WTT Champions Xinxiang 2023

This user has no status.
I watched of course FZD v LSD. What an incredible high level match.

On women's side HAYATA was only 1 point away from victory but that's so far !!! CHEN Meng saved an incredible match point. and also was down 8-10 in G2 after having lost G1. hats off to the Olympic Champion.

ITO put on a good fight against SYS but she won G1 but was never in a real position to win. She played well but its not enough against the top Chinese.

Am I the only one who is confused that Ruwen is still not banned for his racket-throwing incident?
No, I find it strange too. Apparently, decades ago, the WTT set rules that no longer apply to everyday table tennis.
After throwing the racket (almost hitting a photographer) and serving over/above the table, those are two things that are clearly tolerated now.
Ruwen just shouldn't have been there and especially Lim JH (and many others) should have had many points deducted long ago.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
No, I find it strange too. Apparently, decades ago, the WTT set rules that no longer apply to everyday table tennis.
After throwing the racket (almost hitting a photographer) and serving over the table, those are two things that are clearly tolerated now.
Ruwen just shouldn't have been there and especially Lim JH (and many others) should have had many points deducted long ago.
WTT did not exist "decades ago" ...

Reactions: NextLevel
Iemand beweerde dat er andere spelers zijn geweest die rackets hebben gegooid zonder schorsingen. Hij heeft ook niemand verwond. Het grootste probleem is waarschijnlijk dat de scheids hem geen rode of gele kaarten gaf toen het echt gebeurde.
Nee niet waar
Geel + Rood

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Both LSD and Hayata were so close to derailing a world champion.
Both lack a strong FH and their placement became predictable later in the match.

They will grow in experience over time. Great matches. Was really hoping Hayata could win
Chen Meng I guess has been an Olympic Champion, Junior World Champion and a Teams World Champion and maybe a doubles World Champion? Definitely not a singles World Champion. Too many championships to remember...

I am always perturbed when people say players like LSD and Hayata don't have strong forehands.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Reactions: Metaxa