WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
haven't watched Lim vs Liang yet but Lee displays some clear tactics today
- short, low spin serve to the forehand side to limit Fan's flicking combine with fast flick to the wide backhand
- spinny mid-long serve to the backhand to force more flick errors.
- varying placement on the backhand to either stretch Fan out or pressing the middle line

Reactions: anjoooo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
i was not joking when i said Felix and Bernie are the next Olympic champs lol

TBH it looks a real possibility that SUN Yingsha and WANG Manyu will win the 2 single spots and CHEN Meng won't be allowed to defend her title
I think the coaches desire that to be honest.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
haven't watched Lim vs Liang yet but Lee displays some clear tactics today
- short, low spin serve to the forehand side to limit Fan's flicking combine with fast flick to the wide backhand
- spinny mid-long serve to the backhand to force more flick errors.
- varying placement on the backhand to either stretch Fan out or pressing the middle line
Lee had a big backhand stroke that used to break down in these situations I will atch again to see what they did to get him to match up with Fan. Fan probably couldn't adjust to the increased aggression when the stable gameplan wasn't working.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
The WTT format is just showing us that what we already knew to be true of every other sport applies in TT too, namely, you cannot be at your best all the time. You have to choose which events you really want to win, and focus on those.

That's why, once they get to a certain level, top champions become more selective about what events they compete in, and for what reason. For example, even Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, and Rafa Nadal lost matches against lower ranked players sometimes, but those losses usually happened in less important tournaments. Essentially 'warm up' tournaments which they only played to prep for the more important grand slam events.

Seriously well done to Lee SS and Lim J for their victories over FZD and LJK this afternoon! But, to keep things in perspective, those games were possibly the best I've seen Lee SS and Lim J play. Certainly among their highest level performances. On the other hand, both FZD and LJK are looking like they're playing at 60%.

China will be gearing all their prep towards Paris '24 at this stage. Let's see what happens then.

Reactions: zeio