Would you ask for a replacement or refund ???

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
IMG20231106121638.jpg to left is Rxton5 -orange sponge --- to the right Rxton9 blue sponge
Both rubbers are sold as 2.1mm . the R5 IS 2,1mm but the R9 is 1.9mm.

Am I too fussy ?????

• Wow
Reactions: Choosikick
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Totally I would ask for refund.

BTW, which sponge is harder?
this is ever so difficult to establish. When pressing with thumb and index finger they both feel about the same.
I am going all out on a limb here and say : to me the blue sponge feeeels a little bit softer B U T the black top layer feels harder to depress than the R5 top layer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
this is ever so difficult to establish. When pressing with thumb and index finger they both feel about the same.
I am going all out on a limb here and say : to me the blue sponge feeeels a little bit softer B U T the black top layer feels harder to depress than the R5 top layer.
that's good to know. I'm still traumatized by my 36d Rxton 5.

But maybe I will give Rxton 5 a try again.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
that's good to know. I'm still traumatized by my 36d Rxton 5.

But maybe I will give Rxton 5 a try again.
Yes, I remember you mentioning it in the other thread.
I think Loki has one hell of a quality control problem.
All my R5 are of the old stock and i got enough of them to see me through.
I don't think I will buy anymore from them because with the problem you had and the problems other friends here on the forum had with the ALC bubbles and now this problem with R9, it looks like
becoming a gamble to buy stuff from them.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Imagine all the booster you can stuff in that sponge before exceeding the 4mm limit. :unsure:
funny you should say that 😁The first layer of seamoon did nothing at all and the second layer did a little dome. After 12 hours waiting that little dome just about disappeared and the sponge was the same thickness as before and maybe, but only maybe, there was a couple of mm lateral growth.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Maybe top sheet is thicker? Although judging by the photo, I see that the top sheets are the same in thickness. In any case, before opening a dispute, measure the total thickness of the rubber. If this is the maximum, then it should be 4 mm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
You have every reason to open a dispute. It's up to you to decide whether to do it or not, but in reality it's a big difference in performance. Thinner rubber plays completely differently. Of course, this is not a store’s problem, but a manufacturer’s problem. Once again I confirmed for myself the conclusion not to buy the Rxton9...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
Read 1 reviews
I have opened a few disputes on AliExpress and they always take it seriously, I've even been given items for free and been refunded as well. They definitely are not going to say a couple of mm won't matter. Just elaborate that the product and its description doesn't match and upload some pics.

You can msg the seller first to see what they have to say and what they offer but if it's not going your way then just ask for a refund.