This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Zeio, can you please explain to me why no mercy points are given? Liu Shiwen zeroed both DN and CM. I thought mercy points was common courtesy, but not in WTTC?

Game 5. CM still has problem handling LSW's hook serve to her middle. LSW OTOH has adapted to CM's kick serve to her BH. Ya, 5:0, 2 of them aces for LSW. 6:0, 7:0, 8:0, 9:0, 10:0, 11:0!!

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
After this championship JNT much will have to think .....The results are definitely not better in 2017 ....It is not yet known how the final of the WD will be for the Japanese women .....

Even worse, they can't go back on their words. Emphasis on WR and knock-out trials bite really hard now.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews

What a great moment for Liu Shiwen . I'm reslly happy for her . If she couldnt get the Gold medal this would be sadder than Wang hao's olympic dream .
Also for Wang manyu a very good start in her young age and for the 1st time .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Zeio, can you please explain to me why no mercy points are given? Liu Shiwen zeroed both DN and CM. I thought mercy points was common courtesy, but not in WTTC?

They should not be common courtesy. It's an insult to the opponent and a ridiculous thing that has to change. If you can win 10 in a row you can lose 10 in a row Vs an even opponent. Good on Liu Shiwen respecting her opponents and breaking this ridiculous trend.

This user has no status.
They should not be common courtesy. It's an insult to the opponent and a ridiculous thing that has to change. If you can win 10 in a row you can lose 10 in a row Vs an even opponent. Good on Liu Shiwen respecting her opponents and breaking this ridiculous trend.

exactly
if I'm 10-0 i'll always try to win 11-0. And if I'm trailing 0-10 i'll miss on purpose because i know the opponent will be mentally affected, and i can't do worse in the next game

Reactions: FruitLoop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
And again, Ma Lin gives a big middle finger to the machinations of Xiao Zhan.

I quote this from the Women's Singles press conference: "I didn't have a coach last year which made me feel really down, till the point that I almost wanted to give up. Hence, my sincerest thanks and appreciation to President Liu (Guo Liang) and Coach Ma Lin for believing in me!"

"刘诗雯说:自己去年没有主管教练,情绪有些失落,曾想起放弃了!感谢刘国梁主席,马琳主管教练对自己的相信!" ​​​

*ahems* Xiao Zhan.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I can understand both standpoints of this topic.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Liu Shiwen: It's time to kick ass AND chew bubblegum.

By the way, what brand of gum is she using?

Last edited:
Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I hope they will do a longer interview with LGL, Ma Lin and Li Shiwen in CCTV later and hopefully Zeio would be kind enough to translate it .. I was so happy to see Li Shiwen win it .... nobody deserved it more this time around ... hopefully she can go on to break ground in Olympics as well ...

Jan 2018
I hope they will do a longer interview with LGL, Ma Lin and Li Shiwen in CCTV later and hopefully Zeio would be kind enough to translate it .. I was so happy to see Li Shiwen win it .... nobody deserved it more this time around ... hopefully she can go on to break ground in Olympics as well ...

There's one 10-minute interview with LSW, in which she goes more in-depth on flying solo in 2018. Really long. Will sub it later. Need a break.