of Tenergy or Dignics to find the "right" sheets for him. He is sponsored. We cannot do that. We could only take what we can get.

Therefore my guess is that you got a sheet of G-1 2.0mm that is a bit thicker than it ususally is, and you got a sheet of G-1 max sponge that is a bit thinner than it usually is. And that's probably what happened.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Victas/TSP makes high quality products, but even they (back in TSP days) listed their rubbers as having around a +/- 0.15 variance in sponge thickness; eg a rubber that would otherwise be marked as 1.5 or 1.6mm sponge would be packaged as 1.4-1.7mm. I think it is safe to assume that most if not all commercially available product falls somewhere near that same level of variation

Reactions: latej