says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey Team. UPDATE - with Photos and Videos

pong7.jpg

Thought I would let you know what me and Lgreggs are up to. We are currently on a train heading to London to take part in the Pongathon World Record Attempt.

More then 101 players are needed in order to break the attempt. The record is to have the most Table Tennis players possible in one single rally. The current rally stands at 101 players set in China. All players have to touch the ball atleast once.

However, we did not break the record :( We managed to reached 94 shots. The record will be broken next time! Here are some pictures from the event

pong1.jpg

pong2.jpg

pong3.jpg

pong6.jpg

pong8.jpg

Photo's by TableTennisDaily and Jim Hanner, photographer at Pongathon

I will keep you all up to date on how it goes in here :)

What an awesome event this was! Here is Pongathons recent facebook update
Hi All!! It would seem we’re not the only ones that think Pongathon is the coolest Ping Pong party on the planet!

'These guys have managed to relate more things to ping pong than we could have ever imagined' - Time Out

'Pongathon is a great concept and most importantly it helps to get even more people into the sport' - Darius Knight England No.3 and future Olympian for Team GB.

Join the Pongathon club and sign up to our newsletters at: http://pongathon.com/

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Does this mean you guys have change players alternately while the rally is on going? Is there a limit of the rally has to be or is it as long as more than 101 players participated, it is considered a record?

Don't quite understand the concept, but all the best buddy..hehehe Is it for a good cause?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The train journey... Did not know i could upload photos from the TTD app :)

b260eb72-702d-cb6e.jpg

Got some funny looks glueing my bat on the train lol

b260eb72-7052-a84e.jpg

b260eb72-7081-120e.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Does this mean you guys have change players alternately while the rally is on going? Is there a limit of the rally has to be or is it as long as more than 101 players participated, it is considered a record?

Don't quite understand the concept, but all the best buddy..hehehe Is it for a good cause?

Hey Azlan. Basically atleast 102 players need to be in a single file queue and each player has to hit the ball once with 1 feeder at the other end. Sorry i should of made it clearer :)

Mar 2011
Hey Azlan. Basically atleast 102 players need to be in a single file queue and each player has to hit the ball once with 1 feeder at the other end. Sorry i should of made it clearer

Ahhhh....me understand now. I really don't want to be the no 102...I might choke and you guys may give me a good kicking. Does it count if the rally is at 1 mph? hahaha that would be too easy, wouldn't it...I guess not.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys... It was so much harder then predicted... We got to 94 shots.. The problem we had was that half the people had never played the sport before and we had a time limit of 1hr. We needed atleast 102 shots and we only managed 94..

Yeah any speed is allowed Azlan which helped hehe

Ill upload videos and photos of the event tomorrow :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hey guys... It was so much harder then predicted... We got to 94 shots.. The problem we had was that half the people had never played the sport before and we had a time limit of 1hr. We needed atleast 102 shots and we only managed 94..

Yeah any speed is allowed Azlan which helped hehe

Ill upload videos and photos of the event tomorrow :)

Ah that's too bad :( Maybe they can give it another try at the Olympics xD

says http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=100002098293963
says http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=100002098293963
Sep 2011
congrats How can I Part of it
Shreeshaila
India

Mar 2011
Sorry to hear that Dan...I didn't know that there're gonna be 1st time players there. Kinda tough if that's the case. 94 was close, very close indeed. Basically, you can have as many attempts that you want within that 1 hour..right? No cigar I suppose, but it'll be better at the next attempt. I bet the feeder was having a tough time feeding good balls.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
congrats How can I Part of it
Shreeshaila
India

Hey Shree.

Im really sorry but the record took part in England. Awesome to see you on the site tho mate. Hope the TT is going well :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This looks cool. Gutted I didn't know about it before, would have definitely applied to take part.

Make sure you're not the one who misses and ruins the whole attempt Dan :p

Hehe I never missed Ian :p... They will be attempting the record again soon. Ill let ya know when they do.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
what a pity this event is not a few days later :) I'm in London from thursday till next tuesday, would have been a nice diversion to all the usual tourist program :)

Haha yes it would have been Vega. Had such a great time there. Was a lot different to your normal London attractions :).. Pongathon will be attempting the record in the near future so stay tuned and hopefully you'll be passing by next time.

Have a great time in London!

Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Sorry to hear that Dan...I didn't know that there're gonna be 1st time players there. Kinda tough if that's the case. 94 was close, very close indeed. Basically, you can have as many attempts that you want within that 1 hour..right? No cigar I suppose, but it'll be better at the next attempt. I bet the feeder was having a tough time feeding good balls.

Yeah we had as many attempts as we liked for the hour. I got it wrong there was no feeder. Basically there had to be 51 participants on either side of the table in a single line.. Then first player (Darius Knight) would serve and then alternatively each player had to hit the ball once. Ill upload the video shortly for better explination :)

Mar 2011
Dan : Yeah we had as many attempts as we liked for the hour. I got it wrong there was no feeder. Basically there had to be 51 participants on either side of the table in a single line.. Then first player (Darius Knight) would serve and then alternatively each player had to hit the ball once. Ill upload the video shortly for better explination

Dude, thats worse...hahaha very tough.