H3 provincial blue or orange sponge?

This user has no status.
When I first started playing tabletennis I used H3 orange sponge (commercial I think) for a long time. After a while my new club recommended me the Rasanter R42 but I don't like the feeling of it. Now I have contacts in China that play for clubs that can get provincial rubbers, so I thought of getting those. Now im thinking about whether I should get the blue or orange sponge. Im not sure if I want to boost the rubbers as it is kind of a hassle (I think?). Is there like a really big difference between those 2 (unboosted and boosted?).

1. Hurricane rubbers are meant to be boosted
2. OS or BS is personal preference if you're not national team level player. You should personally try both and see what suits you better, words are not enough here.

When I am thinking about getting blue sponge I am always reminded by the fact that around 2020-2021 Liang Jingkun switched to orange sponge on the FH and dominated Olympic games simulation inside China. That basically means that one is simply not better, but more suitable/situational than another (BS vs OS).

Try both and settle on one, your personal experience is much more than letters on the forum.

This user has no status.
When I first started playing tabletennis I used H3 orange sponge (commercial I think) for a long time. After a while my new club recommended me the Rasanter R42 but I don't like the feeling of it. Now I have contacts in China that play for clubs that can get provincial rubbers, so I thought of getting those. Now im thinking about whether I should get the blue or orange sponge. Im not sure if I want to boost the rubbers as it is kind of a hassle (I think?). Is there like a really big difference between those 2 (unboosted and boosted?).
Unboosted and boosted is a big difference!

Reactions: ttarc and bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
2. OS or BS is personal preference if you're not national team level player. You should personally try both and see what suits you better, words are not enough here.

When I am thinking about getting blue sponge I am always reminded by the fact that around 2020-2021 Liang Jingkun switched to orange sponge on the FH and dominated Olympic games simulation inside China. That basically means that one is simply not better, but more suitable/situational than another (BS vs OS).

Try both and settle on one, your personal experience is much more than letters on the forum.
I agree with this idea. I felt that the orange sponge was more lively or more supportive of a counter-based or quick game. While the blue sponge, had this greater dwell.
Now this was when I asked my coaches to boost the rubber, I myself would have to find my way of boosting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
orange has higher throw, blue lower. if you have the technique, blue is more lethal because the ball will dip more therefore harder to counter

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
It really depends on your level and how demanding you are of your rubber. Most players would not feel a huge difference between OS and BS, but there are some players that really feel the benefit of BS.

It sounds like you are fairly new, so I dont think you would find a huge benefit for BS.

Reactions: Lowday20298
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Both play well and you can choose only on your color preference ... I have used multiple of them and bosted is always the choice.... Blue sponge have more variants than OS, still I'm satisfief with OS provincial... For both.... price and feel. And otherways tg2 provincial is for me the best 40 degree ... Better for picking up back rotatiinal balls, worse on smashes and flat hits

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
A couple side comments:

1) I have always boosted my hurricane. I think it should be boosted.

2) I have always orange sponge commercial. One day when I stop EJ'ing, I want to get blue sponge, one sheet to just try it out. TT11 did a Youtube vidoe and half of the testers liked blue sponge better but the other half of the testers did not feel a difference.

3) I agree with the other poster. Why not get a sheet of orange sponge and a sheet of blue sponge, and compare it yourself.

4) Other than Liang, don't some women national team players play with orange sponge? Men's players almost all play with blue sponge. And don't forget. Just because it works for a Chinese national team player, it does not mean it works for us, mere mortals. We might not have the physique to unlock the power of Provincial or National hurricane, blue sponge.

5) Finally, a semi serious thought. If you have contact, ask for some used rubbers. I am sure that when they get provincial or national hurricane, they come good straight out of the package. I have always needed at least two weeks to physically break my hurricane in. I cannot imagine Ma Long or Fan Zhendong waste two weeks to break any rubber in. But when the rubbers are broken into and boosted with one more layer, it plays wonderfully. If you have the connection, why not get some provincial versions that are brand new with original packaging and get some rubbers that are used (I assume they might give them to you for free at this point), and try both?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
A couple side comments:

2) I have always orange sponge commercial. One day when I stop EJ'ing, I want to get blue sponge, one sheet to just try it out. TT11 did a Youtube vidoe and half of the testers liked blue sponge better but the other half of the testers did not feel a difference.

3) I agree with the other poster. Why not get a sheet of orange sponge and a sheet of blue sponge, and compare it yourself.

4) Other than Liang, don't some women national team players play with orange sponge? Men's players almost all play with blue sponge. And don't forget. Just because it works for a Chinese national team player, it does not mean it works for us, mere mortals. We might not have the physique to unlock the power of Provincial or National hurricane, blue sponge.

