WTT Feeder Manchester Feb 2024

This user has no status.
Shame to see Timo pull out, indeed takes the shine of the tournament as he could be seen as the outlier in the normal Feeder series competitors.

I personally think Timo enrolled to play to have a backup to gain WTT points. Maybe with his win in Doha he gained more points than anticipated so he can take a breather here, especially if he has a cold or a virus lingering.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Reactions: enoxzr and jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Oh my word, yellow card for hitting floor, followed by red for breaking ball! Liam was tight and not playing well.
He seemed to play much better after the red though running through the remaining games pretty much untroubled.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Oh my word, yellow card for hitting floor, followed by red for breaking ball! Liam was tight and not playing well.
He seemed to play much better after the red though running through the remaining games pretty much untroubled.
The pressure of being the #1 seed in your home country against foreign competitive opposition is huge. Those who succeed under those circumstances always evolve into another level. Remember that Pitchdord couldn't win the Commonwealth Games under comparable even if not exactly similar circumstances.

Reactions: AchyGeorge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
The pressure of being the #1 seed in your home country against foreign competitive opposition is huge. Those who succeed under those circumstances always evolve into another level. Remember that Pitchdord couldn't win the Commonwealth Games under comparable even if not exactly similar circumstances.
That certainly seemed to be the case in his quarter final vs Mutti today - he was out of sorts, then fell in game 2 and lost 2 and 3, then pulled out…

Having watched Allegro, Deseung, and Robles play some outstanding TT I can’t see how he’d have won this anyway..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
That certainly seemed to be the case in his quarter final vs Mutti today - he was out of sorts, then fell in game 2 and lost 2 and 3, then pulled out…

Having watched Allegro, Deseung, and Robles play some outstanding TT I can’t see how he’d have won this anyway..
He was probably injured, he used a fairly long injury timeout and it didn't help. Mutti is also a talent of sorts, just has never paid the promise of some junior highlights, but in the end it is what is.

Cho is really hard to beat, it will be interesting to see whether Allegro has anything for him. Ranfeur is another tough beast, the Swedish national team is really deep just like Germany and France, just too few spots for too many good players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
He was probably injured, he used a fairly long injury timeout and it didn't help. Mutti is also a talent of sorts, just has never paid the promise of some junior highlights, but in the end it is what is.

Cho is really hard to beat, it will be interesting to see whether Allegro has anything for him. Ranfeur is another tough beast, the Swedish national team is really deep just like Germany and France, just too few spots for too many good players.
Allegro looked very good tonight and dug in deep - I am hopeful but realistic. That match winner is the winner IMO as Mutti and Ranfeur are not in the same league.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
On the women's side, anyone who can beat Ni Xia Lian has to be ringer of sorts, so far this has been borne out.
The women’s matches were very interesting - Vivarelli fought very hard and looked good. Moret looked good but couldnt quite do enough. Lily looked sublime - quick, fluid and damn near unbeatable (IMO)

I am going with Lily in ladies and Allegro in men’s singles.

Jarvis & McBeath in mens doubles (call me a patrioptic optmemist)

Hursey & Ho ladies doubles

Reactions: AchyGeorge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The women’s matches were very interesting - Vivarelli fought very hard and looked good. Moret looked good but couldnt quite do enough. Lily looked sublime - quick, fluid and damn near unbeatable (IMO)

Hursey & Ho ladies doubles
Huang Yi-hua, the lady who beat Ni, is the favorite for me. Lily wouldn't stand a chance against Ni but that is of course a pips matchup, she might do well against Huang, but Huang also beat Pesotska, who tends to compete well with Lily. Lily is a favorite for me in her semi even as Vivarelli is having the tournament of her life, and I take Huang in the other semi vs the eternally mercurial Bajor and the final goes to Huang. I base all this on beating Ni, who is incredibly hard to beat.

Cho in Men's singles, that boy has his days but he is one-third of the future of Korean men.
I will be a patriotic Englishman just for the doubles.
I pick Ecseki and Dora for mix doubles.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Huang Yi-hua, the lady who beat Ni, is the favorite for me. Lily wouldn't stand a chance against Ni but that is of course a pips matchup, she might do well against Huang, but Huang also beat Pesotska, who tends to compete well with Lily. Lily is a favorite for me in her semi even as Vivarelli is having the tournament of her life, and I take Huang in the other semi vs the eternally mercurial Bajor and the final goes to Huang. I base all this on beating Ni, who is incredibly hard to beat.

Cho in Men's singles, that boy has his days but he is one-third of the future of Korean men.
I will be a patriotic Englishman just for the doubles.
I pick Ecseki and Dora for mix doubles.
Huang just absolutely destroyed by Bajor - unbelievable performance by Bajor with world class BH and Huang very poor in not avoiding it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Lily Zhang is playing great. She can still lose, but her mental game is strong!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Cho Daeseong - what a player, was levels above!!!!!. Lilly came back strong after the first end. Was great to watch up close!
He was incredible - but I was super impressed with Ranefur from coming though qualifying to the final. Great attitude and one of the best BH’s I have seen for a long time. I think he will go far..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023

Hursey & Ho ladie
He was incredible - but I was super impressed with Ranefur from coming though qualifying to the final. Great attitude and one of the best BH’s I have seen for a long time. I think he will go far..
I always knew cho was going to win