WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
From down 4-8 in game 1, Wang Manyu won 11 straight points and 18 of 20 to take an 11-8, 11-2 lead. Hina Hayata seems convinced that she has no chance. On the upside, she's put herself in position for a great comeback.

• Sad
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
Yes, unfortunately seems like a real injury. Still, Hayata did a good job closing out game 3. Often tricky to stay focused against an injured opponent.
she didn't even get one more game. a really poor performance by Hayata. I can only praise WMY. Incredible performance to secure a win in those circumstances.

Reactions: Dr Evil
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Even Ito failed, you expect Hayata to get it done?

WS SF
WMY 4-1 Hayata
02, 12 Hayata served into the net, 22, 27, 37, 38 Hayata missed the FH, 118. 8 in a row
TT quotient is not enough. Got carried away.
40, 51, 71, 72, 112
World: How did Hayata reach the SF?
Szocs: The biggest mistake I made.

01 epic FH from Hayata but useless, 11, 13, 23, 33, 37 referee called, something wrong with WMY's left knee, medical TO, 39, 79, 710, 810, 811 semi-tomahawk serve frmo Hayata nailed it
01, 51, 52, 62, 63, 73, 75, 95 Hayata served off the table, 96 TO for WMY, 106, 108, 118
01, 21, 22, 32, 33, 43 TO for Hayata, 45 yellow to WMY for stalling, 75 slight net for WMY, 77, 117

Retire, Hayata!

• Sad
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
To be honest, the injury didn't look to be bothering WMY past the 3rd game. Was moving around fine except for maybe one point where she didn't get quite there for a backhand block. I think the more impressive thing is that WMY didn't lose focus and maintained her strong play.

Guess we'll know for sure in the Finals match if she comes out with hindered movement. Hope it's 100% by then.

This user has no status.
To be honest, the injury didn't look to be bothering WMY past the 3rd game. Was moving around fine except for maybe one point where she didn't get quite there for a backhand block. I think the more impressive thing is that WMY didn't lose focus and maintained her strong play.

Guess we'll know for sure in the Finals match if she comes out with hindered movement. Hope it's 100% by then.
yes and no

WMY positioned herself at the near and at the middle of the table to close the angles and limit her moves. her choice of shovel serve also to be ready more easily.
I think Adrenaline helps a lot and body is still warm. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no women's final tomorrow and if there is one, it would be a parody of a match.

I think HAYATA choked, she wasn't able to think clearly and find a tactic taking advantage of her opponent's handicap. She gave away a lot of points with early "unforced" mistakes in the rally.

The commentator said rightfully that both players despite being direct neighbors in the world rankings are a whole class apart...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Hayata didn't have enough success in the third ball attacks. Manyu's dynamic chiquitas, and controlling the rallies with her backhand was enough to give Hayata few chances. I'm surprised Hayata didn't try more long serves to both wings to force the issue, but they are quite risky.

says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
Feb 2023
What just happened?
6-6 in 3rd Set.
Lin Hits an edge, as it is clearly seen by the camera and also WCQ.
Lin and umpire dont See it and point to WCQ.
Wang doesnt say anything and Set goes to hım 11-6.
Unfair play by WCQ? Am I wrong? Did we miss something?
Seems like a clear point to Lin.

This user has no status.
What just happened?
6-6 in 3rd Set.
Lin Hits an edge, as it is clearly seen by the camera and also WCQ.
Lin and umpire dont See it and point to WCQ.
Wang doesnt say anything and Set goes to hım 11-6.
Unfair play by WCQ? Am I wrong? Did we miss something?
Seems like a clear point to Lin.
I saw the same thing than you

Reactions: NextLevel