5) Finally, a semi serious thought. If you have contact, ask for some used rubbers. I am sure that when they get provincial or national hurricane, they come good straight out of the package. I have always needed at least two weeks to physically break my hurricane in. I cannot imagine Ma Long or Fan Zhendong waste two weeks to break any rubber in. But when the rubbers are broken into and boosted with one more layer, it plays wonderfully. If you have the connection, why not get some provincial versions that are brand new with original packaging and get some rubbers that are used (I assume they might give them to you for free at this point), and try both?
Exactly I agree with this. The TT11 testers were quite high level, and would easily beat 95% of the club players. One was Hungarian national champion I think 3 times. Some of them said they felt no difference. Some said they felt minor difference. None of them said they felt a big difference.

So I doubt you would feel a big difference, especially since you sound somewhat new to TT. But you can get 1 of each and let us know how different they feel. Each opinion is a contribution.

Also, I believe a number of the CNT women use OS on backhand.

Reactions: ben1229 and Winggie
This user has no status.

Okay, thanks for the comment! Im gonna try both and see which one fits better.

This user has no status.
A couple side comments:

Hi! Thanks for the comment. What booster do you use?

This user has no status.
Exactly I agree with this. The TT11 testers were quite high level, and would easily beat 95% of the club players. One was Hungarian national champion I think 3 times. Some of them said they felt no difference. Some said they felt minor difference. None of them said they felt a big difference.

So I doubt you would feel a big difference, especially since you sound somewhat new to TT. But you can get 1 of each and let us know how different they feel. Each opinion is a contribution.

Also, I believe a number of the CNT women use OS on backhand.
Hi, thanks for your comment. Im gonna try both and see which one fits better. Also, I have been playing for 6 years now so im not so new but I doubt that i will feel a difference if even a national champion can't feel it hahaha

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018

LJK dominate that event wasn't because. he use oj sponge on FH. it was because he use blue sponge on BH and counters everything and leave everyone confuse because no one plays blue sponge BH at the time.

May 2018
OJ and BS feels similar from the user. The biggest difference is actually from the opponent side. As an opponent, shots coming from blue sponge have a better second bounce "kick" from their loop which makes it harder for me to control and block.

Reactions: Marc and Winggie
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hi! Thanks for the comment. What booster do you use?
I have gone back and forth between regular Haifu Seamoon and Falco tempo long. Honestly, rubbers treated with either of those two curl up just the same way. Either one, after I boost with 3-4 layers, I put it on the racket, I still need about two weeks of practicing to break the rubber in. Obviously, I am too lazy to take them off after two weeks to boost again. I usually just wait a couple months when I am ready to take the rubber off to boost it one more time. That's when hurricane truly comes alive. It is soft but yet springy but not as catapulty like ESN rubbers. I don't know how to describe it.

Recently I sold two of my blades to my clubmates. Both blades have hurricane broken into already on the FH side. They love it. But that also means I need to install more hurricane on my other blades and start the process of breaking them in again. I don't really care at this point. I just want to enjoy my equipment and I have tried other hybrid rubbers. They are just not the same as hurricane.

This user has no status.
I have gone back and forth between regular Haifu Seamoon and Falco tempo long. Honestly, rubbers treated with either of those two curl up just the same way. Either one, after I boost with 3-4 layers, I put it on the racket, I still need about two weeks of practicing to break the rubber in. Obviously, I am too lazy to take them off after two weeks to boost again. I usually just wait a couple months when I am ready to take the rubber off to boost it one more time. That's when hurricane truly comes alive. It is soft but yet springy but not as catapulty like ESN rubbers. I don't know how to describe it.

Recently I sold two of my blades to my clubmates. Both blades have hurricane broken into already on the FH side. They love it. But that also means I need to install more hurricane on my other blades and start the process of breaking them in again. I don't really care at this point. I just want to enjoy my equipment and I have tried other hybrid rubbers. They are just not the same as hurricane.
Okay thanks! I see that there are different Haifu Seamoons boosters (normal, national yellow, black, white). Is there like a difference between those?

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Okay thanks! I see that there are different Haifu Seamoons boosters (normal, national yellow, black, white). Is there like a difference between those?
Yeah, the normal is a more easy version of the yellow. And as for the nationals:

The yellow is meant for feeling, enhances the elasticity and makes the rubber softer. It gives it exceptional feeling with a decent speed boost.

Black makes the rubber even harder, looses a bunch of feeling and gives tremendous speed and spin, the tradeoff is that it's extremely hard to play with, it's meant for professional players.

White is somewhere in between, it doesn't give as good feel as yellow or as much speed as the black. It gives a bit of both and is meant for serious players.

The national boosters last for about 3 to 6 months, depending on how you play, while the seamoon lasts for about 1 to 3 months, again it depends on what you do and how hard you play.