WTTC Competition

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
How would you make the sport of Table Tennis more media friendly and exciting to the public?

I think Table Tennis offers good fundamentals too be media friendly, exciting and entertaining. It is very fast, actually the fastes racketsport regarding of reaction time. But why is Table Tennis not broadcasted on TV ?
I think because laymen do not understand the game. They don't know how complex every stroke is. They don't know how much spin is in the ball and how difficult it is to read the spin and to answer with the right stroke. If a layman saw table tennis he would only see two supposed proffessional players who miss the ball every five seconds.
But I believe rule changes will not help too, for example to increase the ball to 44mm. The game would become slower but laymen would still not understand the spin.
In China everyone knows the rotation of the ball. That's why so many can watch Table Tennis there. In Europe only the real players understand the spin and comprehend the pro's. In addition to that too many people in Europe think that Table tennis is no sport. They think you don't have too move and table tennis is not exhausting. They only have the typical image in their mind: a table in the basement
But how can we resolve the ignorants?
This question overchallenges me :D You can't force people to play and to understand table tennis and the ITTF has no money to start ad campaings ... I think the world needs a player who can beat the chinese with a win rate of 70%. If Boll won the WTTC 2011 a boom would arose.
I am sure about that. Even Rossi and Fetzner arosed a little boom in Germany and that was only a double title ;)

In Short:
Problem: People do not understand the game
We need a person who can beat the chinese and can win WTTC or Olympia.

But all in all, we should be happy with this situation. There are still some sport that even don't have a live stream or so many great youtube videos.. and we will have 3 live streams + a chat room for WTTC 2011. This is great!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
If you want to make our amazing sport friendly to the public, get the sport out to the public! Let's hold exhibitions at sporting goods stores, malls, ect. You could even get to school administators about doing one in a school gym to get more kids involved! The future of the sport depends on them, and that would be the fastest way. Fliers could be handed out with info on clubs, training, ect. Imagine if you were in school or a mall and saw an exhibition going on!? I know I would have been in the sport a long time ago before I got into it! While doing these croud friendly venues, invite the local media such as newspaper or TV station to cover it. Get the clubs best out there to put on a great show, and you will get more members than you can sake a stick at! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
"How would you make the sport of Table Tennis more media friendly and exciting to the public"

In order to make TT more popular and exciting, we must first start by making it friendly in schools. In my school, where there are around 3500 students, only about 75 of them play ping pong. This is a very small percentage and I would not be too far off to say that other almost every other high school in America also lacks serious TT players. I have already tried to spread the word about ping pong, by organizing tournaments and inviting people to come to the local club every week. I believe everyone needs to start doing this, because if teenagers are more interested in the sport, then popularity will rise dramatically. TT might actually become a trending topic on internet sites such as facebook or twitter.

Another thing that could be very important is the lack of skilled players in America. I am the best in my area, and I can confidently say that I am not that great whatsoever. I try my best to teach others and encourage them to buy a table and learn to play the game. This is important because when people first start playing ping pong, they find it frustrating when they hit the ball and it flies off into the air. There needs to be more players who are good at the game to teach newer people and encourage them to be interested in TT.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
"How would you make the sport of Table Tennis more media friendly and exciting to the public"

If I had the power to do something good about making TT more exciting to the public then I will ask the companies to lower the prices who make the TT equipments. I belong to middle class family and I can't afford to buy a good racquet like this because there are so many people in this world with great talent but less money. I'd open chain of clubs in every city and provide a very good environment. I'd force ITTF to have contracts with TV channels and have live stream for every single match of the tournament. Here, in China the TT coaches are lil expensive. I'd lower that cost that many people can afford to Hire a coach. There are some ping pong academies in major cities and people don't have access to the academy because of so many reasons, I'd open a campus in every city.
There is one channel provided by local company in my city over here in China, that has live stream of ping pong and badminton everyday. I think that's not good enough because they play ping pong for 4 hours and badminton for 8 hours. There should be more time. We can arrange many local smaller tournaments and invite our friends to sign up for the tournaments. We need a lot of table and paddles provided in public places for the entertainment of local peoples.
there are still a lot of things to do but right now only these points came to my mind.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The question: "How would you make the sport of Table Tennis more media friendly and exciting to the public", is a challenging one to address. In the U. S. A. people have been trying to figure out how to make a sport like soccer (football for people not from the U. S. A.) have more of a media presence and in the U. S. there is a similar problem. I think the issue needs to be addressed in a few ways. The first is getting more people playing the sport. When people have more of an awareness of the sport and the subtleties of the sport, it is natural that they start watching more matches. When I first started playing more seriously almost two years ago, I did not really understand what I was looking at when I saw top players in a match. I could not really tell the difference between the real thing and those staged matches where there are longer rallies and one player is smashing the ball while another player is playing defense and the two players are putting on a show. Now I can. :)

