Xiom Vega series

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I find the X have durability issue. The Pro has better durability.

Vega China is a H3 alternative, perfect for FH.

I agree Vega Eu goes well with fast blade. Its touch and control is amazing.
May be some batch issue. I have been using Vega X for 5 months and I think I can still use it for 2 months more. I play around 6-8 hours a week. I used O7P earlier, and I found that it also had some issues when I switched to the second sheet. My second sheet started showing erosion in 3 months.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
Need a phd to understand 1 series of rubbers from Xiom.
Korea isn't even on the list
SPO and LPO can come off the list too.

Vega China has 2 versions, they only listed one.
Vega DEF isn't on there, so isn't the i-Switch series.

I actually like the Vega series more than the Omega series. Price is good. Performance (for price) is brilliant.

Maybe should look at the main HQ website. The Europe one isn't updated for months...

Omega VII Euro is just awesome. My coach has it on a Bfly Power 7 and feeling was superb. Unfortunately an Omega VII Euro costs almost double than Vega Europe!🤣

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Thanks to everyone's inpute. Very invaluable.

I have X and Europe. I am waiting for Pro, Japan and Asia to arrive.

Of note, I have Rakza 7 soft and Vega Europe. I do feel that Vega Europe is softer than Rakza 7 soft. It could be due to two issues. Maybe Europe has softer top sheet. Or the catapult effect of Rakza 7 soft is stronger than Vega Europe's.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Thanks to everyone's inpute. Very invaluable.

I have X and Europe. I am waiting for Pro, Japan and Asia to arrive.

Of note, I have Rakza 7 soft and Vega Europe. I do feel that Vega Europe is softer than Rakza 7 soft. It could be due to two issues. Maybe Europe has softer soft sheet. Or the catapult effect of Rakza 7 soft is stronger than Vega Europe's.
I use Vega Europe and FX-S on my blade and although FX-S is 40 degrees it feel much harder than Vega Europe due to the top sheet. It's very likely that Vega Europe has also a very soft top sheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
May be some batch issue. I have been using Vega X for 5 months and I think I can still use it for 2 months more. I play around 6-8 hours a week. I used O7P earlier, and I found that it also had some issues when I switched to the second sheet. My second sheet started showing erosion in 3 months.
Interesting. It does sound like batch issue

I've played a few Vega rubbers; China, Korea, Europe, and Japan. Korea is by far the spinniest. I'm playing Korea now, it's very good. However, I'm questioning the durability. 5 weeks in and the rubber is getting weird cracks around the edge. The rubber has gotten quite a bit softer over the 5 weeks as well. I don't like that. Europe was way to soft for me, didn't like it at all. Japan was good, but the ball slips with even the slights amount of moisture on the topsheet, don't recommend it. I played China for 2 or 3 years back when I was around 1400 -1600 level. It was a long time ago. China lasts for ever. Even though it's 54 degrees, it feels softer in actual play. It's actually a really good rubber. I'm surprised it doesn't get more recommendations. Next time I see it on sale, I may pick it up and see if I still like it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I've played a few Vega rubbers; China, Korea, Europe, and Japan. Korea is by far the spinniest. I'm playing Korea now, it's very good. However, I'm questioning the durability. 5 weeks in and the rubber is getting weird cracks around the edge. The rubber has gotten quite a bit softer over the 5 weeks as well. I don't like that. Europe was way to soft for me, didn't like it at all. Japan was good, but the ball slips with even the slights amount of moisture on the topsheet, don't recommend it. I played China for 2 or 3 years back when I was around 1400 -1600 level. It was a long time ago. China lasts for ever. Even though it's 54 degrees, it feels softer in actual play. It's actually a really good rubber. I'm surprised it doesn't get more recommendations. Next time I see it on sale, I may pick it up and see if I still like it.
Got it. Thank you for your feedback. I am still waiting to see if Xiom Vega Korea will go on sales at TT11 or Dandoy. North American retailers' pricing on ESN rubbers is not competitive at all. Not when TT11 or Dandoy apply that 30% bulk discount.

I have tried X and Europe. I need to digest the Japan, Pro and Vega arriving this week and next week.

Korea sounds like, from the other thread, has very high tension technology. That to me is very interesting. But as you said, it leads to some cracks around the edges.

I am looking for BH rubber so I have not thought much about China. I will keep that in mind in the future!

I will also be curious as to how the pricing is for Korea compared to other rubbers in the Vega series.

Reactions: ericd937
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
So I went through Victas V > 15 Limber and it is a bit soft for me. Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 43 also a bit soft. I am surprised because the sponge is harder than my favorite BH rubber right now, Rakza 7 soft.

Somehow Rakza 7 soft has this catapult effect that the Victas and Gewo rubbers do not have. I am going to put Victas and Gedo rubbers on some other testing blades coming up.

Today I put Xiom Vega Pro on one carbon blade and Xiom Vega Asia on another carbon blade. I will see how they play on my backhand.

