May 2021
Please inform

Yinhe Big Dipper hardness 40
is it hard or easy play?
or need a booster?

my blade
inner carbon + alc

Depends on what you previously used

If you're used to typical chinese hard tacky rubber, you might try it unboosted. Unboosted, most yinhe rubbers are very playable, the feel is elastic enough

But, coming from eurojap/tensors/high-tension rubber, perhaps one thin layer won't hurt at all

says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
I had played this rubber on FH with Yinhe N1 blade. The speed is decent, very spinny. It's easy to get the ball over the net and drop on the opponent table. This because the dwell time is long (too long, IMO) that I can even adjust my shot while the ball is still in contact with the rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I had BD 40 a long long time ago, and I remember it feeling not as bouncy as BD39. It wasn't slow by any means either, but it just had less hybrid feeling and slightly closer to a regular Chinese rubber. So if you are planning on using 40, I would recommend boosting.

If I had to choose between 39 vs 40 boosted, I would definitely choose 40 boosted for FH.

I also use 38 boosted for BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I had BD 40 a long long time ago, and I remember it feeling not as bouncy as BD39. It wasn't slow by any means either, but it just had less hybrid feeling and slightly closer to a regular Chinese rubber. So if you are planning on using 40, I would recommend boosting.

If I had to choose between 39 vs 40 boosted, I would definitely choose 40 boosted for FH.

I also use 38 boosted for BH.
Maybe I need 38 degree or 39 degree, and not 40 degree? I have been using H3 neo at 39 degree so I figured, why not get 40 degree on Big Dipper and see whta happens.

I think I already asked you on the other thread. Where did you source your Big Dipper? I got mine on BEO shop on Aliexpress. I have no complaint. The tranction was smooth and I got the whole shipment about 7-10 days later. I bought a bunch of rubber for $110 and change. cannot complain about the price. Big Dipper was like $15 a sheet plus some importation tax.

In that patch, I got SANWEI T88 ULTRA Spin Table Tennis Rubber (training version) for $5. It is actually a very very good rubber. Red. However, there is no thread on that so I don't have any other place to comment on it. I put it on a relative fast 5-ply wood blade and it plays very nicely.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Maybe I need 38 degree or 39 degree, and not 40 degree? I have been using H3 neo at 39 degree so I figured, why not get 40 degree on Big Dipper and see whta happens.

I think I already asked you on the other thread. Where did you source your Big Dipper? I got mine on BEO shop on Aliexpress. I have no complaint. The tranction was smooth and I got the whole shipment about 7-10 days later. I bought a bunch of rubber for $110 and change. cannot complain about the price. Big Dipper was like $15 a sheet plus some importation tax.

In that patch, I got SANWEI T88 ULTRA Spin Table Tennis Rubber (training version) for $5. It is actually a very very good rubber. Red. However, there is no thread on that so I don't have any other place to comment on it. I put it on a relative fast 5-ply wood blade and it plays very nicely.
If you want a bit more hybrid feel, I would recommend you try BD 39 or Jupiter 3 39

Reactions: JJ Ng