I play at a club where people play and train seriously, but I also like to play at some local bars that have tables. Often, at these local pubs, regular people who think they are good because they never saw anyone who knew how to play, will see me playing and think they can beat me. If I am nice to them and do not play hard, they will walk away thinking that they actually had a chance and only lost by a few points. If I play a little harder they may end up being upset or frustrated by the realization that they have no chance. Often what I do with this kind of player, rather than just playing hard and leaving them without any points, or just being nice to them, I will play a certain amount of the points where I am being nice and then I will show them how, using different spins, I can get them to hit the ball up (heavy topspin), to the left or right (sidespin) or down (backspin). And then I will show them how I can use those spins to cause them to set it up so I can put the ball away on them. Then I will play nice again. The education ends up making them realize that there is more to the game than they originally realized. And I think that is one of the big issues in getting people to watch these kinds of events.

Someone who has not played enough Table Tennis to understand some of the subtleties of the sport, and I think it has more subtleties than any other sport out there (I am a yoga teacher - there is a lot of subtlety in what you are doing under the surface in yoga, I was a professional in-line skater, there is a lot of subtlety in how you generate speed and hight on a ramp). But if people play, they will naturally want to watch and see what the best players in the world are doing. And if you understand some of the subtleties of the sport, more of what you see will make sense. I think, sometimes when people watch matches with pros, they wonder why a player will miss a shot that looks like it should have been easy. As you start understanding how spin is used in the sport, you understand what happened when a player goes to hit a shot and the ball hits the net or goes off to the left or right. And instead of seeing that as one player messing up, you start seeing the skill and deception of the other player.

So the question ends up being: how to get more people playing this amazing sport at a higher level?

The first issue would be getting Table Tennis into schools, as part of the physical education program. This would take some work getting people to realize the benefits of bringing a low cost sport like Table Tennis into the school systems. One angle that could help this initiative is the high level thinking, processing and problem solving that is part of reading an opponent's spin and countering it. This is a sport where thinking and using your intelligence is at least as important as physical abilities.

Another thing would be, making it so there was more access to facilities to play in, outside of schools. When I was skating there was a large movement to get local governments to help fund and build free outdoor skateparks, in public parks, so that people had places to skate. Creating places like that (perhaps not outdoors with Table Tennis) which provide a forum for people to play would be really useful.

The next thing would be to increase the level of play of the top players of countries other than China. China puts a lot of money into the sport and wants to be the best in the world. They have earned the fact that 5 of the top 6 players are from China and 6 of the top 10. In an interview I listened to, Ma Lin said that Europe would never catch up to China as long as they mainly practiced in clubs rather than having teams. The Chinese team works together to get better. China does not care which player wins the World Championships as long as the winner (men, women and team) is from China. If they get their way, they would like the semifinals to be an all China affair as well. If different countries worked for that kind of team effort, their level of play would be more likely to improve but that might also take some government involvement.

I know the top players in the U. S. A. are not even on the charts as far as world ranking is concerned. The U. S. lags so far behind the rest of the world as far as level of play, and a lot of people in this country do not see Table Tennis as a real sport so much as a game. This could be changed with a little government involvement and some real, organized training for the top prospects.

With that, events at these local centers, where people are playing, and at schools with the top professionals, more tournaments, and media involvement, so that the kids playing in school see top athletes playing and want to see more, and the top athletes have a forum for improving and a reason to want to increase their skill level, these things would go together to increase the demand for media coverage of the sport, and increase the desirability for corporate sponsors and commercial sales on televised events.

