Xiom Vega series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
So TT11 must be loving me. I have noticed that TT11 has put various Vega series rubber on 30% sale each week. I wonder what will be on sales tomorrow Sunday....

I have digressed. How would you rank the Vega series rubber? Xiom Vega Korea is not on sales in most parts of the world so I have not bought or considered that one yet.

I understand that Vega X and Vega Pro might be on the harder side? Xiom Vega Elite is the softest. Followed by Xiom Vega Europe as the second softest. How about Xiom Vega Japan and Xiom Vega Asia? How would you rank all of them in terms of hardest to the softest?

In addition, I have heard some people saying that they like Vega Pro more than Vega X even though Vega X is newer.

I have also read some people stating that Xiom Vega Japan has a different top sheet that is a bit more modern than the rest of the Vega series.

I am asking these questions because I have been EJ'ing with some blades. I like to find a rubber for each blade eventually. For fast blades, I am thinking about sticking softer Vega Europe on them. For slower blades, I am thinking about sticking a harder Xiom Vega rubber on them. And shelling out $45-$60 regular price for each sheet of ESN rubber is getting expensive, even after the 30% bulk discount. Xiom Vega series seems to be the best bang for the buck. And I like my BH rubber to be "catapulty" so I can do less work. Xiom Vega series seem to fit that billing.

Thanks ahead of time!

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Haven't tried Vega X and Japan.
My hardness scale:
Hardest-------------------------------->Softest
Vega China>Vega Tour>=Vega Pro>Vega Asia>Vega Euro
Vega Asia has the same sponge as Pro but a softer topsheet. Tour is just a bit more dynamic than the Pro. China is a hybrid. Euro the softest one obviously. I like Asia and Euro.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Haven't tried Vega X and Japan.
My hardness scale:
Hardest-------------------------------->Softest
Vega China>Vega Tour>=Vega Pro>Vega Asia>Vega Euro
Vega Asia has the same sponge as Pro but a softer topsheet. Tour is just a bit more dynamic than the Pro. China is a hybrid. Euro the softest one obviously. I like Asia and Euro.
Great! Thank you for your feedback. I have not considered Vega China because I like hurricane on my forehand. I am not aware of Vega Tour so thank you for letting me know about that.

I am aware of Vega Elite to be even softer than Vega Europe. I like Vega Europe but that is probably the lowest end of softness I would go on any rubber. Glad that you like Vega Asia. I have a couple sheets coming in from TT11's weekly special. Dandoy has Vega Pro (and Vega Europe) on weekly special so I will get a couple sheets of that as well. Appreciate your comment.

Reactions: Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Here is what you want to know: https://www.xiom.eu/vega
Great! Awesome. I did not know such website existed. To summarize the website below:

Degree of sponge hardness:

54°: Vega CHINA
47,5°: Vega X, ASIA, PRO, INTRO, LPO
45°: Vega TOUR, JAPAN
42,5°: Vega EUROPE, ASIA DF, SPO
40°: Vega ELITE
37,5°: Vega EUROPE DF

My little note: I thought Vega Europe might be softer than that, around 40 degree. I did not know that Vega Europe DF is even softer than Vega Elite.

Throw angle:

Vega PRO (very high)>X>JAPAN>EUROPE>EUROPE DF>ASIA>ELITE>INTRO>TOUR>ASIA DF>CHINA (low)

I never understand the concept of throw angle. I think it depends on your technique.

Catapult effect:

Elasto Futura (very springy, also used for Omega 7 rubbers)>Dynamic Friction (also used for Omega 5 rubbers)>Hyper Elasto (Vega typical technology)>Physi Elasto(less springy, a bit like classic rubbers without built-in glue effect)

Elasto Futura: Vega X, TOUR
Dynamic Friction: Vega ASIA DF, EUROPE DF
Hyper Elasto: Vega PRO, ASIA, JAPAN, EUROPE, ELITE
Physi Elasto: Vega INTRO

I always knew that Vega intro should have the least catapult. I am surprised that X and Tour have much more catapult than Pro, Asia, Japan and Europe.

