says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
2014 ITTF World Para Championships, 06 Sep 2014 - 15 Sep 2014, Beijing, China

The worlds best para players have met in China for the 2014 World Para Championships. This major event has commenced and concludes on the 15th September.

Live Streaming here.

Patryk Chojnowski, the World #1 and London 2012 Paralympics Class 10 Gold Medallist has entered the World Para Championships as the #1 seed.

paraworlds2014.jpg
Photo by: Przemek Wierzchowski/Agencja Gazeta

Class 10 Seedings

01) Patryk Chojnowski
02) David Jacobs
03) Jose Manuel Ruiz
04) Yang Ge
05) Ivan Karabec
06) Bas Hergelink
07) Jorge Cardona
08) Kim Daybell
09) Pavel Lukyjanov
10) Weijie Kong

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

Administrator
Oct 2010
Congratulations to TTD user @WillBayleytt who has just been crowned Class 7 World Para Table Tennis World Champion!

will.jpg

Administrator
Oct 2010
Will ripped his tshirt off in the end like Zhang Jike and threw it into the crowd! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
what was his disability? I know class 10 is close to normal like Daybell having 3 fingers on his right hand but i honestly cant see anything wrong with this guy hahaha

I can't exactly remember now the exact disability, maybe Dan will know more about it, but he has very little or no strength/movement in either his hands/wrists or his feet and ankles. You can actually see this by looking how thin his calves are. He makes up for it by having massive thighs ;-)

We played local league together a couple of seasons ago and his disabilities are clear when he's playing. It really doesn't hold him back though and it's possibly even had a positive effect on him!

I'm sure every World Champion works incredibly hard, but I really can't see any working harder than Will.

After typing all that I've just thought why don't you read this! http://www.willbayleytt.com/my-story/

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I can't exactly remember now the exact disability, maybe Dan will know more about it, but he has very little or no strength/movement in either his hands/wrists or his feet and ankles. You can actually see this by looking how thin his calves are. He makes up for it by having massive thighs ;-)

We played local league together a couple of seasons ago and his disabilities are clear when he's playing. It really doesn't hold him back though and it's possibly even had a positive effect on him!

I'm sure every World Champion works incredibly hard, but I really can't see any working harder than Will.

After typing all that I've just thought why don't you read this! http://www.willbayleytt.com/my-story/

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Thats a really nice read, I need to see this guy play!
I have seen Daybell and Facey-Thompson in action before and honestly their disabilities have little to no effect on how they played, wonder if it the same for Bayley.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
what was his disability? I know class 10 is close to normal like Daybell having 3 fingers on his right hand but i honestly cant see anything wrong with this guy hahaha

HI @Cakezxc280 Yeah @Lefty is right, Will has a rare condition called arthrogryposis which effects all limbs. Will basically cannot move his limbs, he can make very little movement. His work rate as Lefty has mention is phenomenal. I have trained and coached Will and every time he gives 110% it's pretty incredible whether that is in gym or on the table. Here is Will's celebration below showing his passion on the final point:

Reactions: Wheelie
Administrator
Oct 2010
Here is an incredible story as cited by the ITTF Facebook page: In 2009, top 100 player and Olympian Sandra Paovic from Croatia was fighting for her life after a serious car crash.

In 2014, she is a Para World Champion!!

10393689_991431567553513_5125657195971393803_n.jpg

Administrator
Oct 2010
Natalia Partyka, claimed her third world title today. Natalia now has 3 World Championship and 3 Paralympic Games gold medals!