Sorry this is so long but I do think it would take a large effort in several directions to increase public interest in different venues for Table Tennis to be viewed and enjoyed, through the media by the public.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
1.Have the World championships every year..(individual) ..Reduce the number of pro tour which are poorly attended and have a definate,prestigeous major world event every year.....The Worlds..This will definately be on tv..major tv...coverage.means more sponsors more prize money more publicity...

I have had people say this will cheapen the woerld..Eh! Wimbledon,the masters,the open,Formula 1,Euro league, all massive money spinners played every year,are they cheapened ? of course not,,if anything they have more history, more kudos,more money and more coverage,,That is what were after is nt it.

The Ittf needs a major rethink of the tournament season..The European championships have gone to a yearly tournament..Why? To get the sport to more countries,more people see it more countries have the chance to run a MAJOR tourney..more coverage more sponsors etc etc...

How about the world team played on the Davis cup basis,,every year...? So four majors in a year euro and pro tour finals..., the world single,team, for the asian players the 3 plus the asian championships..so in theory you could have a grand slam winnner...more prestige...

The pro tour should be cut to only the big countries where the crowds will come,say germany,china,japan,korea,france,make alll the top players enter these and have a smaller pro satellite tour for the emerging countries..

England was classed as a major pro tour,,,but the lack of crowd means we should be downgraded until we can get bums on seats... Get a major here to build the sport up this could be done with the prestigeous tourneys...I think weve got the world cup this year..A good start.

2.Get the crowd on top of the court...It seems to me the ITTf are having a competition to see how far away they can place the crowd....Get the seats onto the barriers,the euro asia was a prime example of this...creating a great atmosphere.Check out the snooker,the crowd can almost touch the players at the cruicible..

3.Get old legends commentating,contraversial comments,like in football,summarises,,,get commentators to cover the points al la Sid waddell and NOT do a coaching lesson or patronise people watching...get excited...come on man.......

4.How are the Germans so succesful? even when Sweden were in their pomp the Germans and to an extent the French were not far behind..How,,They have clubs in every town ,with a paid coach in every club..Im sure some funding comes from the government,,Thus having a face a person always available,the club is always open ,give the kids somewhere to play and be coached and they will come..( field of dreams lol.)

5. TT is on tv quite a bit in the usa, not matches but in programmes,,,it seems to be cool with the flm star music set,,,Susan Sarandons club set the tone,should we make it more cool,have nightclub type tt centres? Get film stars to major events...I know loads are playing now,,pay them to come ,,get them on the tv...why they like tt,,where they play...Get the sport some coverage,some coolness...

Wimbledon is a place for these people to be seen ,half of them dont even play... get the ones who do play to MAJOR TT event...not Mickey Mouse...

6.If its on tv ,get the place filled ,,,even if it means free tickets to schoolkids,,oaps,, anyone as long as its almost full....Pay someone to do this!! If there not succesful get someone else..

7.Target all of these majors..and make sure they are on tv..Promote this fact...Top 12 on ..euros on,, worlds on...promote it,, make it the same week every year..so ..it might be in a different city,,,...but its always on around the same time....

8. If you want to see Boll in the indivuduals..get to Rotterdam because the next world individual will not be back in europe for 4 years ill say that again 4 years...how can a sport become mega popular if you can only see the players on your continent every four years....come on on ...sort it,,,,france 1 year china the next,england the next,japan, then germany,,the world team could be in europe when the singles are in asia...come on we need coverage,,need prestigeous tournaments...pressure... world champions...not pro tour champion...half the top players dont even get to finals as there concentrating on "proper events"

9.If you look at the ping project it seems most people love tt, we could be a cool sport,,the tables are jazzed up now,the clothing is becoming more fashionable..etc

get tables into the open air free and accesible...not just in London...spread the gospel....keep the faith my friends..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Living in the United States, there isn't much excitement about Table Tennis. Frankly, here, basement games are what people think of, not the sport that Table Tennis, as we know, truly is.