Preliminary testing against the robot shows that the Pro makes a distinct "Tenergy" clicking sound. Asia does not make such a sound. I will see how I like them in the next week or two.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
So I went through Victas V > 15 Limber and it is a bit soft for me. Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 43 also a bit soft. I am surprised because the sponge is harder than my favorite BH rubber right now, Rakza 7 soft.

Somehow Rakza 7 soft has this catapult effect that the Victas and Gewo rubbers do not have. I am going to put Victas and Gedo rubbers on some other testing blades coming up.

Today I put Xiom Vega Pro on one carbon blade and Xiom Vega Asia on another carbon blade. I will see how they play on my backhand.

Preliminary testing against the robot shows that the Pro makes a distinct "Tenergy" clicking sound. Asia does not make such a sound. I will see how I like them in the next week or two.
I played Vega Pro for a very long time and I also had one Vega Asia rubber. Vega Asia has exactly the same sponge as Vega Pro and topsheet of similar quality, but it has much fewer spikes on the topsheet!!!, due to which it is lighter in the first place, secondly it feels much softer and has a much lower ejection angle and a completely different grip feeling with the ball. I completely agree with Tony and as far as I understand Vega Pro this was an attempt to make an analogue of Tenergy 05, Vega Europe - Tenergy 05Fx, and Vega Asia - Tenergy 64, which also has less pips / pimples less often. Why Xiom actually called Vega Asia, I still cannot understand, since it is not Asia at all. I have only one explanation, that at that time Zhang Jike was playing backhand Tenergy 64.

This user has no status.
I like the Omega 5 series more than the Vega, cause it's less bouncy. The O5 Europe has a harder topsheet, so it feels much harder than the sponge is. Very nice for blocking and conter attacking via BH.
I tried O7 Euro, it matches same description as your. Very good rubber as well.

Reactions: 40+
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
If you search for a really hard rubber, make a try with Omega 5 Asia

Hi job59, welcome to TTD. I've ordered the Vega X, red 2.0, for the BH - I don't want really hard rubber for the BH, as you can imagine. I play with G-1 now and it's very good, it is durable, it has all I need, however I played Rakza X before it, and I slighthly prefer the RX over G-1, it is a bit more direct, a tiny bit harder, a bit faster, bit lower throw, bit better for blocking, maybe bit worse for open-ups. I can live well with both on the BH, but there is so many choices that it is quite hard to achieve this certainty - yes, this and nothing else - like marriage ;-) So, on the FH I'm quite happy, on the BH I like to "try within range". So I hope Vega X will be something like Rakza X. The thing is, with me it is slow, if the G-1 holds, then I'll put the Vega X on mid-season in December... Cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I like the Omega 5 series more than the Vega, cause it's less bouncy. The O5 Europe has a harder topsheet, so it feels much harder than the sponge is. Very nice for blocking and conter attacking via BH.
I like my rubber bouncey like Rakza 7 soft bouncy but not too bouncy like T05fx bouncy.

So I tried Xiom Vega Pro the other day. I know why people compared it to Tenergy 05. Xiom Vega Pro does not have as much catapult effect compared to Rakza 7 soft at lower speed but its throw angle is higher so I have to keep my paddle angle a bit closed. I am still trying to get used to it. We will see how the experiment goes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
So I have six carbon blades (same maker and same model). All of them have hurricane on the FH side. The BH sides are Rakza 7 soft; Rakza X soft.; C-1; Vega Pro; Vega Europe and Vega Asia.

I like Rakza 7 soft the most. It has the most catapult effect. Rakza X soft is basically Rakza 7 soft but slightly faster and slightly lower arc. They are really interchangeable for the most part. I like C-1 there as well.

Today I played with Vega Asia for an hour at the club. It feels quite nice. It is not as catapulty as Rakza 7 soft but my BH adjusts it with no problem.

I am going to try out Vega Pro and Vega Europe next.

By the way, the surface of the Vega series, I already noticed that it scratches more easily than the Rakza series and C-1. We will see how the Vega rubbers hold up over time. But so far so good!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
The Vega topsheet definitely does feel like I can bang it up easily. Then again, I literally just tore my Rakza 7.

I have a batch of C-1's coming in soon, so I'm interested in seeing how it compares to how I felt when playing with the Europe and Pro.
I used C-1 many years ago before upgrading to G-1. Then I switched from wood to carbon and G-1 feels too hard on my carbon blade. But C-1 is now fitting very well with my BH when I use carbon blade.

You will like C-1. Both G-1 and C-1 last like forever. They would not die.

Reactions: OvrChkn
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I just played with Vega Asia and Vega Pro today. Vega Pro definitely makes that distinct "Tenergy 05" clicking noise while Vega Europe has no such a sound. Vega Asia is somewhere in between. I like Vega Asia better and it felt softer than Pro. Supposedly their sponge hardness is the same. Does Asia have a softer top sheet than Pro?