Well, I already have one sheet of X and two sheets of Europe. I am happy with the series so far. I will probably acquire a couple sheets of Asia, Japan and Pro. That's pretty much it. Among those five models (X, Europe, Asia, Japan and Pro), I should find a coupe like I like more and put them on certain blades.

I would probably get a sheet of Tour later. Regardless, I will have to test a few them out myself and I may come away with slightly different conclusion from the website.

Thanks to everyone for the input!

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
I find the X have durability issue. The Pro has better durability.

Vega China is a H3 alternative, perfect for FH.

I agree Vega Eu goes well with fast blade. Its touch and control is amazing.
Vega EU is great also on 5 ply all wood. I use it on Yasaka Sweden Extra and control is top notch. It lacks of speed, but if you use 5ply all wood and soft rubbers like me, speed is definitely not the main focus of the setup.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Vega EU is great also on 5 ply all wood. I use it on Yasaka Sweden Extra and control is top notch. It lacks of speed, but if you use 5ply all wood and soft rubbers like me, speed is definitely not the main focus of the setup.

Tell you what, at the amateur level, 5-ply and controlled game still very popular

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023

durability issue in what sense? fragile topsheet, oxidize quickly, or the sponge dies quickly?

This user has no status.
Tell you what, at the amateur level, 5-ply and controlled game still very popular
TBH my setup was made following suggestions from my coach. He always says power is useless without control. I'd say it's popular also at beginners level at least in a country like mine where TT community and history isn't too much developed.

Reactions: JJ Ng and ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
TBH my setup was made following suggestions from my coach. He always says power is useless without control. I'd say it's popular also at beginners level at least in a country like mine where TT community and history isn't too much developed.

I always have a 5-ply setup with me. If you hit the ball early, 5-ply is more than enough at the amateur level.

Reactions: Trevize84 and JJ Ng
Nov 2022
The sponge is excellent as usual. My X lost grip faster than my Pro.
Vega Tour has the same issue and the topsheet is fragile too. I've noticed that Asia has Lifetime+ technology when the newer Vegas don't have it and they last for much less time. Marketing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Need a phd to understand 1 series of rubbers from Xiom.
Korea isn't even on the list
SPO and LPO can come off the list too.

Vega China has 2 versions, they only listed one.
Vega DEF isn't on there, so isn't the i-Switch series.

I actually like the Vega series more than the Omega series. Price is good. Performance (for price) is brilliant.

Maybe should look at the main HQ website. The Europe one isn't updated for months...

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Vega Tour has the same issue and the topsheet is fragile too. I've noticed that Asia has Lifetime+ technology when the newer Vegas don't have it and they last for much less time. Marketing
Vega Pro / Vega Euro is all you need for a T05 / T05FX offering.
All the others are gap fillers

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
Great! Awesome. I did not know such website existed. To summarize the website below:

Degree of sponge hardness:

54°: Vega CHINA
47,5°: Vega X, ASIA, PRO, INTRO, LPO
45°: Vega TOUR, JAPAN
42,5°: Vega EUROPE, ASIA DF, SPO
40°: Vega ELITE
37,5°: Vega EUROPE DF

I have both Vega Europe and Europe DF and on my feeling Europe DF even harder then Europe. No way Europe DF 37.5 degree

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews

I have a different opinion. I’m using my second pair of Vega X`s and to me Vega X is way more durable compairing other esn rubbers like Rasanters, Evolution serie etc. Omega 7 pro has similar durability with VegaX.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Was looking for a good bh rubber from Vega series, play hours around 10-15 hours per week, age 15, one year TT playing. Now she had d 09 c on bh, but she feels can't handle the rubber, she tried mxp, mxd, elp, eld, z2, but these rubber Still a bit too fast for her bh. Was thinking of Vega Korea, but in the US market still not in stock yet.