World Table Tennis Championships 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Charlotte Lutz, despite much lower rank, is giving Cheng I Ching lots of trouble. Leading 2-0, then 2-1 now.. See if Cheng can regather herself and comeback.

WTT adding in bonus of black outs to keep the suspense up and keep us guessing what the score is once the screen is back!

Not giving excuses, but pretty much everyone from Taiwan is injured.
Cheng is probably the healthiest of the top 4 injured (Lin, Chuang, Chen being the others that is quite serious)

2-2, 10-8 in game 5 for Cheng

• Sad
Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
Pucar vs Wang likely to be the match of the tournament for length and style battle lol. When game 6 and game 7 are 19-17, 15-13, you know watched something different. I wonder how long the highlights video will be.
1684764385570.png

Was just about to say lol

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Pucar vs Wang likely to be the match of the tournament for length and style battle lol. When game 6 and game 7 are 19-17, 15-13, you know watched something different. I wonder how long the highlights video will be.
Wang nearly launched his bat after the match.. luckily he didn't..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Poor sportsmanship by Ma Long. Clear edge ball by Wong to win Game 1. ML pretends he doesn't see it and goes with the bad call by the ref.

You'd think the greatest of all time would be fine with giving this poor Canadian a fair game against him.
Ma Long has always been somewhat fragile about such things. He is just so immensely talented that it doesn't matter, but his mental game is not his relative strength,

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Coaching is a very interesting thing.
18 year old, and body language has gone bad.
it all went downhill from there

in fact, fault service leading to 6-6 i would have called it.
the point after, you can see both hands on face.... that was a big sign to call it.

well, hopefully player learns to call time out too, if coach didn't feel the necessity to call.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Poor sportsmanship by Ma Long. Clear edge ball by Wong to win Game 1. ML pretends he doesn't see it and goes with the bad call by the ref.

You'd think the greatest of all time would be fine with giving this poor Canadian a fair game against him.

Here's a video clip of the "side ball" that ML had a clear view of. Absolutely shocking lack of integrity from him that I never expected.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Let's just assume he didn't see it and move on. F... it!
No let's not.

Ma Long is a millionaire, a national celebrity, and will go down as the greatest table tennis player in history.

Wong is a fringe top 100 table tennis guy who probably has spent his life in obscurity and has probably spent many times more pursuing table tennis than he's earned.

The fact that Ma Long feels he needs to steal a game from a guy like this is absolutely classless behavior. It's dishonesty plain and simple. Way worse than throwing a racket in a fit of anger IMO. The best of all time should be way better than this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I wish they would put rankings next to the players names, gives some context when you aren't familiar with the player.
before they used to put the seeding on the back of the shirt, not always, as some times they will use registration no, but seeding no did happen before.

But now, since the new rules is either you have a paper on the back of your shirt to identify you, or you print your name on the back, they all been using the later.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
No let's not.

Ma Long is a millionaire, a national celebrity, and will go down as the greatest table tennis player in history.

Wong is a fringe top 100 table tennis guy who probably has spent his life in obscurity and has probably spent many times more pursuing table tennis than he's earned.

The fact that Ma Long feels he needs to steal a game from a guy like this is absolutely classless behavior. It's dishonesty plain and simple. Way worse than throwing a racket in a fit of anger IMO. The best of all time should be way better than this.
I get the frustration, but you need to put some things into perspective.

ML might not have been totally convinced that it hit the edge. It's an extremely high pressure situation and it's not always so easy to think rationally in a situation like this. I think ML was just a bit passive and unsure about it. It's really the mistake of the umpire. In a perfect world, yes he should've argued with the umpire and given the point away.. but even very decent people can do these things. I don't think it justifies the judgement you're giving.

Reactions: NextLevel