Xiom new collection (2024)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I tried this yesterday from a club player - glued on a W968. The Vega Pro H is softer than I thought, lively, bouncy, no tacky at all. But I didn't feel anything special from it.
Have you tried Glayzer 09, to compare them? ThanksTableTennis in his video compared both of them. Are they really similar, cause they are different in hardness, and in other aspect I am not aware.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hey @longle, any chance you can compare it with Vega Pro or/and Vega X?
Have you tried Glayzer 09, to compare them? ThanksTableTennis in his video compared both of them. Are they really similar, cause they are different in hardness, and in other aspect I am not aware.
hi, I haven't played Vega Pro and Vega X, but I used G09c before so I can compare them: G09c feels firmer, much slower, more tacky. very deadly close to table. The Pro H is powerful mid-distance but close to table it's a bit hard to control, I guess because of the W968, on a slower blade it would be fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
The Pro H is powerful mid-distance but close to table it's a bit hard to control, I guess because of the W968, on a slower blade it would be fine.
This is simply wrong. The Vega Pro H is very controlled like the regular Vega Pro just with a slightly sticky modern topsheet.

This is a rubber that will not turn a lot of heads, because it is so close the the classic Vega Pro.

Reactions: longle and kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
It seems like both the Hugo HAL and the Hugo SAL are both being discontinued (according to XIOM), even though the HAL still appears in the catalogue.

It‘s really too bad, because that‘s my favourite blade. What confuses me more is the lack of options (for me personally), most premium blades that they now sell are either completly oversized or just way too fast for ~intermediate players.

Last edited:
Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
It seems like both the Hugo HAL and the Hugo SAL are both being discontinued (according to XIOM), even though the HAL still appears in the catalogue.

It‘s really too bad, because that‘s my favourite blade. What confuses me more is the lack of options (for me personally), most premium blades that they now sell are either completly oversized or just way too fast for ~intermediate players.
Wait where does it say that it's being discontinued?
Why would they remove their highest ranking player's signature blade?
Is he switching to that TMX Pro named for him?

The oversize definitely makes it's popularity low, which is why I'm excited for Lee Seungsoo's.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Wait where does it say that it's being discontinued?
Why would they remove their highest ranking player's signature blade?
Is he switching to that TMX Pro named for him?

The oversize definitely makes it's popularity low, which is why I'm excited for Lee Seungsoo's.
Xiom is coming up with many pro versions, and xiom is famous for discontinuing its popular products

Reactions: longrange
says Aliexpress addicted
says Aliexpress addicted
Apr 2022

1713182781135.png

Actually, it seems that only SAL is being scrapped and replaced by Hugo TMX.

BTW is Hugo HAL really worth? I'm planning to switch from my Sturo ZLC Harimoto.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
View attachment 29334

Actually, it seems that only SAL is being scrapped and replaced by Hugo TMX.

BTW is Hugo HAL really worth? I'm planning to switch from my Sturo ZLC Harimoto.
I thought so too, so I asked Xiom Europe specifically, they told me both the HAL and SAL are being discontinued.

No idea why because the blade seemed to sell well. And, Hugo still seems to use the blade during the World Cup in Macao.

To answer your question, the blade is really worth it. Great build quality and moderate speed (off-) with fantastic control, I am using it with H3 Neo.

I really hope it is not true regarding the discontinuation because Xiom does not offer any alternative for the HAL. The other composite blades they have are way faster. Might be that this is also just a Europe-specific thing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kindof99 and lipt0n
says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
Quick fact everyone. I just asked xiom and after a few msg and days later, they replied as follow :” his contact was terminated due to the player’s failure to comply the contract”
IMG_6203.png
So seems like an jaehyun is not a xiom sponsor player anymore. No wonder he’s been using again the w968 lately in recent tournaments including current World Cup. He’s not even using the xiom omega 7 pro on bh as before.