One of the best ways to make Table Tennis more media friendly is to get clubs to run tournaments donating proceeds to charity organizations. This way, especially here, you get reports on the news that normally show a few good rallies. This raises the game to people so much here, in an instant people go from basement play to weak high loops, people ask me for help learning to better play at school. I share with them a match on my Ipod (usually Timo Vs. Joo at the Korea Open 2010 (thank you TableTennisDaily!)). Many of those people start watching matches on youtube (many prefer TableTennisDaily highlights), others who get more ambitious start watching matches on the ittf tv site.

Another great, long term, way is to get young kids involved. Our club hosts an organization called Big Brothers Big Sisters, which is an organization that pairs kids with an adult 'mentor' who can act as a role model and enable the child see the world in a more positive light. My coach and me have a quick exhibition match (normally one game and a lot of lobbing, which makes great points for spectators), before showing them some game basics, how to serve, how to lift, how to hit, how to just get the ball back, ect. Then we hand out a bunch of hobby paddles, (mostly with about 1.5 sponge, very controlled) and help them and their mentors individually for a few hours. Again, this gives us a few minutes on all of the local (and once state) news channels, (which showed me lobbing against my coach) and a group of four (two kids and their mentors) playing doubles.

I would really love to see this wonderful sport become more media friendly, especially in the United States, so that maybe we can develop a group of World-Class players, and maybe even take the game to a higher level.

This user has no status.
Ha ha... american people think baseball is exciting..lol......bit of english sarcasm....sorry...
Only joking......I worked in America for 12 weeks as a soccer coach...and had not really watched baseball,,it took a few weeks to slowly get into it,,,I say into it,,,
it was on in every bar,,,and I mean every bar we went into ,,and we were out every night....
so tv overkill is prob the best way to get people to watch it.(any sport i suppose).
I was a connosiuer by the 12th week...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Events that glorify the game will surely grab attention more, making it more likely to be picked up and spread around by the media. For example, the Killerspin Spinvitational events brought high level players to a hip setting for tt, which was then broadcasted on TV.

This user has no status.
"How would you make the sport of Table Tennis more media friendly and exciting to the public?"

More advertising on TV like: which sport is the fastest one? table tennis!! :D

the angle shouldnt be only the top view. they could change it to the side view angle( like tabletennisphoto on youtube ) and change it again. the side view angle makes more interessting.

this sport is quite cheaper than tennis :S

you shouldnt make many advertising at the beginning. you should start with a little bit and then more and more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
It simply, it need just CASH. If the tournament and sponsor were here and you can live of table tennis like
football or tennis, the youngest were considered table tennis like real sport and not like entertainment. If the demand are
here to see table tennis the media we show it but now the demand it not here in America .

Thank

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
"How would i make table tennis more media friendly to the public"
I think the reason most people dont like table tennis or doesnt take it serious is because they dont think of it as a sport which they could get fit in. If more world class table tennis events were shown on TV then more people would acknowledge table tennis as a sport, not just a game called "ping pong" which you dont have to be fit to play. If they were more clubs and outdoor tables everywhere, more people would start playing this brilliant sport for fun or at a high level. The main reason that football is the most popular sport in the world is because everyone can play it and they can play it where ever they want, whereas in table tennis you need an actual table to play properly, therefore there should be more outdoor tables so more people can enjoy the sport called table tennis.

Another reason is maybe because the chinese dominance in table tennis, if the chinese teaches their tactics and techniques to Europe, then Europe would have much better players and the game would be more spread out across the world, influencing more European youngsters.

Don

This user has no status.

Don

This user has no status.
Mar 2011

I would try to branch out table tennis to other televised sports channels not only broadcast it majority in china and some european countries but to countries like the united states, canada, and south american countries, so we can try to increase the awareness and legitimacy of the sport called table tennis. If we can show the public the true competitive and social side to table tennis I think a lot of people will take table tennis more seriously. What I do personally is I try to teach table tennis players that are lower skill level then I some tips and advice to become a better table tennis player and by the end of the session they see how much they improved and are more eager to become better. Also, I better if you had some influential people sponsor the sport then it'll gain popularity faster. Those are my ideas and I hope I could help. By the way I typed this with one hand I broke my right hand a few days ago, but that didn't stop my love for table tennis I play table tennis with my left (non-dominant) hand and also serve with the same hand i hit and play shakehand apposed to my regular penhold style on my right hand :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I suggest that here in the Philippines, the local government should also participate or sponsor in any district, barangay, or city event competition that can be held in any malls , which they don't charge for using the place for table tennis tournament because of attracting customers and patrons, age group and class level selection should be chosen so that all can participate and enjoy the game as well as beneficial in scholarship selection and physical fitness for all ages.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011

