Xiom Vega series

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
I just played with Vega Asia and Vega Pro today. Vega Pro definitely makes that distinct "Tenergy 05" clicking noise while Vega Europe has no such a sound. Vega Asia is somewhere in between. I like Vega Asia better and it felt softer than Pro. Supposedly their sponge hardness is the same. Does Asia have a softer top sheet than Pro?
Yes, Asia's topsheet is softer

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yes, Asia's topsheet is softer
Great! Thank you for your answer. So I was not imaging things.

I don't care much for the "Tenergy 05" clicking sound. After all, I am used to Rakza 7 soft and C-1. Neither produces that kind of sound.

So far I like the Xiom Vega series because it is a spectrum and you can move up on the sponge hardness as your backhand develops. I mean, Xiom Vega is soft with some catapult effect. I can see why so many people love using that on the backhand. So much control and if you hit it harder the catapult effect becomes more pronounced. At this point, I think I am ready for a slightly harder sponge in Xiom Vega Asia.

Eventually when I am ready to go up to Vega Pro and Vega X, that's also probably the time I go to Rakza 7 regular and test them side by side.

I still have a sheet of Vega Japan somewhere but I am not even sure I want to EJ with that for now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I tried some Xiom Vega rubbers on my friends setup and was really unimpressed. This thing has like 30% less spin than my D05, not to mention even higher spin rubbers like D09c or boosted Hurricane.

It felt quite easy to control though.
Vega is a pretty cool rubber if it is cheap. But it seems like its getting more expensive, where its not even a value rubber anymore.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I tried some Xiom Vega rubbers on my friends setup and was really unimpressed. This thing has like 30% less spin than my D05, not to mention even higher spin rubbers like D09c or boosted Hurricane.

I use boosted hurricane on the forehand and Vega Asia on the backhand.

You cannot compare Vega rubbers to boosted hurricane. Nothing is as spinny as boosted hurricane.

If they can keep Vega series in the 36 to 40 USD range, then I will keep on buying it.

I just got a 1.9mm sponge D64 so I will see how it plays.

However, I only use these non-Chinese rubbers on my backhand side so I cannot really judge.

I would say Vega Asia, C-1 and Rakza 7 soft are all about the same on my BH side. I am starting to feel that Vega Europe is too soft but I like to put that on a very fast carbon blade to slow it down. I feel that Vega Pro is too hard for my BH at this moment. I am going to wait on using that one extensively.

Reactions: blahness
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014

Omegas are where its at imo. I've heard a lot of good things about Omega VII but I've only used V Asia and V Tour, V Tour is one of my favorite rubbers but it didn't last that long for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Omegas are where its at imo. I've heard a lot of good things about Omega VII but I've only used V Asia and V Tour, V Tour is one of my favorite rubbers but it didn't last that long for me.
I have not tempted to upgrade to Omega V or Omega VII yet. Once I conquer Vega Pro and Vega X, then I might get tempted.... :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
For what it's worth, I've measured the sponge hardness of Vega X, it is very close to the G-1, and also Rakza 9. The Rakza X is a bit harder then these 3 rubbers. The top-sheet structure of the Vega X looks quite similar to G-1, I mean the top-sheet thickness and pimple-structure (not the coating, that seems closer to RX). The Rakza X has (or seems to me) slightly thinner top-sheet and lower pimple height.

I didn't play with Vega X yet, the G-1 still holds well. But I hoped it would be closer to RX than to the G-1, which doesn't seem to be the case. I'll see eventually.

Had a short hit with Xiom Omega 7 Tour. It has the right hardness, if I didn't use tacky chinese, that would be the ESN rubber I'd go for, for the FH.

Jul 2014
I got to try out the C-1, and I definitely prefer it over the Vega Europe so far. I'll report more once I get close to 40ish hours on it.
VE felt much softer and mushier to me, and more spin-sensitive. I was surprised at how crispy and snappy the C1 felt when I first tried it despite its relative softness. I think another similar rubber is the Ventus Limber, its softer sponged than Vega Euro but the toosheet is tougher like that on C1, I think it plays more like a milder less aggressive C1 but I can't compare them side by side.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
VE felt much softer and mushier to me, and more spin-sensitive. I was surprised at how crispy and snappy the C1 felt when I first tried it despite its relative softness. I think another similar rubber is the Ventus Limber, its softer sponged than Vega Euro but the toosheet is tougher like that on C1, I think it plays more like a milder less aggressive C1 but I can't compare them side by side.
Definitely felt like I had a much harder time returning backspin from VE than I do the C1. I think VE had too much dwell time for me and the C1 is a nice feeling in between the VE and the Rakza 7. I feel like I have less struggle with short touches and pushes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I got to try out the C-1, and I definitely prefer it over the Vega Europe so far. I'll report more once I get close to 40ish hours on it.
Glad to hear this, C-1 is a much better rubber for the kind of direction I would guide a player towards than Vega Europe. Hope at some point you give it a try on both sides.

Reactions: OvrChkn
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Omega V Asia to me was kind of like Golden Tango without the tack, I loved that rubber, but it stopped working when you didn't hit the ball hard which was what took me off it. I just couldn't swing that way all the time, for me, I have a brushing gear with GT that I couldn't find with OVA, and I put that down mostly to GT tack.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
Jul 2014
Omega V Asia to me was kind of like Golden Tango without the tack, I loved that rubber, but it stopped working when you didn't hit the ball hard which was what took me off it. I just couldn't swing that way all the time, for me, I have a brushing gear with GT that I couldn't find with OVA, and I put that down mostly to GT tack.
I had mixed feelings about OVA, it had a good meaty and stable feeling but to me it ended up feeling like a less exciting MXS. OVT in comparison is more in line with a strongly boosted, dynamic modern topspinners rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I had mixed feelings about OVA, it had a good meaty and stable feeling but to me it ended up feeling like a less exciting MXS. OVT in comparison is more in line with a strongly boosted, dynamic modern topspinners rubber
MXS was one of my favorite rubbers for sure. OVT never hooked me. Sometimes I hit with a rubber briefly and if I don't feel something special in one stroke, I just don't spend much time. Especially if for me, my opening topspin loses bite.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Glad to hear this, C-1 is a much better rubber for the kind of direction I would guide a player towards than Vega Europe. Hope at some point you give it a try on both sides.
Yeah, have it FH/BH with my inner carbon blade. Definitely more comfortable than my all wood setup.

Thank you for the advice.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
And also how do they play against rakza 7?
There are key differences between Xiom and Rakza series -
1. Durability - Yasaka Rakza 7 is more durable compared to Xiom Vega series by which I mean that the performance reduces more linearly for Rakza as compared to Vega series.
2. Tuner effect - Xiom rubbers are tensor, means they are factory tuned. The tuning effect goes off probably in 30-45 days based on the hours you use them. Once it is gone, the rubber becomes more linear and the catapult effect reduces a lot.
3. Weight - I think Rakza rubbers are equally weighted if not more compared to Xiom series. However, based on which Xiom rubber you choose, you can get a pretty light rubber compared to Yasaka Rakza 7. So if the overall weight of the setup matters to you then this might be a deal breaker for you.
4. Spin capability - I believe that it is little easier to generate spin from Yasaka but please take this with a bit of salt as it is dependent on the blade and also on your technique.