World Table Tennis Championships 2023

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey everyone! The 2023 World Table Tennis Championships is fast approaching! The World Champs begins on the 20th May and concludes on the 28th. World Number 1 Fan Zhendong takes the number 1 seed position in the men's singles event and Sun Yingsha leads the womens singles seeing! Big names are playing, lets get this topic started!

Watch the video highlights here on TTD of each round.

Men's Singles Seeds

fanzhendong2023worldchampionships.jpg

Fan Zhendong enters the 2023 World Championships as the no.1 seed - Photo by: WTT Global Flickr

01) Fan Zhendong
02) Wang Chuqin
03) Ma Long
04) Tomokazu Harimoto
05) Liang Jingkun
06) Hugo Calderano
07) Truls Moregard
08) Lin Gaoyuan
09) Lin Yun-Ju
10) Dang Qiu
11) :Lim Jonghoon
12) Quadri Aruna
13) Darko Jorgic
14) Jang Woojin
15) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
16) Patrick Franziska

Full men's seeds and draw.

Women's Singles Seeds

sunyingshaworldchampionships2023.jpg

Sun Yingsha enters the 2023 World Championships as the no.1 seed - Photo by: WTT Global Flickr

01) Sun Yingsha
02) Wang Manyu
03) Chen Meng
04) Wang Yidi
05) Chen Xingtong
06) Mima Ito
07) Hina Hayata
08) Han Ying
09) Adriana Diaz
10) Sofia Polcanova
11) Nina Mittelham
12) Cheng I-Ching
13) Jia Nan-Yuan
14) Miyuu Kihara
15) Miu Hirano
16) Doo Hoi Kem

Full women's seeds and draw.

Here we go TTD, lets discuss ultimate tournament, the World Table Tennis Championships and what a line up we have!

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions. We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular tournament! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Hoping to see Tomokazu Harimoto and Alexis Lebrun perform well and cause some upsets!!
Alexis is doing well, 2 victories in french Pro B Play Off to climb to Pro A next season with Montpellier. It's been difficult vs Paul Lavergne (Miramas, FFTT n°96) who fought hard to reach the decider, but the day after he's easily beaten Alexis Kouraichi (Nice Cavigal, FFTT n°102), the new junior french nationals champion. Montpellier has won the pool A , final vs the pool B winner 4S Tours to reach the Pro A, date not yet defined. In fact the FFTT schedules the Pro B play offs according to the Lebrun Bros international tour.

Alexis Lebrun is uploading some of his matches now on his youtube channel

The Lebrun Bros. have been working very hard after Macao on physical preparation, that's probably why the match vs Paul Lavergne has been dificult to finish, it's always like that after a hard physical training camp, many coutertopspin rallies in a Davis Cup challenge format with 2 other sparring partners Esteban Dorr and Florian Bourrassaud, many 2/2 on FH topspins only with the goal being to win 1 points after 20 strokes rallies, 2 points after 40 strokes, 3 points for 60 etc... hard cardio but still playfull training with challenges. Now they're off to the Liebherr camp in Ochsenhausen.

As coach Nathanel Molin says, it's not that of a "smart" training, but it's very hard physically and mentally. They'll do the tactic things in Ochsenhausen.

This user has no status.
Alexis LEBRUN is the next world champ. no kidding !

In women's, i wish it was one of the Japanese girl, but let's be honest it's gonna be one of the 5 Chinese girls and probably 4 of them will get medals. Even getting to 3-4 or 2-4 against one of the 5 chinese girls will feel like a "victory".

However for doubles, i think Japan will get 1 or even 2 out of 3 gold medals.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

In women's, i wish it was one of the Japanese girl, but let's be honest it's gonna be one of the 5 Chinese girls and probably 4 of them will get medals. Even getting to 3-4 or 2-4 against one of the 5 chinese girls will feel like a "victory".

I'll be rooting for Alexis Lebrun too! I would very much like him to win a medal at this championship!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
In terms of seating, the main hall (based on ticket purchasing website) is now walled off to 3 areas (each area has its own tickets).

Very different to the previous world championships where the main hall would have a dozen tables (and reduced to a few/one, as the tournament get closer towards the end)

1683540806744.png

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
In terms of seating, the main hall (based on ticket purchasing website) is now walled off to 3 areas (each area has its own tickets).

Very different to the previous world championships where the main hall would have a dozen tables (and reduced to a few/one, as the tournament get closer towards the end)

View attachment 25262
This is similar to how it was when it it was in Houston. though there were more than 3 tables in section 2 to start. The main table was in a separate hall all by itself. And tickets were sold that could either get you everywhere or only access to certain spots.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

I like Hayata. I hope she will make it to the final

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This is similar to how it was when it it was in Houston. though there were more than 3 tables in section 2 to start. The main table was in a separate hall all by itself. And tickets were sold that could either get you everywhere or only access to certain spots.
Yes

Since WTT gotten involved, this is kind of the outcome so far.
maybe it will change in the future, who knows.

I can only think of ticket sales is the only reason for this change