I think that many people have a false image of the sport table tennis.
They think it's easy. But table tennis is far from easy.
When the students have heard from my class that I play table tennis, they jus

I think we need to show the whole world how much fun this sport can do. And I think that it is feasible. Shown in the news about table tennis. In the newspaper simply reporting about table tennis. All this is not difficult, but nevertheless is table tennis neglected.

For me, table tennis is more than a sport.
It is my life, and that is important for this sport.
I just hope that table tennis will be famous in the next few years.

Players like Waldner, Saive, Samsonov, Boll are big idols of mine.
And these players can have with their other young people to show what this sport means.
How many emotions stuck in the sport of it.

AND THEN WE DEFEAT THE CHINAS :)

sofar, kevin!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011

Hi every body,
First, wish you healthier and stronger!
My body came big and my waist came fat. I plan to play sports .
I tried football but it needs a lot of moves, a team and cost for ground expensive. I tried volleyball but I meet the same problem. One day, I saw my colleagues playing ping pong and I tried it. Oh, it is easy to hold the bat hitting the ball, and it needs one partner play together and a small table in a small ground, that is nice condition. So I invited a friend to play with me three day a week, two hours a day. Playing ping pong don’t need to move lots but require you use all your part of body, I shake my waist always. And six month later my waist is thin and I move faster. That is wonderful! So I have saved money and buy a second hand blade. Now I like table tennis very much.
Shake your hand, shake your hand, shake your waist, shake your waist. Practices more when you can, your life will be better, your health will be good.
If you are newbie, and you wish a powerful and beautiful technique. I advise you to see this series "Video tutorial play table tennis", capacity of 2.4G,50 exercises, that is the best table tennis guide i have ever seen. You can down here:
By torrent- http://www.torrentdownloads.net/torrent/1652113124/Video+tutorial+play+table+tennis
To download, first you must download the Bittorrent program, install it, and open Bittorrent-> add torrent-> open folder where you save torrent file, click on the torrent file, the program will automatically download all the movies for you.
By mediafire. The series are arranged from basic to advance skill (i reuped)
BASIC skill
episode 1-5
Moves
http://www.mediafire.com/?fgnpciat5hkp9ri
http://www.mediafire.com/?eacdv9y999cmoop
http://www.mediafire.com/?oul83s9pnbrouq2

http://www.mediafire.com/?05sbqb144mq67hv
http://www.mediafire.com/?dtjz4sgyj48uszx
episode 6-10
http://www.mediafire.com/?dsnc11qjzc7ehah
http://www.mediafire.com/?8f12b3sbf3q22e9
http://www.mediafire.com/?j27mirire612w7e
http://www.mediafire.com/?perhxy5vdvxnr4c
http://www.mediafire.com/?a4jsug3uigfbvb6
Advance skill
episode 11-15
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pbou6t...3po/dhppq11.rm
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g08nn7...4p4/dhppq12.rm
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2y15qi...tcj/dhppq13.rm
http://www.mediafire.com/file/55j4v4...m46/dhppq14.rm
http://www.mediafire.com/?7e7g1clgd27lwyu
episode 16-20
http://www.mediafire.com/?jhfsj56ubcu2o01
http://www.mediafire.com/?6i0pf6bqbvlav59
http://www.mediafire.com/?omwcpz8dd5dk7k2
http://www.mediafire.com/?vxog8gtpvxrvocl
http://www.mediafire.com/?kk95xio8nd32v2t
episode 21-25
http://www.mediafire.com/?1o5nw7q0f142ef8
http://www.mediafire.com/?yafgyi4w6apankf
http://www.mediafire.com/?mrrq41wgdtniox4
http://www.mediafire.com/?6mpwe6dn17isc7r
http://www.mediafire.com/?mf4zao1fja846f4
episode 26-30
http://www.mediafire.com/?33i9ixq3i9x64h9
http://www.mediafire.com/?6kb4qdfltm6zd6o
http://www.mediafire.com/?3d38hg7c1n9ccla
http://www.mediafire.com/?tcqd44wpx1954i7
http://www.mediafire.com/?v4pd06x69ciimh6
Combination skill
episode 31-35
http://www.mediafire.com/?8g8m817bmtclnhj
http://www.mediafire.com/?nk4b2ocm5com38i
http://www.mediafire.com/?jdk1ekbobhue0u6
http://www.mediafire.com/?78i5ssljxsmqsax
http://www.mediafire.com/?36pgn6egwewip0s
episode 36-40
http://www.mediafire.com/?ehu8181vuoqh5oa
http://www.mediafire.com/?zd1gb5i86ccey4n
http://www.mediafire.com/?qbxhd1x8gwco116
Moves and hit ball
http://www.mediafire.com/?b6a435at2ufc2ca

http://www.mediafire.com/?3v62424w2rcvwbl
episode 41-45
http://www.mediafire.com/?y9uybnai3572e22
http://www.mediafire.com/?7guy2m7qgjm08gs
http://www.mediafire.com/?sdnb7aa5x0wpjxx
http://www.mediafire.com/?sdvvneqini4io4v
http://www.mediafire.com/?68g7g5zwcb0tb23
episode 46-50
http://www.mediafire.com/?ym5ntxarlroqnnl
http://www.mediafire.com/?8gk09rybtckn8jh
http://www.mediafire.com/?dlc9cfrlflk8xfy
http://www.mediafire.com/?ndra2wapn5z576s
http://www.mediafire.com/?44lxdu5ac2nleut
To play this meadia, you download the Realplayer program (http://vn.real.com/), install it, and open programe -> open folder you saved the movies.
Let's try it and you will get useful approach!
Have fun!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
First a critic to this award system: Many forum members have posted very interesting answers which are the perfect way to improve Table Tennis (from here on TT) image, but without effort, a less witted member can read these answers and reformulate them and with a little bit of luck improve them without being original nor keen. So the answers should have been delivered through PM.
Also, once I finished writing my answer I noticed that I wrote many words, maybe more than every other post, so you should have also limited the amount of words in the answer.

Now regarding the question:

My Answer is:

First of all, make regular people understand how funny, complicated, physically demanding, sophisticated and technically this sport is. Why?
Because when they hear about TT they can only think in two people passing the ball effortless and endlessly on a crappy table using hardbats down in the basement or at the back of a lousy bar, and when they play it, they play it like that! So how can they became interested in such an easy and undemanding sport?
When they see two good players (not necessary pros, just average federation players), they cant understand the spin part of the game, but they sure can get surprised with the speed, but not surprised enough to admit that there might be more than meets the eye in TT.
As a TT instructor, I´ve seen how people´s mind change their conception of TT when they first grab a decent blade with spin capable rubbers and they start a drill or trying to impart spin on the ball and find themselves incapable of doing it or unable to control it. Their faces show surprise and a smile, because they cant believe the "infinite" options that now emerge from this so called "easy sport".

So all in all, start doing exhibitions and one day training camps for average people, where they can "learn" and behold the true skills needed for this sport, at least this way you make this sport more exciting for people.

Secondly, to make it more media friendly there´s got to be a way to reach TV coverage, because youtube cant cope with the mission of reaching every single person in the world, at least not yet. But TV coverage of the Pro Tour´s matches isn´t enough, because as I previuosly wrote, regular people wont understand what they are seeing or at least they wont regard on how difficult it is. So as in tenis or many other sports, insight comments and stadistical/physical data must be provided to the viewers so they learn how many revolutions or how fast the ball was hit, etc...

Did I make myself clear? I certainly hope so :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I think we should use a more dynamic camera angle like it was used on German Open 2010:

In my opinion, it looks more vivid and dynamic. I can get a feeling for how they move away/to/sidewards to the table.

Also, I would use two-colour balls. I hope, that (Pro)Players can better see the rotation in each service. Consequently the spectators can see longer rallyes!